•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs. Central Class 3A State Championship
Official name is the Ridgeview Wolfpack - mascot will be 3 wolves, rep-ing the 3 schools (don't forget Ervinton).
Haysi will once again host Galax in the state quarters - 2 pm kick - http://www.wdicradio.com.
Their only losses were to top-seeded Honaker (12-0) and WV semi-finalist Tug Valley (11-3), but Galax's 3 losses were to Giles, Glenvar & Altavista, a combined 36-1 right now.
If Honaker wins, the Galax-Haysi winner will travel to the Eastern Shore for a semi-final game with Essex.

And Belfry's scrimmage buddies are also in the quarters today.
Richlands at Gate City @ 2:00 on http://www.wgth.net
George Wythe at Honaker @ 1:00 on http://www.wxlz.net
All 3 games should be real battles.
skully03 Wrote:Cake walk or is BELFRY just that much better when healthy. Lol. I know I know. Our District is not the toughest but don't forget about the teams we did beat earlier in the season who played deep into the playoffs. I believe this Belfry team is as healthy as they were in the first game of the season and they are capable of getting some sweet revenge on Central. Looking forward to a good game in BG.

If you look around the state there are not many districts tougher than belfrys. Belfry just makes it look easy, there are 8 districts in 3a and belfry would go undefeated in probably 7 of them we will know about the 8th one shortly.
dawg fan Wrote:If you look around the state there are not many districts tougher than belfrys. Belfry just makes it look easy, there are 8 districts in 3a and belfry would go undefeated in probably 7 of them we will know about the 8th one shortly.

You're kidding your self.Confusedtare:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Realignment moves Bell County and Corbin to the East.

Come next November people will still be complaining Belfry had a cakewalk as they book rooms for Bowling Green after a dominating Semi-Finals win.

after the new alignment you have no chance of EVER winning another title. You wont get past Corbin and if you was lucky enough you'd get dominated by a West team. I'll be laughing as you sit at home with a deflated ego Confusednicker:. remember I said so because this is a :truestory:
pjdoug Wrote:after the new alignment you have no chance of EVER winning another title. You wont get past Corbin and if you was lucky enough you'd get dominated by a West team. I'll be laughing as you sit at home with a deflated ego Confusednicker:. remember I said so because this is a :truestory:

yep ,just like u said lasy year against WC,see how that worked for u...:biglmao:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Belfry, number one in the state and number two in the county Confusednicker:

Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:after the new alignment you have no chance of EVER winning another title. You wont get past Corbin and if you was lucky enough you'd get dominated by a West team. I'll be laughing as you sit at home with a deflated ego Confusednicker:. remember I said so because this is a :truestory:
Dude we will crush corbin..When you blow a 3 touchdown lead, You pretty much suck..remember 2 years ago when corbin supposedly had the best middle school team and Belfry Crushed them in the state Tourny..well next year they will all be Juniors, add in the Seniors and Sophmores cuming up..Guess what another Beatdown..I watched film on Corbin, was not impressed, you dont have our speed, and wont have it next year, but hey thats a discussion for next year, we gotta state championship to prepare for, I think you can move over to the Basketball Forum now..:biglmao:
irishcard16 Wrote:I was mainly referring to the possibility of picking up Ironton again, if they continue to be improved. Would like to see Alcoa added too, would definitely get us prepared for the athleticism we would face against Central.
I would like to see them add Alcoa and Maryville :biggrin:
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:Dude we will crush corbin..When you blow a 3 touchdown lead, You pretty much suck..remember 2 years ago when corbin supposedly had the best middle school team and Belfry Crushed them in the state Tourny..well next year they will all be Juniors, add in the Seniors and Sophmores cuming up..Guess what another Beatdown..I watched film on Corbin, was not impressed, you dont have our speed, and wont have it next year, but hey thats a discussion for next year, we gotta state championship to prepare for, I think you can move over to the Basketball Forum now..:biglmao:

Corbin will embarrass you.you wont even have a 3 touchdown lead so you really suck.this ain't 2 years ago or middle school. I don't like Central but will very much enjoy watching them hammer belfry :biggrin:
As long as Belfry has Phillip Haywood, Belfry will be strong and a state contender!!!!
IMO the best coach in high school football.. Class Act
pjdoug:

If Belfry beats the same Central team that just beat Corbin (at home) will you agree to admit you are an a** clown and leave this site forever?

Wink
pjdoug Wrote:Corbin will embarrass you.you wont even have a 3 touchdown lead so you really suck.this ain't 2 years ago or middle school. I don't like Central but will very much enjoy watching them hammer belfry :biggrin:

Dude.....you need to lay the weed down......because it's seriously affected your brain. I know you like to troll and such....and that's ok.....but the excessive weed use has taken you beyond rational thought..........Confusednicker:
PaytoPlay Wrote:pjdoug:

If Belfry beats the same Central team that just beat Corbin (at home) will you agree to admit you are an a** clown and leave this site forever?

Wink

I'll always be around.central will destroy belfry.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Dude.....you need to lay the weed down......because it's seriously affected your brain. I know you like to troll and such....and that's ok.....but the excessive weed use has taken you beyond rational thought..........Confusednicker:

I've never smoked weed in my life Smile
pjdoug Wrote:Corbin will embarrass you.you wont even have a 3 touchdown lead so you really suck.this ain't 2 years ago or middle school. I don't like Central but will very much enjoy watching them hammer belfry :biggrin:
Your right it was 2 years ago, so thats even worst for the Redhounds...lol...
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:Your right it was 2 years ago, so thats even worst for the Redhounds...lol...

its gonna be worse when central takes you to the woodshed lol
2 years ago Belfry dominated Corbin's undefeated middle school team. Those boys will be 11th graders next year a take a butt whipping from Belfry again. Only way Corbin won state this year in middle school is they moved from Division 2. Corbin and CAL both ran from Belfry middle. That's the only way they could win championships in middle school. Belfry won't be beat next year by anyone in 3A and maybe in the state.
Why keep talking about middle school? this is highschool and you're gonna get deflated a week from today. 3A will be tougher starting next year so you have no shot.wont be beat by 3A next year? you lost to a 1A school this year Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:I've never smoked weed in my life Smile

Really??? Are you sure??? if not.... Then you need to take my professional advice and go see your physician......you may have some environmental issues that have affected your ability to process rational thought.

Do you live by power lines? Polluted water? Maybe you've banged your head too many times at the water park there in Williamsburg..........whatever the cause....you should get some help. Unfortunately....in looking at your posts.....I believe you're getting worse.............Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Thank God for the realignment.

Belfry, even you have to admit the road to the title has been a joke for you all. Going from nothing to the likes of Central could be bad.

Ill take Central 33-13

You can also take your head out of your ass. Confusednicker:
This ain't gonna happen!!

Pirate1991#8 Wrote:Dude we will crush corbin..When you blow a 3 touchdown lead, You pretty much suck..remember 2 years ago when corbin supposedly had the best middle school team and Belfry Crushed them in the state Tourny..well next year they will all be Juniors, add in the Seniors and Sophmores cuming up..Guess what another Beatdown..I watched film on Corbin, was not impressed, you dont have our speed, and wont have it next year, but hey thats a discussion for next year, we gotta state championship to prepare for, I think you can move over to the Basketball Forum now..:biglmao:
/

It was more than 3 TDs.....the score was 26/0 when Central made the turn around.

You're gonna be disappointed dougy.
:Sad04:

pjdoug Wrote:Why keep talking about middle school? this is highschool and you're gonna get deflated a week from today. 3A will be tougher starting next year so you have no shot.wont be beat by 3A next year? you lost to a 1A school this year Confusednicker:

I understand your confusion....it's called "feeder program". Being from Whitley County, that must sound like a foreign language to you....

Belfry wins another state title, and I will be there to see it!!!
Granny Bear Wrote:You can also take your head out of your ass. Confusednicker:

/

It was more than 3 TDs.....the score was 26/0 when Central made the turn around.

I understand your confusion....it's called "feeder program". Being from Whitley County, that must sound like a foreign language to you....

send meupdates granny...........:thanks:
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Really??? Are you sure??? if not.... Then you need to take my professional advice and go see your physician......you may have some environmental issues that have affected your ability to process rational thought.

Do you live by power lines? Polluted water? Maybe you've banged your head too many times at the water park there in Williamsburg..........whatever the cause....you should get some help. Unfortunately....in looking at your posts.....I believe you're getting worse.............Confusednicker:

we all have environmental issues,and I have banged my head quite a few timesConfusednicker: .I dont need a physician when I have you giving me a diagnosis lol
^^
You got it baby! (cuppett) Wish you could be there.

Gut, since you now live in Bowling Green, and the tournament is on a weekend, there's NO EXCUSE for not attending the games, and meeting us...or one of us. Confusednicker:

I'll buy YOU the hotdog and I won't back down like you have....promise.

Let me know time and place.

Smile
Granny Bear Wrote:You can also take your head out of your ass. Confusednicker:

/

feeder programs have absolutely nothing to do with state championships being played next weekend. I'm not a Corbin fan and wont be disappointed. You will be sadly disappointed if you think Belfry is going to win against Central:biglmao:
I just want to get in early here and agree with Leonidas and a couple others. Until Belfry gets the monkey off the back and proves it can defeat Central on the field, you have to favor Central.

I hope this is the year.
This is a Belfry/Central thread so I'll say Belfry wins another state title. But since it was brought up Belfry would slaughter Corbin and Bell. Last year or this one and especially next year. Corbin is a non issue next year, back in the corner. You had your upper class heavy team, and blew a 26 point lead Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:feeder programs have absolutely nothing to do with state championships being played next weekend. I'm not a Corbin fan and wont be disappointed. You will be sadly disappointed if you think Belfry is going to win against Central:biglmao:

Are you kidding me???? You cannot be serious when you say feeder programs have nothing to do with state championships. That is totally asenine!!!

Feeder programs is what MAKES high school programs stronger.

I won't be sadly disappointed dougy......Corbin allowed an explosive Central team to come back on them after leading 26 to 0....26 to 0!!! Belfry is way too disciplined to allow that to happen.
Central is favorite no matter what any1 says and u know its in the mind of the Belfry players,and a lot of them remember the last few games against Central(falling short to them in heart breaking fashion the last2 games)they know they can play with them but know is the time to be on top on the hill and overcome the (Central Demon)hope for injury free game and may the Pirates get the 2nd back to back on there (2nd)10 yr anniversary
Good luck Belfry from SV and the rest of Pike County.
watcher Wrote:Belfry's coach is probably the best to ever put on a whistle in Kentucky. I would love to have him at our school. Congrats again to Belfry! All I can say is WOW !

Jus based off wins he would be. However, for me, my money would be on Dale Mueller from Highlands. He went over 250 wins and Haywood coached close to 20 more years than him. That's not the reason though. In that timespan, he's been to 14 state championships and has won 11 of them. I'd definitely give it to Haywood a being the best in eastern ky, and he'd definitely be in the top 5, but when you take into consideration coaches like Bob Redman, Bob Schneider, Jack Morris, Bob Beatty, Sam Harp, Joe Jaggers, mike Glaser, mike Holcomb, Owen Hauck, Dan Haley, Hillard Howard, Dudley Hilton, Ivan McGlone, etc. then it becomes really hard to make that statement. I will give him one thing, longevity is the hardest thing to do in coaching and he's done it better than most. There is just some that have done more in the post season that may not give him that #1 spot.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next