Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covington Catholic Vs. Johnson Central
cats eye Wrote:You can't base everthing on tradition. I mean traditionaly Pikeville beats Hazard. But Hazard looked right past their tradition to put them out of the playoffs. HAHA! Laugh. That was just a joke and i couldn't resist.

Take my word for it, tradition is only a small part of CC's success. They are a real football team and JC will have to play their best to beat them. But JC can do it if they all give 110% to it. CC will have wathced every JC tape they have and Grimm will have to find a way to get it done, instead of letting CC shut him down like Ashland did. Grimm is too good to be shut down and JC has too many weapons to allow CC to key on Grimm. JC just has to use them the right way and do whatever it takes. And JC's Defense will have to step up big!!
EKY Sportster Wrote:Take my word for it, tradition is only a small part of CC's success. They are a real football team and JC will have to play their best to beat them. But JC can do it if they all give 110% to it. CC will have wathced every JC tape they have and Grimm will have to find a way to get it done, instead of letting CC shut him down like Ashland did. Grimm is too good to be shut down and JC has too many weapons to allow CC to key on Grimm. JC just has to use them the right way and do whatever it takes. And JC's Defense will have to step up big!!

Couldn't have said it better myself!
I can't wait for friday night! I just want to see these teams line up and play! Let's get it on and let's get physical, and let's just see who the better team is. That is the only way to settle it. All this talk means nothing! CCH is good and JCHS is good! It is a title bout in my mind. Whoever is standing in the end will win. Knock down drag out kaddi bar the door bru haha....MY FAVORITE
OK2NV Wrote:I can't wait for friday night! I just want to see these teams line up and play! Let's get it on and let's get physical, and let's just see who the better team is. That is the only way to settle it. All this talk means nothing! CCH is good and JCHS is good! It is a title bout in my mind. Whoever is standing in the end will win. Knock down drag out kaddi bar the door bru haha....MY FAVORITE

AGREED! Who dosen't love a game like that? I certainly hope it turns out to be this way! Nothing better than teams out there battling to advance...It's do or die now! No looking back once you step on the field... Go hard or go home! Hopefully JC will send CC packin after the final quarter is over!
Panther#42 Wrote:Ah I don't think RC was a higher caliber team than JC by any means.... Sure Rock has a better tradition than JC, but this year they were just about even from what I could tell before the game, CC is deff. higher caliber than both RC and JC, but I do think JC can play with them if they keep the intensity

I wasn't say that RC was a better caliber team than JC. I was saying that RC was a better caliber team than what JC had faced this year. BUT, after watching the game the other night. I agree with what someone posted earlier, that Ashland may have been able to beat RC this year. Can not wait till friday night! should be a "SLOBBER KNOCKER"! Good Luck Eagles! :redboxer:
Panther#42 Wrote:Ah I don't think RC was a higher caliber team than JC by any means.... Sure Rock has a better tradition than JC, but this year they were just about even from what I could tell before the game, CC is deff. higher caliber than both RC and JC, but I do think JC can play with them if they keep the intensity

I wasn't say that RC was a better caliber team than JC. I was saying that RC was a better caliber team than what JC had faced this year. BUT, after watching the game the other night. I agree with what someone posted earlier, that Ashland may have been able to beat RC this year. Can not wait till friday night! should be a "SLOBBER KNOCKER"! Good Luck Eagles! :redboxer:
EKY Sportster Wrote:For all of the CC fans out there, or for those so sure the JC will lose, why don't you put your bets down???? Those 2/1 odds should look pretty good to you!!

I did:1:
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
I am rooting for the eagles, but it will be a tough one. Field conditions could play into the outcome of the game. Last week the field was really slick.
If anyone is interested in stats on covcath you can go to http://www.covcath.org and go to athletics on the left hand side and go to football they have stats for team and every player.Looks like theyre QB can be very dangerous
Tradition!! Tradition!! Bull Snap!! Sure CC has won 5 state 3a champions but there last one was in 97 under Lynn Ray, which who retired in 2004. JC has been a 3a team for I think 2 maybe 3 years and in the the state semi's. Plus Jc went 10-0 as a 4a team in 2000. But it is much harder to reach the playoffs in 4a then in 3a imo. IMO if central would have been a 3a school in the Musick era they would have a tradition also. Anyways here is my perdicition.

JC- 28
CC-14

See you in Louisville EAGLES!!!!
I can tell you from experience that Cov Cath was the 2nd best team in 3A last year. I've seen JC play this year and have been a supporter all year. This is the first game that I think they are an underdog all year although it is a slight underdog. JC can win this game as most great teams have a shot in a 1 game series. My feeling is that if JC can get up early then they have a shot. If they get down by more than 1 score then I'd say it's all she wrote. Cov Cath is fast and physical as is JC. Cov Cath is very balanced where I think JC is run it but pass if they have too. I'll take Cov Cath by 10 or so.
mike9345 Wrote:Tradition!! Tradition!! Bull Snap!! Sure CC has won 5 state 3a champions but there last one was in 97 under Lynn Ray, which who retired in 2004. JC has been a 3a team for I think 2 maybe 3 years and in the the state semi's. Plus Jc went 10-0 as a 4a team in 2000. But it is much harder to reach the playoffs in 4a then in 3a imo. IMO if central would have been a 3a school in the Musick era they would have a tradition also. Anyways here is my perdicition.

JC- 28
CC-14

See you in Louisville EAGLES!!!!

JC was 3A in the past before going back to 4A if I recall and only in the past couple of years started winning in the playoffs so I don't think they would have that tradition and they surely wouldn't have the same tradition that CC has with the titles. That being said JC can win just as any other team can on any given Friday night. I will be cheering and praying that they do pull it off for multiple reasons, and I'll rest for now.
bulldog42 Wrote:I can tell you from experience that Cov Cath was the 2nd best team in 3A last year. I've seen JC play this year and have been a supporter all year. This is the first game that I think they are an underdog all year although it is a slight underdog. JC can win this game as most great teams have a shot in a 1 game series. My feeling is that if JC can get up early then they have a shot. If they get down by more than 1 score then I'd say it's all she wrote. Cov Cath is fast and physical as is JC. Cov Cath is very balanced where I think JC is run it but pass if they have too. I'll take Cov Cath by 10 or so.

Thought you had left us hadn't heard anything from you in awhile.
Big- D Wrote:If anyone is interested in stats on covcath you can go to www.covcath.org and go to athletics on the left hand side and go to football they have stats for team and every player.Looks like theyre QB can be very dangerous

He's real good and they got some dangerous receivers.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Who is there starting Halfback? 26 or 40?
Its hard to say who the starter is they are both close in stats but if i was to guess i'd say that number 46 due to the number of carry's. but the other one has more yardage........hard to tell......
If I was JCHS, I would get thier PA man to download the song "We Ready" and play it as soon as Cov. Cath. gets to the field. Have the players there to greet em and with out saying a word, have them stand and stare with that song in the background. Just a thought!
JCHS will be ready, I am sure of that? This is a game that will come down to who is tougher? If you play in the semi-state than you belong there. Everyone is good at this point. JCHS believes they belong so it should be a game to remember! I hope everyone makes it out friday night, have a safe drive to everyone.
Sorry JC, this one is gonna be all Cov Cath, and in a big way........
OK2NV Wrote:JCHS will be ready, I am sure of that? This is a game that will come down to who is tougher? If you play in the semi-state than you belong there. Everyone is good at this point. JCHS believes they belong so it should be a game to remember! I hope everyone makes it out friday night, have a safe drive to everyone.

Ah I think the New Noise song by Refused would be better to play, just as the game is ready to kick off! I think everyone who has seen the movie, Friday Night Lights know this song.... It would be awesome!
Panther#42 Wrote:Ah I think the New Noise song by Refused would be better to play, just as the game is ready to kick off! I think everyone who has seen the movie, Friday Night Lights know this song.... It would be awesome!

Anyone that has been to the nest knows that JC needs no advise when it comes to the PA. They have individual music for several players when something happens during the game (for example when Blake Johnson has a good run they play "Long Black Train". They play music as soon as the play is over and keep it blasting until the snap (usually more when the other team has the ball... LOL). But the most impressive begins when the captains and Coach Matney leave the locker room and it continues until the team entrance. The tunnel, the fans, the smoke, the fireworks, the cannon, the smoke and the music are great. It is second to none.

Go Eagles, Be Loud and Be Proud, And Leave It All On The Field. Anyone got good driving directions to Papa John's Stadium. Hope to be there next Firday.
JC-28
CC-20:rockon:
Nice to see Louisa's Police Chief taking the cannon up for the JC playoff games. Just shows it's a East Ky team right now, but we do expect it back at Lawrence County next year.:letsparty
CatDawg Wrote:Nice to see Louisa's Police Chief taking the cannon up for the JC playoff games. Just shows it's a East Ky team right now, but we do expect it back at Lawrence County next year.:letsparty

Hey CD maybe we can work out a deal with the cannon, That thing is LOUD!!
I'm sure he wouldn't mind. Especially as long as Dials remains there.
My favorite part about JC's enterance was the pre-running through the tunnel deal. The bit from the movie Rudy(my favorite movie of all time) when the coach is telling the Irish players that no one comes into their house and pushes them around. This sent chills up my back last week, made me miss playing high school football even more. Anyway, I think JC will pull this one out...well I hope they do anyway. They are playing at home, a grass surface....and from what I've heard Cov. Cath has yet to play on grass this season. This may seem small, but playing a game on grass is different from turf. Might come in to factor. JC wins in a squeaker.

JC -21
CC - 17
[QUOTE=IRISH4]My favorite part about JC's enterance was the pre-running through the tunnel deal. The bit from the movie Rudy(my favorite movie of all time) when the coach is telling the Irish players that no one comes into their house and pushes them around. This sent chills up my back last week, made me miss playing high school football even more.

I agree with you on that one!! It sent chills up me 2 the first time we played them its a pretty sweet entrance! I wish ashland would get some smoke and fireworks when they run down the stairs at putnam!! It made me want to play so bad! I loved running down the stairs at putnam its an unbelievable feeling!!:rockon:
Man I'm pumped up for this game. I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight, lol, and that is coming from a rival, a Paintsville Tiger. GO EAGLES
Here is a couple good articles about Johnson Central and Coach Matney

www.dailyindependent.com/homepage/local_story_327003229.html

www.dailyindependent.com/homepage/local_story_327002333.html
Johnson Central