Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan County hires Eddie Creech
Don't run them down when you know your program couldn't do any better.
Demarcus ware Wrote:Belfry has success you mean so that leaves one. You see what happens to the other in the playoffs year after year.

Same thing that has happened to your school and pretty much every school in the state that's played them.....Highlands.

So I guess by definition if you haven't won a state title in the last 2 years ago then you aren't a power program. So I guess we should eliminate Boyle, Bell, Cov Cath, Johnson Central, I could go on and on. I thought you were a high school football fan. Sure Johnson Central wants to win a state title. No one other than you thinks of them as anything less than a power program that has had massive success. Heck they have beat the time out of Belfry the last two years and Belfry is wearing rings.
This is going to be my last visit and post to this thread.

Everyone or anyone can sit back on their laurels and be picky. You can criticize, advise micro manage and whatever else it takes to make your happy and comfortable with yourselves.

I try to look at facts and be objective about things; leave my emotions out of it. It's apparent, I am not successful with this. If I was, I wouldn't have to stop visiting this thread.

Bottom line, I love Harlan County High School and even though I won't be at many of the games next season, I will always support the kids and programs. I also know Eddie Creech, very very well. He's one of the best men I have ever known and I am totally convinced that he has the best interest of the kids at heart....NO QUESTION!!! I also know that this is his first attempt at being a head coach.

I don't know what kind of job he will do at head coach, but I know for a FACT that he will give it his best effort and he has no other agenda but helping the kids at HC.

I will support Coach Creech til the Lord comes back! And I wish him all the luck in the world.

Go Black Bears!!!!!
johnnyd Wrote:Same thing that has happened to your school and pretty much every school in the state that's played them.....Highlands.

So I guess by definition if you haven't won a state title in the last 2 years ago then you aren't a power program. So I guess we should eliminate Boyle, Bell, Cov Cath, Johnson Central, I could go on and on. I thought you were a high school football fan. Sure Johnson Central wants to win a state title. No one other than you thinks of them as anything less than a power program that has had massive success. Heck they have beat the time out of Belfry the last two years and Belfry is wearing rings.
How many state titles they got? wasnt long ago highlands was in 5A so what happened then? Oops how short our memory is. Canada isnt very good in football and yes thats whats happened to us, notice the direction change. Duh..
Cardfan1 Wrote:Don't run them down when you know your program couldn't do any better.
Im not claiming it can but im also not beating my chest saying we have massive success.
Demarcus ware Wrote:I know exactly what kind of animals they are. So dont scream massive success when even their down years they beat you. Im not the one screaming massive success when its not so true.

Who is the best team in Eastern Ky? What I mean is if we lined them all up and played who wouldl come out on top? Most likely year in and year out it would be Johnson Central right now.
I dont see why creech is scared of those teams, he has alomst the whole team back with exception of TE, RT and a few others. But has most on def back with QB, lots of RBs and Wrs
With the new spread offense we should be pretty dominate throwing the ball

Make a few adjustments at half and we should beat Belfry and JC since we got just as many returning as they do. We have made it to the Semis, I dont think JC has so we shouldnt be afraid of them. Belfry lost more good players than we did so we got them at home and should win that game.
Al this dropping teams because we are scared we cant compete is nonsense, play them and see where we stack up when we have to play a good team in playoffs
Bear booster Wrote:I dont see why creech is scared of those teams, he has alomst the whole team back with exception of TE, RT and a few others. But has most on def back with QB, lots of RBs and Wrs

Make a few adjustments at half and we should beat Belfry and JC since we got just as many returning as they do. We have made it to the Semis, I dont think JC has so we shouldnt be afraid of them. Belfry lost more good players than we did so we got them at home and should win that game.
Al this dropping teams because we are scared we cant compete is nonsense, play them and see where we stack up when we have to play a good team in playoffs

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Bear booster Wrote:I dont see why creech is scared of those teams, he has alomst the whole team back with exception of TE, RT and a few others. But has most on def back with QB, lots of RBs and Wrs

Geez booster you dont even know who we have lost. We lost almost the entire O and D line. We do have a few skill players coming back and the QB but who's gonna block? Booster my butt I bet you dont even know where the school is.
Demarcus ware Wrote:Geez booster you dont even know who we have lost. We lost almost the entire O and D line. We do have a few skill players coming back and the QB but who's gonna block? Booster my butt I bet you dont even know where the school is.

Now thats funny....:biglmao:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Demarcus ware Wrote:Geez booster you dont even know who we have lost. We lost almost the entire O and D line. We do have a few skill players coming back and the QB but who's gonna block? Booster my butt I bet you dont even know where the school is.

turn left off 119 and its about 4 miles on the left
or other way
go straight by DQ and keep going
Bear booster Wrote:turn left off 119 and its about 4 miles on the left
or other way
go straight by DQ and keep going

Wow!!! Someone can read a map!!!! Confusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Demarcus is Jake going to be ready come spring ball? I believe he is going to be hard to handle this year. Would love to see any kid on any team play with as much passion and reckless abandonment as he does. After watching him play agsinst Knox last year I becamea big fan of his.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
panther nation Wrote:Demarcus is Jake going to be ready come spring ball? I believe he is going to be hard to handle this year. Would love to see any kid on any team play with as much passion and reckless abandonment as he does. After watching him play agsinst Knox last year I becamea big fan of his.
Yeah he's gonna be good to go. That's one kid that will sacrifice his body. Love watching him play and him being my cousin is cool too Confusednicker:
Very glad to here that. Great kid.

Coach Creech will be fine. I say do whatever you think is best, you are in charge of this program. Bears will be OK
panther nation Wrote:Wow!!! Someone can read a map!!!! Confusednicker:

Yeah maybe you can read a map to bell co but your sore loser fans won't have to after the way they acted at bell last year and got the series cancelled
Let's see, how many regions have you guys won.
Didn't you all FINALLY win a dist last yr
Listen to all you people outside of Harlan County that have no clue what is going on here. Coach Creech had nothing to do with Coach Larkey's firing. No, Creech is just a man of GOD that cares dearly about the kids of Harlan County that took the job because the players beat his door down at school wanting him to take the job. Because he loves and cares so much about the kids he took the job. I will say this, HC might not win a game in the next few years but I can know this, those kids will become better men after playing under coach Creech
bear claw Wrote:Listen to all you people outside of Harlan County that have no clue what is going on here. Coach Creech had nothing to do with Coach Larkey's firing. No, Creech is just a man of GOD that cares dearly about the kids of Harlan County that took the job because the players beat his door down at school wanting him to take the job. Because he loves and cares so much about the kids he took the job. I will say this, HC might not win a game in the next few years but I can know this, those kids will become better men after playing under coach Creech

Thanks for clearing that up. I know all those outside HC was real worried about it Confusednicker:
well they talk about it so much it sure does seem like they're worried about it.

Since you seem to hate harlancounty so much, why don't you just stay away from there threads.
Bear Nut Wrote:well they talk about it so much it sure does seem like they're worried about it.

Since you seem to hate harlancounty so much, why don't you just stay away from there threads.

I cant. Ive tried. Its just to good to pass up on.
Go back about 4 and 5 years and look at the hell I got on here as the lone Whitley fan.
Trust me on this one brother. I will never let up on Harlan or Perry.
Now that you've run your coach off and he went to Perry of all places, I might just have my best and funnest year ever on BGR.

We shall see.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Looks like the first order of business after hiring Creech was buying out the Johnson Central and Belfry games.

Pretty poor form on someone's account at Harlan County. Now those two schools who have desperately tried to build a competitive schedule are left high and dry. Wouldn't think you would want to burn bridges with arguably the two best programs in EKY.

Here is the first post of it, that I can find.

Who gave you the info?
Paul Crewe Wrote:Here is the first post of it, that I can find.

Who gave you the info?
The info came from the Belfry 2015 thread and people just went nuts once it was brought over here without knowing the facts..
I don't understand the throwing of Johnson Central in every time someone claims a state power. Don't get me wrong, I like JC and all, but hell, some of those fans think they've won 20 state titles when they haven't even been good for a decade yet.
Best hire ive seen in a decade.
Emmit Brown Wrote:JC and Harlan County signed a 4 year deal after the 2012 season. Still two years remaining.
I dont have a dog in the fight but there is no such thing as a "four year contract." 2 years is the most that can be signed at one time. There may be a gentleman's agreement for some kind of longer deal but 2 years is the most; look it up. There are several reasons for this but the main one is reclassification and redistricting. Four years is a long time. Districts change (as HC's did this year) and enrollments can easily change enough to reclassify during a FOUR year period.

Also, if a 2 year deal has been fullfilled by both parties, there is absolutely nothing wrong with scheduling new opponents, given that they arent district opponents.

And, in some situations, breaking contracts can unfortunately be a necessity. That is the reason forfeit fees are always attached. It can be a good thing for both teams. If Team A has already played year one of a 2 year deal at team B's home, then all that happens is Team A is giving up a home game and this situation allows Team B to schedule another home game with a different opponent, which is a great financial winfall.
Coach will do fine. Good luck BEARS