Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell Red Devils- 2007
I can't wait anymore how long until the real practice starts for the '07 season. If someone can tell me let's start a countdown!!
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:I think they will be the biggest.. And ask Mercer about 74,, can he move???? 6 unassisted stops today.. at the line..
The backs look like this-
Jones played in 15 games
Baily played in 15 games
Abrams played in 15 games
Cordle played in 12 games
Hopper played in 12 games
Will Rice played in 9 games this year as freshman.
Whittaker played in 4 games this year a s freshman..

The backs have a vast knowledge of Varsity playing time as the stats show.....
Hey brother Whittaker was a QB but other freshman back that playing in 9 games and also at Line backer was Kamron Smith as well as will rice also played ling backer as freshman
yea I forgot Kamron ,,,,,that is what is funny, so many kids played on the varsity team this year you could not remember who they were. You would have 2= 56 on the field, or 74's.....rotating in and out and clean pants going in every set of plays in the 4th Q in some games......That is why the team is good every year and not DOMINATE IN STATS as some teams.. our kids can sometimes play only 2-3 quarters..... BUT it makes the overall team better for next year.
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Someone help me with a countdown please. How long until fall season starts?
They should still be tough, especially with mcglone continuing to coach them
6'8" and 6'10" will be here in January....... I see the sun being blocked out soon... Spring football should be interesting........... The size of kids these days still amazes me.....Must be the steroids in the beef cattle we feed to our kids???? OMG !!!
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:6'8" and 6'10" will be here in January....... I see the sun being blocked out soon... Spring football should be interesting........... The size of kids these days still amazes me.....Must be the steroids in the beef cattle we feed to our kids???? OMG !!!
haha I know I cannot wait. It's going to be awesome.. Do you think that their is good possibility of us being the biggest line in the state next year...?
Size is phenomenal, but I wouldn't get too excited yet. Hopefully with that size, they can play, but I've seen several 6"5 + and over 300 lb kids who are, lets say, not that talented and never sniff the field. If you get all jacked up before you know their ability, you may be disappointed.
okay. lets take those 2 out,,,,,,,,,,WOW what size we have on the front line this year, RG-6'4", RT6'6", RE 6"4"-----C-__, LG-6'1", LT-6'4", LE=6'1"..... WELL without those two boys we are still a pretty good size team..... Now add them in.
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Yea the SLOW (LOL) line will look like this returning.
51 Tyler Dickens 6'3" 295 11 tackle
56 Mike Dillon 6'4" 230 10-- guard
74 Seth Harvey 6'6 330 10- tackle
## Josh 6'10" 345 10 - tackle
75 Toby Hicks 6'3" 330 11- center or tackle
82 Ross May 6'2" 190 10- end
44 Greg Bender 6'2" 211 11 -guard
60 Mickey Brown 6' 195 11- guard or end

What's the status on Jonathan Crornwell, and will he be ready to play next year?
Checked around school and still cant find Josh, number ##. I'll keep looking because he shouldn't be hard to miss.
I talked to John Cornwell Sr. the other day and he said his leg has healed and he is ready for next year. Hope he brings to varsity what we saw in the JV games. The kid eats pain like candy and loves to hit.
Sponge Bob Wrote:Size is phenomenal, but I wouldn't get too excited yet. Hopefully with that size, they can play, but I've seen several 6"5 + and over 300 lb kids who are, lets say, not that talented and never sniff the field. If you get all jacked up before you know their ability, you may be disappointed.

Trust me, the majority of these guys have "sniffed" the field.
does anyone know anything about the kids that will be juniors next year, and what they bring to the table?? can anyone comment on this???
Be here Christmas Break, they will be starting school January when school starts back. They should be seen in the halls when school starts, I dont think you can miss them.
jgrubby Wrote:I talked to John Cornwell Sr. the other day and he said his leg has healed and he is ready for next year. Hope he brings to varsity what we saw in the JV games. The kid eats pain like candy and loves to hit.

He didint play one jv game this year he was already starting on defense when he was hurt.. then redden stepped up and took on the role and he did an alsome job i might add....but your exactley right jonathon does thrive on plain, hes not one of those kids that just quits when thingsget hard he doesnt quit it gives him the addrenaline to go harder.. hes just a great player.. cant wait till next year we going back to the pizza box
jgrubby Wrote:Trust me, the majority of these guys have "sniffed" the field.

I'm obviously not talking about Russell's current line. I'm talking about the two new (6"8 and 6"10) players Russell is supposed to be getting. My point is that you should not get too excited about them until you can see if they can play. Sure, be excited about their size, but don't assume yet they they will be All Americans.

If you read my quote correctly, I said I have seen numerous kids who were 6"5 or more and over 300 pounds who were not good football players and never sniffed the field. Russell has had several of those type players in the past, as I'm sure have other schools.
Sponge Bob Wrote:I'm obviously not talking about Russell's current line. I'm talking about the two new (6"8 and 6"10) players Russell is supposed to be getting. My point is that you should not get too excited about them until you can see if they can play. Sure, be excited about their size, but don't assume yet they they will be All Americans.

If you read my quote correctly, I said I have seen numerous kids who were 6"5 or more and over 300 pounds who were not good football players and never sniffed the field. Russell has had several of those type players in the past, as I'm sure have other schools.

Who assumed what?
And your point is??
poop
russelldevils54 Wrote:like last year sometime.....he was riding his dirtbick on the industrial parkway and some chick hit him and kept on going.........she didn't stop so last years quaarterback tommy brown chased her down...........(this chick has like a terminal illness and she had like 2 years to live so........kind of sad really)

That is no problem now, I personally know him and he is released and is back to running, walking and can't wait to put on another pair of pads for this up coming year.
Russell will definitely challenge for a state title...I have NEVER seen that big of a line on a team. Wow, whatre yall feeding the boys down in Russell??? Good luck, not like youll need it, and Im extremely glad we dont play yall...lmao:Thumbs:
The 6'8' kid is not there.
NO I heard today that they were waiting to finish the school year instead of coming at Christmas.. What that intells,,, I dont know.... Why did they not come...?? I dont know. Am I worried... not in the least...It would be nice to have them and then again who would not want that addition to the team.......????
And if they dont show,,, well,, then they dont show.. It will not be the end of Football at Russell, guaranteeeeeeeed.
Hey FBALL see ya at the BBALL Game.
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:NO I heard today that they were waiting to finish the school year instead of coming at Christmas.. What that intells,,, I dont know.... Why did they not come...?? I dont know. Am I worried... not in the least...It would be nice to have them and then again who would not want that addition to the team.......????
And if they dont show,,, well,, then they dont show.. It will not be the end of Football at Russell, guaranteeeeeeeed.
Hey FBALL see ya at the BBALL Game.

Won't be there. Gotta work.:flame:
Work??? Thats funny.......don't you usually just show up and get paid for it???
jgrubby Wrote:Work??? Thats funny.......don't you usually just show up and get paid for it???

Yep.Smile
They be good
Devil68 Wrote:What's the status on Jonathan Crornwell, and will he be ready to play next year?
Checked around school and still cant find Josh, number ##. I'll keep looking because he shouldn't be hard to miss.
johnathen is good to go for now , still sore but good condition
this so called monsterous josh i dont no were you are gettin this
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Yea the SLOW (LOL) line will look like this returning.
51 Tyler Dickens 6'3" 295 11 tackle
56 Mike Dillon 6'4" 230 10-- guard
74 Seth Harvey 6'6 330 10- tackle
## Josh 6'10" 345 10 - tackle
75 Toby Hicks 6'3" 330 11- center or tackle
82 Ross May 6'2" 190 10- end
44 Greg Bender 6'2" 211 11 -guard
60 Mickey Brown 6' 195 11- guard or end
tyler dickens is not playing this year and his weight is alot more then that he is about 340 , i wish he would play
dundee Wrote:tyler dickens is not playing this year and his weight is alot more then that he is about 340 , i wish he would play

I hear from pretty reliable sources that Tyler has not made the decision not to play next year.
does kamron smith have a shot at playing next year