•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield 28 Williamsburg 27 OT - 1A State Championship
Here's some stats for you. 4 times inside the 18 yard line. 3 times inside the 10 yard line. 2 times inside the 4 yard line. Williamsburg got 6 points on those 4 drives. Mayfield got lucky, huh?

Here's another stat or two. Kicking game: Williamsburg 2-3 field goals, 1-2 extra points. Mayfield: 4-4 extra points. Mayfield got lucky again, huh?

Defense, and being able to thrive under the pressure, had nothing to do with Mayfield winning, right?

As for the unsportsmanlike conduct of your team, watch the game, I showed you the truth.
The sting will stick with the burg faithful for years. I wouldn't recommend making it worse. It happened but I don't think it effected the game. The players that had issues were probably just amped up or frustrated. Let's leave it at that. This was a GREAT game, plz don't cheapen it.
mayfield_9 Wrote:Raceland fans were right. Williamsburg has some ankle twisters on their club. Watch the play from the 25:30 to 26:00 minute mark. Trajon Bright doesn't kick defenders because he likes it. Watch him describe to the White Hat what happened. If you think football is a dirty game, that anything goes on the bottom of a pile, that sportsmanship doesn't matter, then I have no respect for you.

you talk about sportsmanship while you whine after a win? you are :lame:
mysonis55 Wrote:The sting will stick with the burg faithful for years. I wouldn't recommend making it worse. It happened but I don't think it effected the game. The players that had issues were probably just amped up or frustrated. Let's leave it at that. This was a GREAT game, plz don't cheapen it.

Too late he already played that card as expected...
mayfield_9 Wrote:Stats don't win games.

:truestory:
mayfield_9 Wrote:Here's some stats for you. 4 times inside the 18 yard line. 3 times inside the 10 yard line. 2 times inside the 4 yard line. Williamsburg got 6 points on those 4 drives. Mayfield got lucky, huh?

Here's another stat or two. Kicking game: Williamsburg 2-3 field goals, 1-2 extra points. Mayfield: 4-4 extra points. Mayfield got lucky again, huh?

Defense, and being able to thrive under the pressure, had nothing to do with Mayfield winning, right?

As for the unsportsmanlike conduct of your team, watch the game, I showed you the truth.

The truth is it better to be lucky....You act like the west hasn't play anybody this year. This is football :HitWall:
I thought the purpose of athletics was to mold young boys into men. So you condone breaking the rules?

I asked 64, after he made the statement that Williamsburg had 12 running clocks in 13 games; what happens in a tight game? When the pressure is on, how does your team respond?

We got the answer. Williamsburg was kicking field goals, or trying to, while Mayfield was scoring touchdowns. Mayfield had been there, done that, already. Mayfield had played from behind, and won many times during the year.

Williamsburg had talent to burn. Shelton and Lowrie made many outstanding catches in the game. Notice I said outstanding, not "lucky". But talent doesn't always win on the scoreboard.

The most talented teams don't always win. You have seconds, or split-seconds to react in a game. But football is a mental game too. There is a lot of time between plays, and on the sidelines, to think. Some players can block out the pressure, the adversity, and thrive. Some can't.

Golf has a famous saying: Drive for show, putt for dough. That describes this game. Williamsburg was fabulous between the 20's. But they couldn't finish. Mayfield's defense stopped them? Better coaching? Mentally ready? Able to handle the pressure? You decide.
mayfield_9 Wrote:I thought the purpose of athletics was to mold young boys into men. So you condone breaking the rules?

I asked 64, after he made the statement that Williamsburg had 12 running clocks in 13 games; what happens in a tight game? When the pressure is on, how does your team respond?

We got the answer. Williamsburg was kicking field goals, or trying to, while Mayfield was scoring touchdowns. Mayfield had been there, done that, already. Mayfield had played from behind, and won many times during the year.

Williamsburg had talent to burn. Shelton and Lowrie made many outstanding catches in the game. Notice I said outstanding, not "lucky". But talent doesn't always win on the scoreboard.

The most talented teams don't always win. You have seconds, or split-seconds to
react in a game. But football is a mental game too. There is a lot of time between plays, and on the sidelines, to think. Some players can block out the pressure, the adversity, and thrive. Some can't.

Golf has a famous saying: Drive for show, putt for dough. That describes this game. Williamsburg was fabulous between the 20's. But they couldn't finish. Mayfield's defense stopped them? Better coaching? Mentally ready? Able to
handle the pressure? You decide.

Then act like Champions. :Sad04:
64SUR Wrote:Then act like Champions. :Sad04:

Bullying will get you nowhere. Not in football, not in life.

Take responsibility for your actions. Not only for what happens in this lifetime, but hopefully for eternity.
mayfield_9 Wrote:Bullying will get you nowhere. Not in football, not in life.

Take responsibility for your actions. Not only for what happens in this lifetime, but hopefully for eternity.

:what: Actions you guys won..I am done with you Cryfield_9 :Sad04:
Very proud of the Jackets. Congrats Mayfield on an excellent season!
64SUR Wrote::what: Actions you guys won..I am done with you Cryfield_9 :Sad04:

So please tell me what you're upset about. You, some other Williamsburg fans, a Pikeville fan, and a Whitley Co. fan have all responded. No one has said they watched the film, and I was lying.

55 and gobigredMHS both said this was happening, the ankle twisting. I ask again, do you condone breaking the rules? Is this acceptable? Is this what you want to teach young men and young boys?
Onstopofthewest did you give the guy from Williamsburg $50.00. Just a reminder you did post it on the Mayfield and Williamsburg thread...Just curious Confusedhh:
mayfield_9 Wrote:So please tell me what you're upset about. You, some other Williamsburg fans, a Pikeville fan, and a Whitley Co. fan have all responded. No one has said they watched the film, and I was lying.

55 and gobigredMHS both said this was happening, the ankle twisting. I ask again, do you condone breaking the rules? Is this acceptable? Is this what you want to teach young men and young boys?

Talked to one of ours kids today, you want me to put on here what happened to him twice on the bottom of a pile...Wish you hadn't gone there, the game was too good...
OldJacket Wrote:Talked to one of ours kids today, you want me to put on here what happened to him twice on the bottom of a pile...Wish you hadn't gone there, the game was too good...

Go ahead. I would like to hear it.
I don't have a dog in the fight and was not at the game and did not see any film.

So I see this as something that needs to be settled and there is only one way to do it....

BASKETBALLL!!!!

Williamsburg will have a special basketball team and should have a chance at winning the region....why not play a game a basketball, then some fans can't complain about twisting ankles in the pile.
Let it go. Great game between two great teams. Both deserved to win. Mayfield won.
If you want to talk smack, I can do that. If you want to talk about bigger issues, I can do that too.

Why couldn't Williamsburg score in the red zone? They did it all year long. 12 running clocks. The starting team ate popcorn in the first quarter, with their helmets and jerseys in the locker room, while watching the JV team mop up.

:mop::mop::mop:
I'm baaaaack.....
What a great weekend this was. I had a wonderful time!!!

bac2369 Wrote:I wish the burg would of went for it on 4th down and got another first down.

Oh, I was screaming to the top of my lungs for them to do just that!!!

Old_Jacket Wrote:Best catch I've ever seen in football... Period.

Me, too!

E's Army Wrote:Great game. Mayfield showed why their trophy case is full. Very well coached disciplined team. Williamsburg played their hearts out and gave themselves to bring a big trophy of their own home. Congrats to Mayfield. Very classy bunch who I'm lad to see moving out of 1A.

I though Mayfield was one of the best disciplined teams I have ever seen! Stayed poised and confident. Must have a great coach, I don't know him very well but his team speaks volumes for him.

killbilly usmc Wrote:Wow what a game. Very impressed with the burg. I was as nervous as prostitute on judgement day. No loser in this game in my book. I never thought id pull for the winning team, and still feel like i need bbq sauce for crow. Definitly not mayfields best game, but the yellow jackets had alot to do with that. Folks they where the real deal. Future looks bright for mayfield with alot of skill players. Kinda wish the burg wasnt losing so much so they would have another shot.

Sometimes it's difficult to see a team give so much of their soul and end up having a lower score than their competition. The Burg lost this game after doing just this. In this loss, I hope life lessons can be learned that will help these kids along their journey. Great great game!!!

Smashmouth 47 Wrote:This was a great game. Both teams deserved to be here. Let me tell one of the most memorable moments to me. Several weeks ago, our mascot and Mayfield flag waver, was tragically murdered. His name is Ely. The team has been playing for Ely every since. After the missed PAT by Williamsburg in overtime, I heard the guy next to me say "I think we got some help from Eli on that one." Kinda brought a lump to my throat.

Awww, that's such a great story!! I'm sure Eli may have helped out a little, too.

E's Army Wrote:Good to hear your boy is going to be ok. Need somebody to remind you to take your medication.

Confusednicker:

pjdoug Wrote:Can I recommend some better barbecue places? :biggrin:

I doubt it, but you're welcome to try!!

I believe I'm going to make this a tradition!! I saw four out of six games, and loved every one of them!! Some of the best skill and competition I've ever seen. Williamsburg played well enough to win, IMO, but sometimes things just happen....

So glad SUR's son is going to be okay!

I thought all of the mountain teams represented very well. I was proud ov every blessed one of them!!

So Monday, the kids start preparing for next year, and what a great year it will be!!!!
I do have a serious question though that did puzzle me.

Why and how did mayfield get to choose defense and the side of the field to playin..? I thought the team who lost the toss picked the side!
........Breaking News out of Mayfield.........

A investigation is underway into #55. Seems the title game was much closer than expected and the AD wants answers as to why. It is widely rumored that the AD believes that #55 slipped #64 some of the magical Mayfield water and #64 in turn gave it to the Williamsburg players prior to and during the game with the last of it being given to the players late in the 4TH Q. If found to be true, #55 will face felony charges and deported to Williamsburg. His key to the water cooler was taken from him last evening once he arrived back in Mayfield
You are the one that started the smack talk! Everyone else on here was talking about a great game played by two teams of great players. There are things that happen in the pile that no one sees. They are a bunch of kids trying to fight for their team. I'm pretty sure that no one wants a player to break any rules. There were rules broken on both teams parts. Isn't that when they throw the flag? There were flags that could have been thrown on both teams yesterday that weren't so we could talk about that! I know this mom has spend the last 4 years hearing you say that we weren't worthy of being where we where. I think yesterday proved we did belong there. Both teams laid it all out on the field and gave their all. How about we congratulate both teams and remember what a heck of a game they played!!!
Williamsburg was lucky to know us. We used one play we hadn't used all year. The TD pass in OT to Bright. We left many plays in the book.
I saw 64 just before the game and surprised him with the water. I told him they couldn't use it til after the game though. He assured me that he wouldn't.
Well, there is the plays where Jordan Tyler throws out of the wildcat that is lethal. There is the plays where Tyler lines up as WR just like deon that we didn't use. Those are 2 things that I most looked for.
They swallowed that water in the 2Q. It was still Mayfield 14, Williamsburg 10 at halftime. :lmao:
64SUR Wrote:The truth is it better to be lucky....You act like the west hasn't play anybody this year. This is football :HitWall:

Let me tell you some truth 64. My son was not LUCKY when he made that stop at the goal line. He was just that dang good. Don't you dare cheapen how he played by calling it luck just because you can't except that your team lost.
Mayfieldsportsfan Wrote:Let me tell you some truth 64. My son was not LUCKY when he made that stop at the goal line. He was just that dang good. Don't you dare cheapen how he played by calling it luck just because you can't except that your team lost.

Yes.
Mayfieldsportsfan Wrote:Let me tell you some truth 64. My son was not LUCKY when he made that stop at the goal line. He was just that dang good. Don't you dare cheapen how he played by calling it luck just because you can't except that your team lost.

Congrats to your kid MSF, he did play well...I knew you had one out there playing just didn't know that was him till I read your previous post...
mysonis55 Wrote:Well, there is the plays where Jordan Tyler throws out of the wildcat that is lethal. There is the plays where Tyler lines up as WR just like deon that we didn't use. Those are 2 things that I most looked for.

I will say, I was a little worried when they broke the Wildcat out. I knew going into the game #4 was fast, and could score quick. I felt the Jackets hemmed Tyler and Bright very well. They'll be fun to watch next year.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next