Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCreary Central pulls out of District.
Thoughts .
Good move for now. Somebody that knows what theyre doing needs to come in and the administration needs to let him do whatever he wants and do whatever it takes to get kids out to play.
Had to do it. The only other choice would have been to disband the program and sell the equipment.
What district were they scheduled to be in?
Bell Co., Corbin, Casey County and Jackson Co.
Well they could have played with Casey and Jackson. But this is a good move. Schedule Jenkins, Phelps, East Carter, and some other low level competition. This playing Letcher Central, Leslie County, and Estill County is just unnecessary.
Real Badman Wrote:Well they could have played with Casey and Jackson. But this is a good move. Schedule Jenkins, Phelps, East Carter, and some other low level competition. This playing Letcher Central, Leslie County, and Estill County is just unnecessary.

So how long according to you should it take McCreary to win the state championship mr so called genius?

How can you call this a good move when they aren't playing for a dist championship like you said.

They ain't playing for anything

maybe you should fire someone.
Bear booster Wrote:So how long according to you should it take McCreary to win the state championship mr so called genius?

How can you call this a good move when they aren't playing for a dist championship like you said.

I beg your pardon? I don't understand what you're getting at.
Bear booster Wrote:So how long according to you should it take McCreary to win the state championship mr so called genius?

Hahahaha. I think you replied to the wrong person. Yet this is more funny. :hilarious: sorry this was so funny I had to come back and laugh again :hilarious: The one you are after booster is on up the page.
As for the move, I think this was a good move regardless.
I think they could have competed with Casey and Jackson giving the kids a chance to play in the Play-offs. That would have left 6 games to schedule Teams on their level. Giving them 8 games with teams they could have competed with. With the pulling out process, kids that are Jr's and Sr's will not get a chance to play in play-offs. Hope everyone get's behind the program and this will help in the future.
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:I think they could have competed with Casey and Jackson giving the kids a chance to play in the Play-offs. That would have left 6 games to schedule Teams on their level. Giving them 8 games with teams they could have competed with. With the pulling out process, kids that are Jr's and Sr's will not get a chance to play in play-offs. Hope everyone get's behind the program and this will help in the future.

Aren't they out for the entire realignment ?
So the next group of kids that will get to play in a playoff game will be playing in the 8th grade.

the last two 8th grade classes beat Bell. They would cross district with a weak district with only one traditional power in Breathitt and it has been well advertised their program is a shell of its former self.

7-8 winnable games every year. Isn't that what we all have? :HitWall:
Cardfan1 Wrote:Aren't they out for the entire realignment ?
So the next group of kids that will get to play in a playoff game will be playing in the 8th grade.

the last two 8th grade classes beat Bell. They would cross district with a weak district with only one traditional power in Breathitt and it has been well advertised their program is a shell of its former self.

7-8 winnable games every year. Isn't that what we all have? :HitWall:

2 year hiatus.
Estill County has replaced McCreary Central with Berea for the next two years...
Demarcus ware Wrote:As for the move, I think this was a good move regardless.

Maybe you and Run it gut should go here and show how great you all are at coaching. should be state champs after 8 yrs.

For those who don't know what is being said, it refers to what both have said regarding coaching and how ALL teams should win the state title by end of 10yrs or fire the coach.
I thought High school sports was to teach about life lessons. The only thing this teaches is when things gets tough QUIT
insideinfo Wrote:I thought High school sports was to teach about life lessons. The only thing this teaches is when things gets tough QUIT

Not a kid that played for McCreary Central last season is a quitter. They played their hearts out in every game.
I think he's talking about those who made the decision.
This move has basically saved several programs I can remember that were pretty much on life support. I think it's a great move here.
Bear booster Wrote:Maybe you and Run it gut should go here and show how great you all are at coaching. should be state champs after 8 yrs.

For those who don't know what is being said, it refers to what both have said regarding coaching and how ALL teams should win the state title by end of 10yrs or fire the coach.

:biglmao:

You cant even quote the right person youre so upset :thatsfunn

And yes, if somebody comes in, it should take them no longer than 5 years to start competing for a district title. Theres as many kids in MC as there is in Bell and Corbin.

And :hilarious:
Real Badman Wrote:Well they could have played with Casey and Jackson. But this is a good move. Schedule Jenkins, Phelps, East Carter, and some other low level competition. This playing Letcher Central, Leslie County, and Estill County is just unnecessary.

none of the teams you listed are powerhouses.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote::biglmao:

And yes, if somebody comes in, it should take them no longer than 5 years to start competing for a district title. Theres as many kids in MC as there is in Bell and Corbin.

:thatsfunn
RunItUpTheGut Wrote::biglmao:

Confusednicker: booster mad
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:Not a kid that played for McCreary Central last season is a quitter. They played their hearts out in every game.

I would never blame this mess on a kid. IMO the only thing it takes to have a successful program is a quality coach and a Adminastration that will support him. If you don't have both you can never be successful.
insideinfo Wrote:I would never blame this mess on a kid. IMO the only thing it takes to have a successful program is a quality coach and a Adminastration that will support him. If you don't have both you can never be successful.

exactly right.
pjdoug Wrote:none of the teams you listed are powerhouses.

I never claimed those teams were powerhouses. They're a light year ahead of McCreary right now. That was the point.
insideinfo Wrote:I thought High school sports was to teach about life lessons. The only thing this teaches is when things gets tough QUIT

MC will still have a team and schedule in the coming years, so they aren't "quitting." They're merely developing more realistic goals.

And along those same lines, if a few of those 6'2" 280-pounders down there would trade in that round ball for one a bit more oblong, they might have something.
Cardfan1 Wrote:I think he's talking about those who made the decision.

That being the case I would have to agree. As an outsider looking in, it has never seemed like the Administration in McCreary wants Football. I have never understood why??

Yes it is about teaching life lessons and I disagree they are not quitting just not playing in the district. the life lesson is this teach the kids to be realistic and smart about where you are in life and to make a plan and build toward an obtainable goal.

Success is different for everyone and district regional or state championships doesn't define everyone. Maybe just having a football team in the midst of controversy is enough !?!
Scheduling will be key for this to be the right move. Wish them the very best.