Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield 28 Williamsburg 27 OT - 1A State Championship
Final
Heck of a game!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Keep 64 away from that kicker
The jackets had plenty of chances in this game. But just couldn't get over the hump.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Mayfield did what great teams do, take advantage of every opportunity you are given. Hats off to their program.

Newfound respect for Williamsburg. They played a better game today but Mayfield did what they had to do to win and the Jackets will live with "what if" for a long time.
Wish Williamsburg would have pulled it off but heck of a game. This is what state championship week is all about. Hope the next game is as good as this one was.
Believe there is going to be some crow eating tonight
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
I thought Mayfield would be better.
Not that impressive
Williamsburg proved that they did belong in this game. Much earned respect.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
We can ALL say Williamsburg deserved to be here...
Jackets dominated just about every stat in this game but the one that really counts. (Score)
Time poss- Williamsburg
Yard - Williamsburg
Plays - Williamsburg
Turnovers - mayfield
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Congrats to both teams!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Good luck mayfield next year in 2a
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Sheltons 31 yard td catch is the best catch of the finals this year. Prob one of the best catches of the season if not the best!!!

That kid has some really good hands!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
got to be heart breaking for williamsburg kicker,if he would have made the field goal with a min and some change left they may not have week to OT, then miss the extra point to lose game in OT.what a game..
panther nation Wrote:Jackets dominated just about every stat in this game but the one that really counts. (Score)
Time poss- Williamsburg
Yard - Williamsburg
Plays - Williamsburg
Turnovers - mayfield

That's been the story of a few of the close Central/Belfry games.
Belfry0304 Wrote:That's been the story of a few of the close Central/Belfry games.

Yes it has
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Wow great game . Turnovers cost Williamsburg the game . Thanks Panter Nation for the play by play on the other thread .
Well this settles it. Mayfield not as good as everyone thought.
I wish the burg would of went for it on 4th down and got another first down.
Football fan 0 Wrote:Wow great game . Turnovers cost Williamsburg the game . Thanks Panter Nation for the play by play on the other thread .

Your welcome just hope it helped some who couldn't hear it on radio or watch it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Congrats Mayfield on another championship. This was a heck of football game. Special teams played a huge role in this one. 2 blocked punts and a missed extra point in overtime.... that's a lousy way to lose any game, let alone a championship game.

Congrats also to Williamsburg on a great season. A lot of people, myself included, expected another blowout. Boy, was I wrong. I really thought on 2 or 3 occasions that the Jackets had this one, but it wasn't meant to be. With Mayfield moving up next year, you've got to like Williamsburg's program going forward.

This might end up being the game of the weekend, and Shelton's TD catch might be the play of the weekend.
cctiger Wrote:Well this settles it. Mayfield not as good as everyone thought.

I agree 100% the big mayfield really didn't look that big and bad to me either. But they did just enough to win. Have to give them credit for that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
cctiger Wrote:Well this settles it. Mayfield not as good as everyone thought.

Or Williamsburg than everyone thought. Mayfield is obviously a quality team that made the plays that counted. Hats of to them, and I'm glad we gave them a reason to sweat.
The west is sooooo much better and more athletic and stronger than the east. Haha. Listen these things have been true for a very long time but don't look now we have closed the gap considerably and I think this will hold true going forward. Good game 'burg.
samson81 Wrote:Congrats Mayfield on another championship. This was a heck of football game. Special teams played a huge role in this one. 2 blocked punts and a missed extra point in overtime.... that's a lousy way to lose any game, let alone a championship game.

Congrats also to Williamsburg on a great season. A lot of people, myself included, expected another blowout. Boy, was I wrong. I really thought on 2 or 3 occasions that the Jackets had this one, but it wasn't meant to be. With Mayfield moving up next year, you've got to like Williamsburg's program going forward.

This might end up being the game of the weekend, and Shelton's TD catch might be the play of the weekend.

Best catch I've ever seen in football... Period.
Old_Jacket Wrote:Best catch I've ever seen in football... Period.
He beat Bright twice for nice catches and #4 on the TD catch. Shelton showed up big time for the Jackets today. Heckuva player.
Cograts to Mayfield, this one is a heartbreaker...leaving BG very proud of my team...
Williamsburg offense 360yds vs Mayfield 170yds
Congratulations to Mayfield and hold your heads up Jackets you have nothing to be ashamed about.
  • 1(current)
  • Next