Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry vs. Central Class 3A State Championship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Thoughts?
Going to be another slobber knocker.

Blue Bloods of 3A rise to the top again. Since the alignment started it has been Central and Belfry and then a drop to everyone else and so it is again
To be the man, you have to beat the man.

Central is still the king of 3A imo. I don't think there is one fan on Pond Creek that wouldn't feel a sense of relief if this team gets over the proverbial hump and wins the big one against Central.

I guess we'll see how it shakes out Friday.
groundhog day?
Tica Wrote:groundhog day?

Round 5

Only 2010 was this matchup not decided late in the 4th (or Overtime).. have a feeling we are about to have another one.

Everyone wants to talk about the new blood coming into 3A next year...but this season just goes to show... It doesn't matter who you are or how upstart your program is the road to the 3A Title goes through the Central Yellowjackets and the Belfry Pirates.

From this Belfry fan absolutely nothing but respect for Coach Scorggins and the Central program. The most underrated Coach in Kentucky IMHO. With that said, this is the game I was wanting to see. Not from the standpoint of because I think Belfry is better than Central, but because what better way to close out the current 3A alignment with these two juggernauts?
Congrats to the Pirates on another shot at a titile. BUT...an easier road to the finals you will never see, anywhere. All 3 teams Belfry beat in the playoffs were demolished by Class A teams in the regular season. Going to have to play great football to beat Central. Good luck!
Best of luck to Belfry. I'm sure they'll be ready to play, and win! I'll make my prediction a little later in the week, but I can tell you I believe it'll come down to about 6 overtimes.
jetpilot Wrote:Congrats to the Pirates on another shot at a titile. BUT...an easier road to the finals you will never see, anywhere. All 3 teams Belfry beat in the playoffs were demolished by Class A teams in the regular season. Going to have to play great football to beat Central. Good luck!

And, where would those class A teams happen to be tonight? Fact is, the best regular season on earth doesn't make a bit of difference once the playoffs start! Easy road, perhaps, but the end game is the same-- the pond creek nation marching down route 80 to bowling green!
PHS95 Wrote:And, where would those class A teams happen to be tonight? Fact is, the best regular season on earth doesn't make a bit of difference once the playoffs start! Easy road, perhaps, but the end game is the same-- the pond creek nation marching down route 80 to bowling green!

One going to BG and the others probably wishing they were in 3A.:devilflam
Classic case of woulda coulda shoulda?! J/k
jetpilot Wrote:One going to BG and the others probably wishing they were in 3A.:devilflam

Playoffs can be a bit tricky.... I even saw a team have a 72 point turn around from their regular season game!

You still have to win those games and in the case of Belfry not only did they win..they dominated like they should.
Central 35-14
jetpilot Wrote:Congrats to the Pirates on another shot at a titile. BUT...an easier road to the finals you will never see, anywhere. All 3 teams Belfry beat in the playoffs were demolished by Class A teams in the regular season. Going to have to play great football to beat Central. Good luck!

:truestory:
Belfry gets a W over Central.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Playoffs can be a bit tricky.... I even saw a team have a 72 point turn around from their regular season game!

You still have to win those games and in the case of Belfry not only did they win..they dominated like they should.

Not tricky at all in Eastern 3A. The teams you guys saw aren't capable of a turnaround. But like you said, you dominated. As well you should, they don't have a pulse.Confusederiously:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Playoffs can be a bit tricky.... I even saw a team have a 72 point turn around from their regular season game!

:truestory:
Central is not a great team this year but they will dominate a much weaker belfry team Confusednicker:
Leonidas Wrote:To be the man, you have to beat the man.

Central is still the king of 3A imo. I don't think there is one fan on Pond Creek that wouldn't feel a sense of relief if this team gets over the proverbial hump and wins the big one against Central.

I guess we'll see how it shakes out Friday.

Uh, I think Belfry is the man. I know they haven't beaten Central but they are the defending champs.
Thank God for the realignment.

Belfry, even you have to admit the road to the title has been a joke for you all. Going from nothing to the likes of Central could be bad.

Ill take Central 33-13
Westside Wrote:Uh, I think Belfry is the man. I know they haven't beaten Central but they are the defending champs.

I agree Belfry is the defending state champs, but Central has owned us and until we beat them, they are the Man. I believe most Belfry fans feel that way. Kinda, got to get the monkey off the back so to speak.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Thank God for the realignment.

Belfry, even you have to admit the road to the title has been a joke for you all. Going from nothing to the likes of Central could be bad.

Ill take Central 33-13

the realignment will deflate some people and bring then back down to earth for years to come :hilarious:
I heard Central had a difficult time with Corbin's run game.... hmmm

jetpilot Wrote:One going to BG and the others probably wishing they were in 3A.:devilflam

jetpilot Wrote:Not tricky at all in Eastern 3A. The teams you guys saw aren't capable of a turnaround. But like you said, you dominated. As well you should, they don't have a pulse.Confusederiously:

Very classy Jetpilot. Looks like you would have learned about talking shit from your Pikeville playoff predictions. Those predictions kinda crashed and burned along with your prediction credibility.
I'm just glad we didn't have to face Paintsville this year in the playoffs. (Ouch) J/K. I do believe had Pikeville not stumbled they would be rolling into BG with us.

Belfry-20
Central-6

Finally get over the hump.
I hope Belfry brings it home.
Belfry-17
Central-14
pjdoug Wrote::truestory:

The East has always been easier so your point is moot. Always a quality opponent in the finals. But your point about having to play well is right on. You need to play your best game in the biggest game of the year. This was intended for pilot lol Not sure how I messed that up!
pjdoug Wrote:the realignment will deflate some people and bring then back down to earth for years to come :hilarious:

Realignment moves Bell County and Corbin to the East.

Come next November people will still be complaining Belfry had a cakewalk as they book rooms for Bowling Green after a dominating Semi-Finals win.
Some people do have a point regarding the strength of East 3A. Ever since Breathitt County and Sheldon Clark decided to stop playing football, Belfry has had a cake walk, but that doesn't matter as long as you win, win and keep winning.
Real Badman Wrote:Some people do have a point regarding the strength of East 3A. Ever since Breathitt County and Sheldon Clark decided to stop playing football, Belfry has had a cake walk.

This was their easiest path so far.

Bourbon County had a very good team the past two years. Last year Bourbon was every bit as good as Wayne (who steamrolled the West) and in 2012 they were probably the 3rd best team behind Belfry and Central. Garrard was very good in 2011 and that was the last strong Breathitt team.

There is no doubt Belfry had a pretty flat path to Bowling Green.. in fact most people even said that would be the case back in August if you look back. You play the hand you are dealt and Belfry steam rolled like they should.

That's why a difficult regular season schedule is composed.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9