Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weight Lifting
but some have went to the Y :-)
Yeah, but you cant hit the weights hard and have intensity at the Y like you can in your own schools weightroom.
15thRegionFan Wrote:whats brenton hamilton get blackcat?

Im not sure, he got 265 on bench in a weight meet about a month ago.
Thats pretty good. Some of the players hit the Y with some pretty good intensity but nothin as comparable as the weightroom
nothing compares to your own weightroom!
i know you just get into it with everyone staring you down and cheering it on gosh it is a great when you get the weight up to.
yeah thats where its at PG lol
Home weightroom advantage. lol HAHAHA
haha that was a good one hurley i understand what u all mean
I figured hamilton would bench more then that for his size.
Coach Wrote:Doug could bench over 300 when he was in the 8th grade.

I seriously doubt that...unless he was on roids or sumthin, how much did he way in 8th grade when he supposedly benched 300???
If I'm not mistaken Doug could bench about 250 or 225 in 8th grade.. He's always been a stout kid.
kyfootballfan Wrote:ive seen some high bench totals but i believe that squat is the most important lift in football gives u more powerful leg drive and explosion

Well squat is good and everything but Power clean is the most important lift of all! It uses your whole body if you think about it! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
power clean is ok it help lineman work on leverage but the most important thing is squat so u have the powerful leg drive to run through and and over the opposition
how much you maxin bench now pb42?
I am going to have to disagree with alot of people on this, squat is an important lift, but power cleans and incline bench are the most important lifts for a football player because they both improve technique. Without technique power means nothing
Sasquatch72 Wrote:I am going to have to disagree with alot of people on this, squat is an important lift, but power cleans and incline bench are the most important lifts for a football player because they both improve technique. Without technique power means nothing

I agree with you on this ..
The most important thing in football other than form is......staying low. As I have always been told "the low man wins"
prestonburg has really been steping it up in the weightroom over the off season...wes woods a sompmore is amzing u will never see a sompmore work so hard as wes does..sence he has been going to the hit center hes been crazy about it its amazing about how big this kid has gotten sence he has been to that hit center...hes benching like 285, squating 485 and cleaning 275 this kid is a monster for such a young age
Brenton hamiltion is benching 315 now, he is going to a big part of the blackcats offence and defence this year
He is also squatting 425
Derrick Williams is squatting 240 and i going to be a dominant force this season on the blackcat line.
Derrick williams is squattin 440 and is goin to be a dominant force on the blackcat line this year. Tyler Layne is a sophmore and is suattin 425 and will also be a force on the line