•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs. Central Class 3A State Championship
EKUAlum05 Wrote:This was their easiest path so far.

Bourbon County had a very good team the past two years. Garrard was very good in 2011.

There is no doubt Belfry had a pretty flat path to Bowling Green.. in fact most people even said that would be the case back in August if you look back. You play the hand you are dealt and Belfry steam rolled like they should.

That's why a difficult regular season schedule is composed.

You quoted me before my edit haha. Credit to Garrard, Somerset, and Bourbon the past few seasons for playing Belfry tough. Forgot to mention them. But yeah no, I don't care who you play as long as you win. Belfry high school has no control over who they play. The same way Pikeville has no control over who is in their weak district.
Exactly the reason we go to TN and OH to find good games instead of playing the local cream puff schedule most teams do. I would almost guarantee Knoxville Catholic will be the toughest team we play next year including playoffs. Hope we pick up a few other teams comparable to Knox Cath.
Lord willing the State will run out of Breathitt and allow the Feeder program to start back. It crushes me to see the Bobcats down the way they are. Thats what happens when a legendary coach leaves, and state takes over.
I love how the haters love downplaying Belfry's accomplishments. Many of these hater's teams would have essentially the same weak path to the finals if they were even good enough to win a few games which they continue to prove they are not.
irishcard16 Wrote:Exactly the reason we go to TN and OH to find good games instead of playing the local cream puff schedule most teams do. I would almost guarantee Knoxville Catholic will be the toughest team we play next year including playoffs. Hope we pick up a few other teams comparable to Knox Cath.

Not so much Ohio, but the TN teams are good and this Knox Catholic series should be a good one,
Westside Wrote:Uh, I think Belfry is the man. I know they haven't beaten Central but they are the defending champs.

Crossbones pointed out exactly what I meant.

Until we beat Central in the title game they still hold claim to the best program in 3A, and thats exactly what we want to be.
will Belfry keep Taylor at qb as he is in a groove and use Corbett somewhere else(because he is still playmaker)?and how healthy are they going into the finals?
jetpilot Wrote:Not tricky at all in Eastern 3A. The teams you guys saw aren't capable of a turnaround. But like you said, you dominated. As well you should, they don't have a pulse.Confusederiously:

still butthurt over the Paintsville thrashing?
Westside Wrote:Very classy Jetpilot. Looks like you would have learned about talking shit from your Pikeville playoff predictions. Those predictions kinda crashed and burned along with your prediction credibility.

:dudecomeon:

Just trolling a bit, usually it doesn't seem to bother you. Everything I said is true and everyone knows it. I wasn't attacking anyone. I wished Belfry luck and I will be rooting for them. As far as predictions go you don't want me digging up all your bad predictions. :biggrin:
cuppett777 Wrote:will Belfry keep Taylor at qb as he is in a groove and use Corbett somewhere else(because he is still playmaker)?and how healthy are they going into the finals?

This is the healthiest Belfry has been since the Henry Clay game. Different team with Catron on the field.
Belfry, number one in the state and number two in the county Confusednicker:
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:still butthurt over the Paintsville thrashing?

:lame:

Nah, when I get sad about it I just think about the Belfry game until the sadness passes.
jetpilot Wrote::lame:

Nah, when I get sad about it I just think about the Belfry game until the sadness passes.

Whatever you do....don't think back too far....or all those prior 13 straight butt whippings will put you right back in the ER just like the Paintsville game did. You know....you can only have so many stents inserted...Smile
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Belfry, number one in the state and number two in the county Confusednicker:

Woah now. I believe Shelby Valley won over some Pike County faithful :yum:
Belfry's coach is probably the best to ever put on a whistle in Kentucky. I would love to have him at our school. Congrats again to Belfry! All I can say is WOW !
jetpilot Wrote::dudecomeon:

Just trolling a bit, usually it doesn't seem to bother you. Everything I said is true and everyone knows it. I wasn't attacking anyone. I wished Belfry luck and I will be rooting for them. As far as predictions go you don't want me digging up all your bad predictions. :biggrin:

Hey, I told you before I was drunk when I made those predictions.
double post
Westside Wrote:Hey, I told you before I was drunk when I made those predictions.

And I must have been smoking crack when I made the Pikeville predictions.:trolldad2:
Bobcat4life2013 Wrote:Lord willing the State will run out of Breathitt and allow the Feeder program to start back. It crushes me to see the Bobcats down the way they are. Thats what happens when a legendary coach leaves, and state takes over.
The state coming in your county has destroyed your sports programs. I feel for Breathitt County. Shame on Frankfort.
Cake walk or is BELFRY just that much better when healthy. Lol. I know I know. Our District is not the toughest but don't forget about the teams we did beat earlier in the season who played deep into the playoffs. I believe this Belfry team is as healthy as they were in the first game of the season and they are capable of getting some sweet revenge on Central. Looking forward to a good game in BG.
Is this a serious question??
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Playoffs can be a bit tricky.... I even saw a team have a 72 point turn around from their regular season game!

You still have to win those games and in the case of Belfry not only did they win..they dominated like they should.

78, actually. Confusednicker::eyeroll:

As for the game, I think this is finally the year for Belfry to get over the Yellow Jackets' sting. Belfry wins 20-14.
cuppett777 Wrote:will Belfry keep Taylor at qb as he is in a groove and use Corbett somewhere else(because he is still playmaker)?and how healthy are they going into the finals?

Is this a serious question??
The only way id see Corbett playing qb is if X was out .. The offense runs a lot better with Keaton behind center
Belfry by 3 td's... Wut :eyeroll:
skully03 Wrote:Cake walk or is BELFRY just that much better when healthy. Lol. I know I know. Our District is not the toughest but don't forget about the teams we did beat earlier in the season who played deep into the playoffs. I believe this Belfry team is as healthy as they were in the first game of the season and they are capable of getting some sweet revenge on Central. Looking forward to a good game in BG.

I think it's a combination of both the east being weak and Belfry being that much better. They do play some tough non district games and have a fairly good record doing so.
bucslover68 Wrote:Not so much Ohio, but the TN teams are good and this Knox Catholic series should be a good one,

I was mainly referring to the possibility of picking up Ironton again, if they continue to be improved. Would like to see Alcoa added too, would definitely get us prepared for the athleticism we would face against Central.
bucslover68 Wrote:Not so much Ohio, but the TN teams are good and this Knox Catholic series should be a good one,

I'd like to see Belfry play Dickenson County Central (official name TBA) next season. It's the consolidation of Clintwood and Haysi in Virginia. Both schools are/were Virginia 1A state powers. To my knowledge, as of tonight, Haysi is still alive in the Virginia 1A semi-finals.
How old is Philip Heywood? Isn't it about time for him to retire?
jetpilot Wrote::dudecomeon:

Dig up mine co-pilot. :biglmao: I mean jetpilot

Belfry 42
Central 28
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next