Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCreary Central pulls out of District.
Great move.
Don't really understand the move. I really don't understand anytime a team drops out of district play. Your telling me that that the 6 games that they could schedule as non district games, isn't enough to build a program. Jackson County has historically struggled so that's 7 games that they could win and or be competitive in. Id say Jackson Co would be on their schedule anyways since they dropped out. What if they beat Jackson and would have made the playoffs? So three games you say you cannot win makes you make the decision to drop out of district? How did they gain anything by dropping out?
Bear booster Wrote:Maybe you and Run it gut should go here and show how great you all are at coaching. should be state champs after 8 yrs.

For those who don't know what is being said, it refers to what both have said regarding coaching and how ALL teams should win the state title by end of 10yrs or fire the coach.

:dontthink

When are you ever going to learn???:biglmao:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
johnnyd Wrote:Don't really understand the move. I really don't understand anytime a team drops out of district play. Your telling me that that the 6 games that they could schedule as non district games, isn't enough to build a program. Jackson County has historically struggled so that's 7 games that they could win and or be competitive in. Id say Jackson Co would be on their schedule anyways since they dropped out. What if they beat Jackson and would have made the playoffs? So three games you say you cannot win makes you make the decision to drop out of district? How did they gain anything by dropping out?

I agree, don't see anything they have gained. I guess I have blinders on, all I see is the Juniors and Seniors on this team will not have a chance to play in playoffs. I don't care who they hire as Coach until the Administration we have now is gone, football will be an after thought. I hope we have a change soon and the new people in charge get's behind football and supports it to the max. Then and only then will the changes take place in the program. Our kids deserve nothing less.
I can completely understand why they did this, but what I don't understand is why the parents and people of McCreary Co allow the school administrators to get away with not standing behind their football program.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
johnnyd Wrote:Don't really understand the move. I really don't understand anytime a team drops out of district play. Your telling me that that the 6 games that they could schedule as non district games, isn't enough to build a program. Jackson County has historically struggled so that's 7 games that they could win and or be competitive in. Id say Jackson Co would be on their schedule anyways since they dropped out. What if they beat Jackson and would have made the playoffs? So three games you say you cannot win makes you make the decision to drop out of district? How did they gain anything by dropping out?

The thing is, there is a specific scheduling grid. Lets say McCreary wants to play Phelps week 6, well McCreary needs to reserve a spot for Corbin, and now Phelps doesn't have another week open. It's a catch 22 really. Unless you're on point with your scheduling. But it doesn't matter, they would just end up going to Knott or Breathitt and getting steamrolled.
Good luck to McCreary Central to get things straightened out. Couple of the districts just across the border in Tennessee have odd numbers, so I can see them playing Jellico and some teams that the Raiders can be successful against.

Not a slap at MC, but talking about players not getting a playoff experience is one of the things that's wrong with the current playoff format. Maybe I'm too old school, but it drives me nuts that the playoffs isn't something earned by actually having a good team as opposed being able to beat one team.
How about this? If the raiders go 1-9 or 2-8 the next two years is that reason to rejoin the district?

4-6
5-5

7-3
8-2
What will be the measuring stick?
Real Badman Wrote:The thing is, there is a specific scheduling grid. Lets say McCreary wants to play Phelps week 6, well McCreary needs to reserve a spot for Corbin, and now Phelps doesn't have another week open. It's a catch 22 really. Unless you're on point with your scheduling. But it doesn't matter, they would just end up going to Knott or Breathitt and getting steamrolled.

Look they can litterly play anyone they want. I think they could find some games they could win.
When you're in district play, you are mandated to play Jackson, Casey, Bell, and Corbin. On specific dates. Every district follows the scheduling grid. Some teams may not have the same dates open. So no, you can't actually schedule who you want. Dropping out of district means they are going to pick up 4 new games + the 6 existing ones.
Cardfan1 Wrote:How about this? If the raiders go 1-9 or 2-8 the next two years is that reason to rejoin the district?

4-6
5-5

7-3
8-2
What will be the measuring stick?

I don't know if there is a magic number. Last time McCreary dropped out of District. Records were as followed:

2003 2-8 George Hatcher
2004 1-9 Jack Aurthur
2005 3-7 Jack Aurthur
2006 5-5 Clinton Gay

In 2007 they got back in District. Qualified for the Play-offs 3 straight years.
Good Luck to them in the future.
Real Badman Wrote:When you're in district play, you are mandated to play Jackson, Casey, Bell, and Corbin. On specific dates. Every district follows the scheduling grid. Some teams may not have the same dates open. So no, you can't actually schedule who you want. Dropping out of district means they are going to pick up 4 new games + the 6 existing ones.

I would think they would keep Casey Co. and Jackson Co. in same slot as they had them. Drop Corbin and Bell. This will create a problem for Corbin and Bell finding someone to play.
I think pros and cons exist in any decision. Who knows ?? Hope it all works out for the players.
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:I don't know if there is a magic number. Last time McCreary dropped out of District. Records were as followed:

2003 2-8 George Hatcher
2004 1-9 Jack Aurthur
2005 3-7 Jack Aurthur
2006 5-5 Clinton Gay

In 2007 they got back in District. Qualified for the Play-offs 3 straight years.

Where did Arthur ever end up? I know his wife taught at Whitley while he was coaching at MC.

On a side not, didn't dropping out of district help Grant County pretty good, or at least seem that it did?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Where did Arthur ever end up? I know his wife taught at Whitley while he was coaching at MC.

On a side not, didn't dropping out of district help Grant County pretty good, or at least seem that it did?

Helped them so much they dropped again For the next two seasons.

Seems like a pattern
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Where did Arthur ever end up? I know his wife taught at Whitley while he was coaching at MC.

Never heard of Aurthur before he came to McCreary, have not heard of him since he left.
They need to schedule Whitley, Clinton Co, Berea, Phelps and a few other bottom feeders and fire the AD Robert Jones. Case closed.
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:I don't know if there is a magic number. Last time McCreary dropped out of District. Records were as followed:

2003 2-8 George Hatcher
2004 1-9 Jack Aurthur
2005 3-7 Jack Aurthur
2006 5-5 Clinton Gay

Jack Arthur was coach in 2006 when we went 5-5 not gay.
Banker's Bank Wrote:Jack Arthur was coach in 2006 when we went 5-5 not gay.

You are wrong Aurthur stayed 2 years at McCreary 2004 and 2005. Gay was there in 2006. I had a kid who played then, I know.
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:You are wrong Aurthur stayed 2 years at McCreary 2004 and 2005. Gay was there in 2006. I had a kid who played then, I know.

Sportsfanatic is right. I think I would know.:Clap::Clap:
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:I would think they would keep Casey Co. and Jackson Co. in same slot as they had them. Drop Corbin and Bell. This will create a problem for Corbin and Bell finding someone to play.

Here's wat I don't understand. Trading the opportunity to play in the playoffs for 2 games. If they plan on keeping Casey and Jackson then might as well stay in. How sick will they be if they beat those two and could have been a 3 maybe had a chance for a playoff win.

I didn't realize every so often they drop out, you can't build a program when kids never know if they can compete for the big prize.

Where has this worked? Gut mentioned grant but they are back out now . Where has a team dropped and then became competitive after taking that break?
panther nation Wrote:I can completely understand why they did this, but what I don't understand is why the parents and people of McCreary Co allow the school administrators to get away with not standing behind their football program.

Panther Nation speaks from experience. Knox Central was just as bad until parents and fans said enough is enough and turned up the heat on those who made decisions.

The purpose of dropping from district is to schedule winnable games to build excitement around the program. If you do this without a plan, without making changes, you could do more harm than good.
Based on what I've seen, they're not beating Casey or Jackson for a while.
At Knox we started with a group of kids in youth football and middle school and got involved top to bottom. The key is not to forget about those kids behind the groups we started with. We built from there and never stopped working. I am not saying we are the best at anything, we do compete with most everyone now and have come a long way and have a long way to go. It never takes care of itself. I hope they work hard at whatever plan they have.
Stumpjumper Wrote:Panther Nation speaks from experience. Knox Central was just as bad until parents and fans said enough is enough and turned up the heat on those who made decisions.

The purpose of dropping from district is to schedule winnable games to build excitement around the program. If you do this without a plan, without making changes, you could do more harm than good.

You R right , admin is a joke, they hired a hc who is a good man but does not have exp. then he picks up two middle school coaches with no hs exp. and Payne who gets recycled every two years or so , I didnt see him last yr. though it will be more of the same next year just not as big a blow outs. until supt, principal and ad get on same page there is no hope for football in mc but principal makes bad choices for HC's I dont understand why she hired coach Galloway he need to be a position coach not a hc . But we r stuck with him and his middle school coaches. principal is the boss it is her failing and she trying to correct it by not playing in district.
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:You are wrong Aurthur stayed 2 years at McCreary 2004 and 2005. Gay was there in 2006. I had a kid who played then, I know.

U probably right gay came back in 2006 when watts and Roark ,the best players we ever had,watts all state player of the year were freshmen and he knew we would have the best talent overall we ever had with very weak schedules. That group was good in middle school. Then he left again when talent dropped off. surprised he does not try to get back on board with Galloway now that we have some okay players and terrible schedule.
Banker's Bank Wrote:U probably right gay came back in 2006 when watts and Roark ,the best players we ever had,watts all state player of the year were freshmen and he knew we would have the best talent overall we ever had with very weak schedules. That group was good in middle school. Then he left again when talent dropped off. surprised he does not try to get back on board with Galloway now that we have some okay players and terrible schedule.

No I'm not probably right> I am right. I went back and looked up your post all you have done is put down Coach Gay and McCreary Central Football since you started posting on here. You spout incorrect things and report things that are not true. I don't know what your problem is with everyone who Coaches Football at Central, you have put most down at one time or the other. You think McCreary Basketball is King. They won one game last year and you had nothing bad to say. Got to be a Rob Jones person. I myself just want football to be the best it can be.
I hate to see any team bow out of a district. Hopefully, they can find some middle ground, and those in the administration make the right call for the future of the football program here. Good luck to those football fans/coach's/players/parents/administration at McCreary Central, hope the future holds bright Friday night lights for your school! Keep the faith, this can be turned around and made positive!!
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:No I'm not probably right> I am right. I went back and looked up your post all you have done is put down Coach Gay and McCreary Central Football since you started posting on here. You spout incorrect things and report things that are not true. I don't know what your problem is with everyone who Coaches Football at Central, you have put most down at one time or the other. You think McCreary Basketball is King. They won one game last year and you had nothing bad to say. Got to be a Rob Jones person. I myself just want football to be the best it can be.

U expect me to say something good about football coaches? Okay,they are okay people but have no exp. we have lost almost 30 game in a row . our best class was 19-24 with no playoff wins with the best talent we have ever had . that group was 11-0 in middle school my kid played anywhere else they are playing for a region there jr. And sr. Year but now we get to watch our boys play the weakest 1a teams in the state and that is supposed to save our program? We Ben there done that it did not help . best coach we had was Bozeman and he got run off. we need coaches who know what they are doing like a corbin or bell co. Coach why we never get someone like that a big name ? No we get no name's with no h.s. Or college exp.
I have watched this thing since the beginning in 30 year, one winning season , no playoff wins, zero, 1 winning season in 30 year