Poll: who wins??
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Paducah Tilghman
52.94%
South Warren
47.06%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tilghman vs. South Warren 11/21/14
PJ is trying hard to get a new coach.
I hear the pay is good 55. :wink:
mysonis55 Wrote:PJ is trying hard to get a new coach.

I'd like a good defensive coach named Morris
mysonis55 Wrote:Trueblue, you are wrong. Check my posts all the way back to the start of the year. I have always picked PT to make it at least to the regionals or semis. I also pointed out that this year reminds me of 2009. You know what happened in 2009

???? what are you referring to?
truebluefan89 Wrote:???? what are you referring to?

He might be plastered and posting slurred text but I cant be sure :biglmao:
Your post where you said no one expected PT to be this close to SW.
The fact PT is competitive with defensive starters as small as 5-3 and 140 lbs says a lot about Shanks. It is hard to accurately describe how small this team is on both sides of the ball.
Tica Wrote:The fact PT is competitive with defensive starters as small as 5-3 and 140 lbs says a lot about Shanks. It is hard to accurately describe how small this team is on both sides of the ball.
I'd like to watch them play.
Tica Wrote:The fact PT is competitive with defensive starters as small as 5-3 and 140 lbs says a lot about Shanks. It is hard to accurately describe how small this team is on both sides of the ball.

I agree.

If PT can recruit their school and get numbers up they are going to be very, very good in the upcoming years.
mysonis55 Wrote:Your post where you said no one expected PT to be this close to SW.
Okay, it was only a select few that saw the growth.
South Warren
Come on tilghman, make the jackson purchase proud.
Hmmm interesting ranking showing strength of schedule.http://https://www.truerank.org/2014-ky-football-class-rankings-nov-10-16.html
I suspect the loss of Haskins at McCracken and the post season success of PT has done a lot of the recruiting already.
Plus the fact PT has three starters at D1 programs and another on a D1 roster doesn't hurt. Make that 2 1/2 starters since JD Harmon got in Stoops' doghouse.
South Warren
Tica Wrote:Plus the fact PT has three starters at D1 programs and another on a D1 roster doesn't hurt. Make that 2 1/2 starters since JD Harmon got in Stoops' doghouse.

Speaking of Harmon...his brother or half-brother is going to be a special player. Saw him playing on the Paducah MS team that played Belfry and he is going to be a stud in a few years.
its game day. temps should be warmer than first thought. This helps PT who has a pretty good passing game. I think its going to be closer than people think. CMON Blue!!! Make the purchase proud!!!
I may try to sneak some blue into my attire under my red and black tonight in support of PT.
mysonis55 Wrote:I may try to sneak some blue into my attire under my red and black tonight in support of PT.
You do that, I might not be able to pull off red, but maybe some black!
You know our thoughts will be with yall.
I think this is one of the better matchups this week in 3A. Initially, you may look at it and automatically give the edge to South Warren with their defense holding teams to 9 points a game for the year. However, PT has played a tough schedule are more prepared for the post season. Comparing those scores in blowouts doesn't do anything for me because you never know how long starters played and things of that nature. What does catch my attention is what PT has done since their last loss. After they got beat by Madisonville-North Hopkins on October 3rd they've only averaged giving up 7 points a game on defense, and their offense is putting up 50 points a game since October 3rd. It looks to me like those tough games are paying off and I think PT pulls this one out by 10 or so points.
52 smash Wrote:Hmmm interesting ranking showing strength of schedule.http://https://www.truerank.org/2014-ky-football-class-rankings-nov-10-16.html

Are you referring to Tilghman being 36th in Strength of Schedule and South Warren being 168th?
We at Tilghman appreciate the kind words and good wishes from the Mayfield faithful. You guys are and always have been a class act from your coach and your players on down to your fans. I wish you all luck tonight and hope you keep on doing what you do all the way thru Bowling Green. Bring home another title in December! Oh and by the way- when are you guys going to have the "rebuilding year" I keep hearing about. Lol