Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covington Catholic Vs. Johnson Central
I gotta go with Cov Cath they havent lost to a kentucky team this year....but go eagles!!
mrfootball03 Wrote:Well SC wasn't that great that year... Belfry should have waxed them like they did in the season game.. but they looked over SC...

You said it all right there pal, so maybe now people will quit all the crap about JC only beating Ashland by 7. You know how hard it is to beat a team twice in one year especially aftre you beat them fairly easy the first go around.
I think that JC really surprised everyone in the Rockcastle game. I really think that Rockcastle was more surprised than anyone. I know that a team comes into a game wanting to win, but I have to think that the Rockets thought this game would go the other way. That is because alot of people are referring to the Eagles as a cinderella team. I say , so what? The Eagles really put it to Dusty Miller and the Rockets. I think the boys will be aware of the team that will be coming into the nest. Matney will have the team ready(just like last night). Keep rollin' Eagles!!!
The Eagles are solidon both sides of the ball. Cov Cath has a great passing attack but,the gap's from last years Eagle secondary were filled. I'm looking for it to be close but, the home field atvantage will push the Eagles just over the Colonals. This Eagle team is in no way a reflexion on Matney's SC teams, everyone use to say he choked in big games. I didn't see any choke in him on the double reverse pass in the ashland game. What a call?
Johnson Central takes the win.
JC by 2 td's
JC-28
Cov Cath -21
Hope the eagles can pull this one off!
I think everyone in EKY is pullin for the Eagles in this one! I hope everyone shows up for this game to cheer them on to state!
When was the last time a 3A team from the mountains made it to state?
Jc 35-21
Jc-42
Cc-35
Panther Thunder Wrote:I gotta go with Cov Cath they havent lost to a kentucky team this year....but go eagles!!

NEITHER HAS JC!!
This will be a huge test for JC. They are strong and they are rollin but after a team wins a huge game like the one against Rock it is either the best time to catch 'em or the worst time to catch 'em. JC has to keep their focus now the can smell the blood in the water and the fear in the air and they cant let that get to the the focus is C.C not state and they will have to be super prepared on friday night. With that said i think the game will get ugly for one team.
you know, after looking at cc's last game, you have to wonder about there defense. jc should play duelling banjo's on there loudspeakers for the kick off. just to welcome the prep school city boys to "coal country"! I hope jc shoves it down there prissy throats. (If you cannot tell I am a bit bitter towards cc)
Coal Country....the Real CC
Elm street Wrote:jc should play duelling banjo's on there loudspeakers for the kick off. just to welcome the prep school city boys to "coal country"!

LOL, I like that, that's a good one. I'm all for it, I love me a lil "Duelin Banjo's".
Redneck Wrote:That year Leslie County got beat in the state semi's, Leslie County was darn good, I would say that this years Cov Cath couldn't beat that years Leslie County.

You can think that.
My prediction is Jc-21 Covington-14
Go Shawn,how 300 yrds this week! :1:
mrfootball03 Wrote:Well SC wasn't that great that year... Belfry should have waxed them like they did in the season game.. but they looked over SC...

It amazes me that Belfry fans are still mad about this loss. SC won that game up front. SC got beat badly in the season yes. But if you knew anything about that team you would know they were plagued by injury and didn't pull it together untill the playoffs. Also they threw a ton of interceptions the first game. The second game Matney kept it on the ground and just ran it right up the middle. And they still gave Highlands as good or better of a game than any team in the state.
Im going to go with JC in this one!
GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!
JC 35
CC 32
It will be a close game....i'm going with the east ky team and say JC by 1....
lpd826 Wrote:It will be a close game....i'm going with the east ky team and say JC by 1....
That sounds like me, in the reality of it I have no idea what to expect. Any team that beats Highlands twice has to be tough.
jc by 3
I think this game is unpredictable! I just think it will be a great one. I'll for sure be there this coming friday.
With Castaneda back and CovCath firing on all engines, they'll roll. They haven't lost to a Kentucky team this year, and they'll finish the year flawless in Kentucky
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
JC has everything plus more needed to beat any team. There isn't not one team in the state that cannot be beaten. I have never seen JC so focused and want something so bad as they do this state championship. They have heart, strength, faith, and desire. I believe their faith will keep them alive in Louisville. May God Bless you all and keep you well.

Panther#42 Wrote:Hm from watching JC tonight, I don't think they'll have what it takes to beat CCHS and make it to state, I'll take CCHS by 14+
Though I am however for the Eagles in this match-up! Keep it rollin JC 13-0!
Tough Turf Wrote:JC has everything plus more needed to beat any team. There isn't not one team in the state that cannot be beaten. I have never seen JC so focused and want something so bad as they do this state championship. They have heart, strength, faith, and desire. I believe their faith will keep them alive in Louisville. May God Bless you all and keep you well.

CovCath has heart, desire, discipline, and fire for miles.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Look For Too Much Offense From Cov Cath. Cch By 14 Or More.
BFritz Wrote:With Castaneda back and CovCath firing on all engines, they'll roll. They haven't lost to a Kentucky team this year, and they'll finish the year flawless in Kentucky

Thats a pretty weak arguement since JC hasn't lost to a Ky team or any team all year. I know CC lost to a tough team but you can't make that statement. Its meaningless.