Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan County hires Eddie Creech
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Good hire in my opinion.
Who applied?
No one applied. With no administration support which seasoned coach would take it. I mean they just fired a hall of fame coach and replaced him with a guy that quit on the team during the middle of the year last year. According to some of their fans though it will all be ok. You just handed the keys to the program to a 20 something coach, that quit, that has no head coach experience. Good luck with that.
johnnyd Wrote:No one applied. With no administration support which seasoned coach would take it. I mean they just fired a hall of fame coach and replaced him with a guy that quit on the team during the middle of the year last year. According to some of their fans though it will all be ok. You just handed the keys to the program to a 20 something coach, that quit, that has no head coach experience. Good luck with that.
Just because you dont know the man and the assistants that will be on staff doesnt mean it was a mistake or bad hire. But thanks for your concern.
Demarcus ware Wrote:Just because you dont know the man and the assistants that will be on staff doesnt mean it was a mistake or bad hire. But thanks for your concern.

What makes you think I don't know the man? What makes you think I don't know who most of his assistants will be? You lost Larkey and Canady. Your telling me that subtracting those two will make you better? Why don't you explain why he quit during the middle of last season since you know it all? How can he jump all over a kid for quitting now?
He's not some 5th grade championship coach is he? Does he teach? Does he have playing experience? College? What makes him better than Larkey?
johnnyd Wrote:What makes you think I don't know the man? What makes you think I don't know who most of his assistants will be? You lost Larkey and Canady. Your telling me that subtracting those two will make you better? Why don't you explain why he quit during the middle of last season since you know it all? How can he jump all over a kid for quitting now?
First of all nobody knows why he quit. Do you? No you dont. How do you know he wont be a good coach and have success? Get off run left larkeys jock long enough to give the man a chance. If you dont want to support the team then dont im sure nobody really cares. everyone wants to compare him to ole' run left but as far as everyone can tell ole run left wasnt fired for this guy. Do you know why run left was fired? Nope we dont. But heres the thing I bet back in the day someone was saying who is this larkey guy. Everyone starts somewhere, might as well see what the man can do. Ole run left is gone. Get over it.
Gosh. Where is David Hensley
johnnyd Wrote:What makes you think I don't know the man? What makes you think I don't know who most of his assistants will be? You lost Larkey and Canady. Your telling me that subtracting those two will make you better? Why don't you explain why he quit during the middle of last season since you know it all? How can he jump all over a kid for quitting now?

No one is arguing your ignorance johnnyd. And no one is trying to tell you that subtracting Larkey and Canady will make us better. What we have done, in the midst of an impossible politically motivated situation, is TRY and go forward with a new hire. Oh, and I don't know why he quit mid season; I do think that is a valid question. However, quitting or not quitting, Eddie Creech would never "jump all over a kid for quitting".

Real Badman Wrote:He's not some 5th grade championship coach is he? Does he teach? Does he have playing experience? College? What makes him better than Larkey?

He is not a 5th grade coach and was an assistant to Larkey until mid season 2014. He is a teacher at HC and does having playing experience. Not sure about college, but was 2003 QB at Cumberland the year they won the region. Nobody said he was better than Larkey.

I wish some of you would lay the hell off. Parents, students and fans are trying to make the best out of a horrible situation and try to divert negative attention away from the football players. After all is said and done, THEY are the ones making the sacrifice and playing game. We should not ALL be held responsible for a very few politically motivated minions.
Granny Bear Wrote:He is not a 5th grade coach and was an assistant to Larkey until mid season 2014. He is a teacher at HC and does having playing experience. Not sure about college, but was 2003 QB at Cumberland the year they won the region. Nobody said he was better than Larkey.

I'm just glad they didn't hand it over to the pee wee coach of the year. Too many times have I seen that go down hill. I'm sure if he gets the help he needs the talent level will be back in no time.
Demarcus ware Wrote:First of all nobody knows why he quit. Do you? No you dont. How do you know he wont be a good coach and have success? Get off run left larkeys jock long enough to give the man a chance. If you dont want to support the team then dont im sure nobody really cares. everyone wants to compare him to ole' run left but as far as everyone can tell ole run left wasnt fired for this guy. Do you know why run left was fired? Nope we dont. But heres the thing I bet back in the day someone was saying who is this larkey guy. Everyone starts somewhere, might as well see what the man can do. Ole run left is gone. Get over it.

Best of luck to everyone in Harlan County. Only time will tell how successful this will be. Maybe we will revisit this in the future.
[quote=Granny Bear]No one is arguing your ignorance johnnyd. And no one is trying to tell you that subtracting Larkey and Canady will make us better. What we have done, in the midst of an impossible politically motivated situation, is TRY and go forward with a new hire. Oh, and I don't know why he quit mid season; I do think that is a valid question. However, quitting or not quitting, Eddie Creech would never "jump all over a kid for quitting".

I'm just saying its not the best first impression. Why call me ignorant? Some of your followers here want to throw a good man (Larkey) under the bus, while you are not in that group I applaud your efforts to try to move forward.
As long as he knows the forward pass is a legal play, it will be an improvement.
You know, I read something on facebook the other day about football. This guy said that there are only 3 outcomes in a passing play, and 2 of them are bad. I never thought about that before.

Anyway, Eddie was a QB in high school, so I'm guessing he knows about a forward pass.
Granny Bear Wrote:You know, I read something on facebook the other day about football. This guy said that there are only 3 outcomes in a passing play, and 2 of them are bad. I never thought about that before.

Anyway, Eddie was a QB in high school, so I'm guessing he knows about a forward pass.

Confusednicker:

Get with the program. You've really never heard that before?!?!?!
However, Woody Hayes or whoever said it first was wrong.

There are much more than 2 things that can go wrong when you throw the football. MUCH more.
That's why you practice and do the one good thing that can happen.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Confusednicker:

Get with the program. You've really never heard that before?!?!?!
However, Woody Hayes or whoever said it first was wrong.

There are much more than 2 things that can go wrong when you throw the football. MUCH more.
That's why you practice and do the one good thing that can happen.

No, I haven't heard it before I read it on facebook the other day. AND, it's true!! Not MUCH more...just 3.

Pass incomplete, pass intercepted, pass completed!
Smile
^ sack is also possible.
sack = incomplete pass!

Try again!!

Wink
Pass interference
:popcorn: and....
Granny Bear Wrote:No, I haven't heard it before I read it on facebook the other day. AND, it's true!! Not MUCH more...just 3.

Pass incomplete, pass intercepted, pass completed!
Smile

Pass or Run there are the same amount of outcomes...
Eddie Creech....pretty good QB back in the day at Cumberland. I have a feelin he is going to open it up and throw it around some. Just like someone said earlier in a post. The legend coaches of Eastern Ky had to start somewhere. I believe Eddie will be fine if he surrounds himself with the right people. Congrats Mr. Creech. Best of luck to you and the Black Bears this season.
Granny Bear Wrote:sack = incomplete pass!

Try again!!

Wink
Confusednicker:
According to KHSAA stats when he was the off cord for the first 7 games until he quit the day befor the Whitley game his passing stats weren't to spectacular. Only threw it 51 times in 7 game and on avg 42 yards a game and 3 tds in 7 games. In the game vs Knox we had 0 yards passing.

Coach larkey took over after Creech quit and threw for 206 yard and averaged 51 yards per game.

Creech knows why he quit and IMO doesn't owe anyone an explanation to why he quit on the team.
Granny Bear Wrote:Not sure about college, but was 2003 QB at Cumberland the year they won the region. Nobody said he was better than Larkey.

No disrespect Granny but Lynn Camp won the Region in 2003. Eddie was the starting QB at Cumberland from 2000-2002. They lost in the first round to Paintsville during each of those 3 years by an average score of 57-14. As a first year coach there will be kinks that has to get worked out but the main thing is everyone needs to rally around the program again. What's done is done, some may like it some may not, but it is time to move on and wish Coach Creech the best.
DALE Wrote:No disrespect Granny but Lynn Camp won the Region in 2003. Eddie was the starting QB at Cumberland from 2000-2002. They lost in the first round to Paintsville during each of those 3 years by an average score of 57-14. As a first year coach there will be kinks that has to get worked out but the main thing is everyone needs to rally around the program again. What's done is done, some may like it some may not, but it is time to move on and wish Coach Creech the best.

Was about to post the same thing. I played against Creech those three years in high school while at Paintsville. Picked him off twice when I was a senior. Good QB in EKY and there was mention of him possibly being recruited to UK along with Jamal Battle who played WR then for Cumberland. If the offense is anything like the one he played in under Viccini, I look for them to sling it around MUCH more. Good luck to the Black Bears moving forward.
So does anybody know who any of his assistants/def. coordinator are gonna be?
Getting Jon Reynolds back on the staff would be a good start for Creech.
Pages: 1 2 3 4