Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covington Catholic Vs. Johnson Central
I can't wait to watch this game.Johnson Central is playing their best ball of the year.I say JC will win by 10 pts. What do you guys think about my prediction? GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!! :1: :letsparty
im gonna go with jc by 14
CC has not won yet....
Yes, CC just turned it over and this game may not even happen.
Covington Cath won 56-49. So the game is back on. Post away.
well then i say JC by 7+
cards#6 Wrote:im gonna go with jc by 14
NO WAY!
Great year for JC, Congrats! Sorry I say Cov.Cath 42 Johnson Central 21
Cov.Cath by 21 points. :yikes: :argue: :yikes: Best of luck to JC, Matney has done a hell of a job, But Cov.Cath by 21 IMO.
JC suprised me how well they took care of Rockcastle. Now the focus turns to a team unlike JC has faced all year. I don't think anyone can deny that JC is for real, but everyone knows Cov Cath is for real. I'm going to have to go with JC beng at home. They really put on a show there that can be intimidating to anyone! Even the #1 team in 3A.

JC 35
CC 27
My points are on Johnson Central in an even match up!
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
Rootin' for JC....Keep it rolling eagles!
Hm from watching JC tonight, I don't think they'll have what it takes to beat CCHS and make it to state, I'll take CCHS by 14+
Though I am however for the Eagles in this match-up! Keep it rollin JC 13-0!
JC by a td
Hey you never know, gotta keep rootin for them eastern KY Boys!
crazed eagle Wrote:JC suprised me how well they took care of Rockcastle. Now the focus turns to a team unlike JC has faced all year. I don't think anyone can deny that JC is for real, but everyone knows Cov Cath is for real. I'm going to have to go with JC beng at home. They really put on a show there that can be intimidating to anyone! Even the #1 team in 3A.

JC 35
CC 27

Pulling for JC but you apparently aren't familiar with the history of Cov. Cath. to think that they'll be intimidated playing anywhere much less here in Eastern Kentucky. Cov. Cath. is unlike any team that JC has probably ever played.

Good luck and make it to state JC.
I really think that JC is the underdog and will have their hands full, but I think that IF they play their absolute best on both sides of the ball that they have a chance to pull it off. Cov Cath has to be somewhat overconfident coming down to Eastern Kentucky I would think? But they are a good football team, not intimidated, and will be ready to play.

As I have won several thousand points off of JC over the past few weeks, I feel that it is only fair to give some back!

JC by 3 in a close one!
CatDawg Wrote:Pulling for JC but you apparently aren't familiar with the history of Cov. Cath. to think that they'll be intimidated playing anywhere much less here in Eastern Kentucky. Cov. Cath. is unlike any team that JC has probably ever played.

Good luck and make it to state JC.

Central played Tim Couch and Leslie Co. about 11 years ago. Sacked Couch 4-5 times and had three interceptions. Leslie County won 12-6, I believe.

Probably not the same caliber team as Cov Cath, but Golden Beagle field can be a tough place to play.
JC-21
Cov Cath-17
Keep it goin jc!
jc-27-20
Hungarian_Barbarian Wrote:Central played Tim Couch and Leslie Co. about 11 years ago. Sacked Couch 4-5 times and had three interceptions. Leslie County won 12-6, I believe.

Probably not the same caliber team as Cov Cath, but Golden Beagle field can be a tough place to play.

I'm pulling for them to do 1st because they're from EKY, 2nd Dials Ex-Dawg, and 3rd I hate Northern Ky teams.

However Couch and Leslie Co. isn't Cov. Cath. and it is tough at JC but up until this year how tough has it really been? JC is totally in uncharted territory doesn't mean they won't win but this is all new. Hope they're enjoying the ride it's hard to get back to the semi's and will be even harder for JC moving up in class next year.
Cov- Cath is tgoing to be tough for JC. JC should be tough for Cov-Cath. So it could go either way. I'll be rooting for the eagles to go to state though.
I am seeing Johnson Central in A CLASSIC! JC-28 C.C.-26
JC by a Matney TD, year of the Eagle!
Well here we go....this is hard......GO EAGLES!!! ok i did it. whew. that was hard. good luck representing our district, and our region. You will be facing a nky team that has been tested against the best teams in the state. I simply hate cc. they put an end to 3 out of four of my seasons as a player. they are a team like no other that jc has played. they will hit you hard play after play, they will jam it down your throat. they will smother you into submission. I dont care how good you think you are, cc is out to prove you different. just keep your heads in the game.
at least you play them at home. going to there field is simply hell. good luck eagles make us proud.
Hungarian_Barbarian Wrote:Central played Tim Couch and Leslie Co. about 11 years ago. Sacked Couch 4-5 times and had three interceptions. Leslie County won 12-6, I believe.

Leslie lost that game and didn't make it to state!
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
Elm street Wrote:You will be facing a nky team that has been tested against the best teams in the state. I simply hate cc. they put an end to 3 out of four of my seasons as a player. they are a team like no other that jc has played. they will hit you hard play after play, they will jam it down your throat. they will smother you into submission. I dont care how good you think you are, cc is out to prove you different. just keep your heads in the game.
at least you play them at home. going to there field is simply hell. good luck eagles make us proud.

Good points! CC has been tested against some of KY's best, but they have failed terrible against some of the best teams from Cincy, but those Cincy teams are way out of JC's class too. JC just needs to know that CC is not Ashland and they are not Rockcastle County. They will come and play just like you said and they will have talent and speed much better than JC may expect. KEYS: BE PREPARED FOR THEM and NO LET DOWNS FOR 4 QUARTERS!! BUT with that said, I think that JC on their best night CAN beat them. CC is not invincible and they are not some giant that everyone should be afraid to play. Of note for JC is that CC allowed Lex Cath to score 49 points on them and almost beat them. Also, a trip to Lexington of 1-1 1/2 hours is the longest road trip Cov Cath has made all year. There entire season has taken place in the NKY area and they have not been on a long road trip of 3 1/2 hours, let alone a trip to the mountains of EKY. Let's hope that they are a little off center being so far out of their element and with the long bus ride. I think that they deserve a big ole welcome to EKY and face a determined JC team that for once can give EKY a chance to WIN one against NKY!!

GO EAGLES!!
This JC team after watching the ROCK game was just the best I've seen all year...I don't see anyone stopping them
JC- 29
CC- 12
CatDawg Wrote:However Couch and Leslie Co. isn't Cov. Cath.

That year Leslie County got beat in the state semi's, Leslie County was darn good, I would say that this years Cov Cath couldn't beat that years Leslie County.
Matney has been here before, just never turned out the way he wanted it to. He took a GREAT Sheldon Clark team to the state semi's in like 98' before getting pounced be Highlands (Jared Lorenzen, Derek Smith, etc.). Cov Cath doesn't have players of that calibur nor is their team that calibur, and I will go as far as saying that this years JC team is just as good or better than the 98' Sheldon Clark team. If JC comes out fired up ready to play and jumps on them early then keeps a good pace going, they will win this game.
Redneck Wrote:Matney has been here before, just never turned out the way he wanted it to. He took a GREAT Sheldon Clark team to the state semi's in like 98' before getting pounced be Highlands (Jared Lorenzen, Derek Smith, etc.). Cov Cath doesn't have players of that calibur nor is their team that calibur, and I will go as far as saying that this years JC team is just as good or better than the 98' Sheldon Clark team. If JC comes out fired up ready to play and jumps on them early then keeps a good pace going, they will win this game.

Well SC wasn't that great that year... Belfry should have waxed them like they did in the season game.. but they looked over SC...
What can you say about this game!! I believe this was the best JC has played this season. Good Luck against CCH

It was good to see a lot people from the other area schools (Prestonsburg, Paintsville, Lawrence Co., Sheldon Clark, Ashland and others) at the RC game, hope everyone comes back to watch this game it should be a good one.