Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covington Catholic Vs. Johnson Central
reddog Wrote:Look For Too Much Offense From Cov Cath. Cch By 14 Or More.

They must have a good offense to put up all those points. Its going to be interesting to see how they do against the best Deffense in ky. CC's D seems to be suspect though. And you know what they say. Its Defense that wins championships.
CatDawg Wrote:Pulling for JC but you apparently aren't familiar with the history of Cov. Cath. to think that they'll be intimidated playing anywhere much less here in Eastern Kentucky. Cov. Cath. is unlike any team that JC has probably ever played.

Good luck and make it to state JC.

I thought the same thing about Rockcastle but looked what happend to them!
:moon:
Hungarian_Barbarian Wrote:Central played Tim Couch and Leslie Co. about 11 years ago. Sacked Couch 4-5 times and had three interceptions. Leslie County won 12-6, I believe.

Probably not the same caliber team as Cov Cath, but Golden Beagle field can be a tough place to play.

:Thumbs:
It doesn't matter who each team has played...its about about Friday night and Cov Cath vs. Johnson Central!!!
cbls_75 Wrote:It doesn't matter who each team has played...its about about Friday night and Cov Cath vs. Johnson Central!!!

:thumpsup: Exactly! It is about which team executes the best, does what they need to do, and wants it more!!

You can through the records, reputations, history and tradition out the window Friday Night!!

IMO I think that it comes down to whether the JC Defense can stop CC? Or Plan B, can the JC Offense outscore CC?
For all of the CC fans out there, or for those so sure the JC will lose, why don't you put your bets down???? Those 2/1 odds should look pretty good to you!!
I think it's time for JC to call for a "Black Out"
i guess im just stupid but whats a "black out" lol
TOMCAT06 Wrote:i guess im just stupid but whats a "black out" lol

Come on man, surely you watched the UL/WVU game when ALL of Louisville's fans wore BLACK shirts, sweatshirts, pullovers etc, get it, "Black Out".
Prestonsburg tried to do that against Belfry and it worked for one half. It's going to take a lot more than that to stop this CC team. They are very fundamentally sound and 2 of the 3 losses they suffered came from teams nationally ranked(according to a link I found on this site). I hope JC can win, but they'll have to play flawless. IDK just yet on the outcome, but you can bet I'll be there early once again to cheer for JC. Win or lose, they have made everyone in Eastern Kentucky very proud.
I said earlier in the year that JC would not play the last game of this year on their field. Just one more win!:flame:
Does anyone know the type of offense CCH runs? Defense? Where are some of these predictions coming from?
JC wins aganist CC! See you at Papa Johns for the new State Champs "The Eagles"
I'm pulling all the way for JC for a few reason's the #one reason is for a good friend that use to be a Dawg but now he's a high flying golden eagle I would love to see this young man get that ring another reason is because JC is a mountian team and I all ways pull for are mountian team's and east ky and the last reason is Cov cath is a privite school I am one of those guys that think they should have thier own league . But it does make it that much better win a public school bets one of them just like Russell did last year. Good luck to Mr. Dials and the rest of the black and gold . GO EAGLES.
cov cath-38
jc-35
i hope the eagles win, but lets be real for a second cc plays better teams, jc is in uncharted waters and they arent used to being this deep in the playoffs. i hope matney will have them ready for the shock
OH, Coach will have them ready for CC! If JC comes out and plays with the intensity that they did against RC, it will be a VERY good game. YES, you are right. CC is a different caliber team than what JC is used to facing. BUT, so was RC and they looked up to the task this past Friday. Coach has these boys in the right frame of mind and that is one game at a time. Good luck Eagles!
crazed eagle Wrote:I thought the same thing about Rockcastle but looked what happend to them!
:moon:

Nothing saying that Rockcastle isn't comparable to Cov. Cath. this year but they're not even nearly in the same class in tradition and probably this year as well.
JC by 2 TDs:ChairHit:
#25 Wrote:JC by 2 TDs

Pretty confident in JC arent we?? lol
I'll go with the boys just down off 23.. I'll say JC 34-26
IRISH4 Wrote:It's going to take a lot more than that to stop this CC team.

DUHHHHH!!!!! Rolleyes

LOL, Just playin with ya IRISH...
JC by 1 td
its an awfull far trip from covington by bus, with the long ride and the cold air cov cath will be cramping and wore down....i myself have been in that same situation and let me tell you...its hard to loosen up after being on the bus that long....especially in the middle of november.........cov cath has not that much traveling experience so i will pull for the eagles in this one..........
JC-------28
CC-------24
good luck and shall the best team win
OffTheHook Wrote:OH, Coach will have them ready for CC! If JC comes out and plays with the intensity that they did against RC, it will be a VERY good game. YES, you are right. CC is a different caliber team than what JC is used to facing. BUT, so was RC and they looked up to the task this past Friday. Coach has these boys in the right frame of mind and that is one game at a time. Good luck Eagles!

Ah I don't think RC was a higher caliber team than JC by any means.... Sure Rock has a better tradition than JC, but this year they were just about even from what I could tell before the game, CC is deff. higher caliber than both RC and JC, but I do think JC can play with them if they keep the intensity
The trip won't bother them in their charter buses and with them they'll probably at least be in the Ashland area on Thursday. As for the cold both teams have to play in that and I would rather play in East Ky between the hills instead of on the Ohio River where its colder than a ------ well you know.
Panther#42 Wrote:Ah I don't think RC was a higher caliber team than JC by any means.... Sure Rock has a better tradition than JC, but this year they were just about even from what I could tell before the game, CC is deff. higher caliber than both RC and JC, but I do think JC can play with them if they keep the intensity

Your kidding right? JC and Rock was obviously not even. Let me ask you, what are you basing your opinion of CC on? Have you seen them play this year? Have you seen the Cinci teams that beat them play? Have you seen Highlands or Lexington Catholic play this year?
cats eye Wrote:Your kidding right? JC and Rock was obviously not even. Let me ask you, what are you basing your opinion of CC on? Have you seen them play this year? Have you seen the Cinci teams that beat them play? Have you seen Highlands or Lexington Catholic play this year?

Read my post closer before you say something, I said I thought they were BEFORE the game..After the game was a diff. story
No I haven't seen any of those teams play, im basing this on tradition and who they've beat, CC's schedule is ALOT harder than what JC's has been. That will give CC a big advantage
Panther#42 Wrote:Read my post closer before you say something, I said I thought they were BEFORE the game..After the game was a diff. story
No I haven't seen any of those teams play, im basing this on tradition and who they've beat, CC's schedule is ALOT harder than what JC's has been. That will give CC a big advantage

You can't base everthing on tradition. I mean traditionaly Pikeville beats Hazard. But Hazard looked right past their tradition to put them out of the playoffs. HAHA! Laugh. That was just a joke and i couldn't resist.
CatDawg Wrote:Nothing saying that Rockcastle isn't comparable to Cov. Cath. this year but they're not even nearly in the same class in tradition and probably this year as well.

I don't personally think that Rockcastle could have beaten Ashland this year. But the Eagles showed their dominance over RC. They will really have to step it up this week, but I think they can do it.