Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell Red Devils- 2007
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Heck,, why wait any longer, lets do this.......
From what I hear Russell returns...They should be LOADED and looking to go back to the carpet next year! Should have a huge line!
Yea the SLOW (LOL) line will look like this returning.
51 Tyler Dickens 6'3" 295 11 tackle
56 Mike Dillon 6'4" 230 10-- guard
74 Seth Harvey 6'6 330 10- tackle
## Josh 6'10" 345 10 - tackle
75 Toby Hicks 6'3" 330 11- center or tackle
82 Ross May 6'2" 190 10- end
44 Greg Bender 6'2" 211 11 -guard
60 Mickey Brown 6' 195 11- guard or end
So the line will average a height of about 6'4 or 6'5 and a weight of around the 225-275 range?
BACKS will probaly look like this

AJ Cordle- QB/RB
Tyler Jones- Feature back / QB
David Bailey- RB, FB
Drew Abrams- RB
Josh Hopper- FB/RB

Jason Dolly- Kicker !!
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Yea the SLOW (LOL) line will look like this returning.

Wow, I have not heard of someone having that much beef unless it was a Food City or Wal-Mart. Probably will be the largest line in the state next season.
BIGBLACK Wrote:Wow, I have not heard of someone having that much beef unless it was a Food City or Wal-Mart. Probably will be the largest line in the state next season.

No doubt, with a line like that, w/e run's the ball should have holes big enough to drive a truck through
I think they will be the biggest.. And ask Mercer about 74,, can he move???? 6 unassisted stops today.. at the line..
The backs look like this-
Jones played in 15 games
Baily played in 15 games
Abrams played in 15 games
Cordle played in 12 games
Hopper played in 12 games
Will Rice played in 9 games this year as freshman.
Whittaker played in 4 games this year a s freshman..

The backs have a vast knowledge of Varsity playing time as the stats show.....
I wouldn't be suprised to see the Red Devil's playing again for the championship next year
Cant wait,is it football season yet.Smile Rolleyes
If only! LOL Why can't it be football season year-round? Going from playing in the heat waves of the summer to the chilling winds of snow in the winter would be fun Tongue

Not to be mean or anything.........but......

Dickens is just fat.....seriously have you seen him play??:ape: this is dickens............j/k (no one get offended at me calling dickens fat)
Ross May is not physical at all and not very good
Bender is a tight end..
and who knows if Mickey can even walk let alone run nnext year.......he did get hit by a car you know...Confusedhithappe lol
russelldevils54 Wrote:and who knows if Mickey can even walk let alone run nnext year.......he did get hit by a car you know...

Got hit by a car!? huh what?
When did this happen?
Panther#42 Wrote:Got hit by a car!? huh what?
When did this happen?

like last year sometime.....he was riding his dirtbick on the industrial parkway and some chick hit him and kept on going.........she didn't stop so last years quaarterback tommy brown chased her down...........(this chick has like a terminal illness and she had like 2 years to live so........kind of sad really)
Yes I have seen these guys play,,,,HELL I am fat......but anything can happen between now and then..... I am just posting some of the kids I have seen and happen to have remembered off hand..... BUT since you KNOW everyone.. Please feel free to put out THE CORRECT info.....
AND DONT USE SETH HARVEYS PIC FOR TYLER............(LOL inside joke with SETH).....
Bender will play end as you said until the coaches decide where everyone is going to play.....
I am just waiting for next year....
You know I'm not going to be supprised if someone doesn't think we recruit. LOL, and you know the private schools will be the first to say something.
Does any one Know when the first day of Training is?
russelldevils54 Wrote:Not to be mean or anything.........but......

Dickens is just fat.....seriously have you seen him play??:ape: this is dickens............j/k (no one get offended at me calling dickens fat)
Ross May is not physical at all and not very good
Bender is a tight end..
and who knows if Mickey can even walk let alone run nnext year.......he did get hit by a car you know...Confusedhithappe lol

Well you know how the old saying goes, some people are fat, some people are ignorant, fat people can lost weight, :Clap: Oh just joking.
jgrubby Wrote:You know I'm not going to be supprised if someone doesn't think we recruit. LOL, and you know the private schools will be the first to say something.

Where are you guys recruit your players from anyways LOL just kidding Russell will be great again next year. One more thing they may be big the they are slow just joking again.
jgrubby Wrote:Does any one Know when the first day of Training is?

Today for me :thumpsup:
Ours started a week or two ago...But im doing extra work on my own today as well!

That is by far one of the biggest lines in the state!! That 6'10 345 Tackle, is that a mis-type or is that really his size? lol
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:I think they will be the biggest.. And ask Mercer about 74,, can he move???? 6 unassisted stops today.. at the line..
The backs look like this-
Jones played in 15 games
Baily played in 15 games
Abrams played in 15 games
Cordle played in 12 games
Hopper played in 12 games
Will Rice played in 9 games this year as freshman.
Whittaker played in 4 games this year a s freshman..

The backs have a vast knowledge of Varsity playing time as the stats show.....
you just mentioned only 2 freshmans ,there are a few more that got plenty of playing time ,Will Rice and Kamron Smith played JV some and Varsity,both are great linebackers and RB's.They were the backbones of the freshman this year.
This year BHSTongueirateSho
was good.But i think #11 was the best
BHS RULES TongueirateSho TongueirateSku :runtouchd
Sorry been off for a while, I have listed just some of the players returning, and if I missed talking about some of them is because I did not get to see any JV games this year due to coaching schedule of my own....
I will say that these stats dont look bad for next year either.
Of the 10 games we will play these stats are from what I could find at KHSAA.
Ashland= 3665 total yards
Mason Co= 2727 total yards
Raceland= 3210
West Carter= 2883
Simon Kenton= 3800
Boyd Co= no stats
Greenup Co. = no stats
East Carter= no stats
Lawrence Co. = no stats
Lewis Co. = no stats

Russell returns these stats for next year.= 2889 total yards from underclassmen.
Not a bad comparison to the total yards of other teams this year with their seniors.
Russell had 5636 total yards with 2889 coming from underclassmen. We return what most have accomplished this year as a total team....
Wow it seems like Russell has a lot coming back.. and they're HUGE! I thought Newport had a big O LINE in the 06 season. with an average of 6' 3" or 6' 4" along the front running around 250-260 pounds... seems like these guys are immense... but the boys that weigh up in the 300's can they move???
Ask anyone who has played us this --can they move?????
You dont stay in the starting lineup if you cant move,, if you dont produce,, you get REDUCED..... What do think???? Think they can play.. or are they just out there to stand around???
I think alot of people who played us this year just thought that they were big and slow until the whistle blew... If you have to double team and triple team... Some body is making the tackle.....
nptnorse06 Wrote:Wow it seems like Russell has a lot coming back.. and they're HUGE! I thought Newport had a big O LINE in the 06 season. with an average of 6' 3" or 6' 4" along the front running around 250-260 pounds... seems like these guys are immense... but the boys that weigh up in the 300's can they move???

Not only can they move, they will be getting faster over the summer. Plus, they are mostly going to be juniors. Should be exciting to watch, now the boys just have to do their part and work.:wieghts: If they do that then I believe Russell will be :1: agian in '07.
After talking to some of the linemen last night at the ball game.... Things are definitley looking good. The new kid has a brother I heard last night that will be coming with him.. One is 6'8" the other is 6'10".. I just heard it last night but do not know if it is true....... OMG if it is..... Adam Foster would be the smallest lineman on the team at 6'1" 200... now that is something special.....
Pages: 1 2 3