Poll: who wins??
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Paducah Tilghman
52.94%
South Warren
47.06%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tilghman vs. South Warren 11/21/14
Who ya got and why??
South Warren! PT jus don't get it......
South Warren should win this one. They have 5A numbers right now and have an advantage that no one else has.
bcpc Wrote:South Warren! PT jus don't get it......

what don't they get?
South Warren they play a easier schedule and they are closer to the mountains:hilarious:
What 5a numbers u speak of and wat advantage they got...? Pt beat adair by more points although that is not a reason to despute , I gotta ask why pt couldnt beat this team...
ontopofthewest Wrote:What 5a numbers u speak of and wat advantage they got...? Pt beat adair by more points although that is not a reason to despute , I gotta ask why pt couldnt beat this team...

sooo after a lil digging it appears SW has 1249 students. 56% are boys. so they have roughly as many boys as PT has students. Big advantage. I guess PT will just forfeit now. We can't beat em LOL:HitWall::HitWall:
If PT pulls the monumental upset what does that say???HMMMM:betterthanexpected:
I'm going with Pt in the "upset". 28-14
Numbers don't mean squat. Mayfield beats bigger schools every year.
I hope PT sticks it in their ear.
SW by 7.
SW averaged 498 male students for last 4 years. Will be 8th biggest school in 4A. Lot closer to 5A than 3A.
my take on it….PT D is a little suspect against a really good O. They will give up 28 to SW i think. That being said SW has not seen an O this balanced. The only game they played that had a passing game the squeaked out a victory but barely. i think the score depends on the young QB for PT. He is a 3 year starter and has been to 2 regional championships. I think he might be ready to lead his team over the hump. sooo if PT takes care of the ball i say PT-35
SW-28
if I recall PT beat them last yr and then got smacked by Wayne
cuppett777 Wrote:if I recall PT beat them last yr and then got smacked by Wayne
You are correct, that was when all heck broke loose with the former coaching staff. Three days before that game, current DC Shanks was "relieved" of his job. Shanks was the glue in that team. They also turned the offensive play calling over to the middle school coach for that game, --yes---, I said the -middle school- coach.
And the results were just as one would expect..............

I really hated it for that group of talented seniors.
But it did bring times of change.
South Warren 28-14
mayfield_9 Wrote:Numbers don't mean squat. Mayfield beats bigger schools every year.
I hope PT sticks it in their ear.

Tilghman will be looking through their ear holes.
pjdoug Wrote:Tilghman will be looking through their ear holes.

That's what a lot of people said last year-
Tilghman plays about 16 kids. I have not seen a smaller, skinnier team in any class all year long. I have seen 8th grade teams with more size. But, this team has shown as much improvement as any high school team I have seen.

With a different bounce or two, PT would have two more victories than their record shows. They beat a good Graves and so-so Henderson. They hung with a very good Madisonville North team and have not been tested at all in any of their 3A games. PT is not going to overpower anyone and big O/D lines have been a problem for them.

On a neutral field, this is an even game but I will give SW a 10-17 pt edge at home. Why the odd number? Because I think SW will kick a field goal at the end of the game as a statement to offset last year's outcome.
truebluefan89 Wrote:That's what a lot of people said last year-

I say it this year. just to talk trash :biglmao:
Tica Wrote:Tilghman plays about 16 kids. I have not seen a smaller, skinnier team in any class all year long. I have seen 8th grade teams with more size. But, this team has shown as much improvement as any high school team I have seen.

With a different bounce or two, PT would have two more victories than their record shows. They beat a good Graves and so-so Henderson. They hung with a very good Madisonville North team and have not been tested at all in any of their 3A games. PT is not going to overpower anyone and big O/D lines have been a problem for them.

On a neutral field, this is an even game but I will give SW a 10-17 pt edge at home. Why the odd number? Because I think SW will kick a field goal at the end of the game as a statement to offset last year's outcome.

that sounds about right but Tilghman could surprise and win.
PT in a close one.
PT has improved in great strides. Four weeks ago no one thought this would even be a game, now I believe it will be a good one.
The key to this one will be on the line of scrimmage, if Tilghman can handle the SW front, they could win with their offense, if not they will lose.
Love the job Rogers has done. Don't think PT has the size and line play to hang on for 4 Quarters,

SW 34
PT 20
Look tilghman doesnt have a unblemished record but they have to be the favored here... they have played arguably one of the toughest schedules in the state.. theyve both played 3 three same teams..., monroe, trigg, adair...
Paducah
33-7 over monroe
57-7 over adair
45-0 over trigg.

When added up that is 135-14. Subtract those two numbers and u get a point differance of 121

S. Warren
49-14 over monroe
42-12 over adair
54-28 over trigg

When added up that is 145-54. Subtract an u get a point diff of 91

Now divide these two numbers ,121 by paducah and 91 by s.warren , by 3 cause it was 3 games played.. you come up with ... paducah 40.3 and s.warren 30.3.... so by these three games Pt should have the edge by 10pts on even field.

S.warren out scored these opponents by ten more pts than PT, but they allowed 40 more points on defence... PT beat a arguably better s.warren team last year 8-7 at home. With new coach taking the storm Confusedtrom:to s.warren this year I say PT will touch down in Warren co. with no warning and place a mark on a unblemished record..

38-27 PT
ontopofthewest Wrote:Look tilghman doesnt have a unblemished record but they have to be the favored here... they have played arguably one of the toughest schedules in the state.. theyve both played 3 three same teams..., monroe, trigg, adair...
Paducah
33-7 over monroe
57-7 over adair
45-0 over trigg.

When added up that is 135-14. Subtract those two numbers and u get a point differance of 121

S. Warren
49-14 over monroe
42-12 over adair
54-28 over trigg

38-27 PT
It's hard to read much out of teams that both teams blew out. If it was a team who played one close and the other dominated them that is one thing... or a team who beat one, but lost to the other....but when you are beating teams by 5-6 TD's it's hard to get context. It could mean SW took the foot off the gas earlier? Maybe since PT has such a small roster they had to play their starters longer on both sides of the ball?

The only game that lends itself to question of the three is Trigg County. Both teams destroyed Trigg...but PT shut them out while Trigg was able to score on the SW Starting Defense.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:It's hard to read much out of teams that both teams blew out. If it was a team who played one close and the other dominated them that is one thing... or a team who beat one, but lost to the other....but when you are beating teams by 5-6 TD's it's hard to get context. It could mean SW took the foot off the gas earlier? Maybe since PT has such a small roster they had to play their starters longer on both sides of the ball?

The only game that lends itself to question of the three is Trigg County. Both teams destroyed Trigg...but PT shut them out while Trigg was able to score on the SW Starting Defense.

Ya I agree I was just laying that out there. I believe sw does No better against the other part of PT brutial schedule id still say PT is favored. id seen somewhere that sw d would give PT fits cause of size I just dont think so...

Question though.... Ho quick is SW. Offence an defences and not just line. Backs too?
South Warren will win this one.....may be close til midway thru 3rd quarter.....but SW will steadily pull away.

IMO....Paducah is too undisciplined too pull off this victory on the road....
Trueblue, you are wrong. Check my posts all the way back to the start of the year. I have always picked PT to make it at least to the regionals or semis. I also pointed out that this year reminds me of 2009. You know what happened in 2009
Discipline is one thing PT does have under the new coaching regime. Also, I feel good with Shanks running the defense. PT is playing as well as they can play right now. It may or may not be good enough to stop South Warren but as far as being ready, they have peaked at the right time.
Tica Wrote:Discipline is one thing PT does have under the new coaching regime. Also, I feel good with Shanks running the defense. PT is playing as well as they can play right now. It may or may not be good enough to stop South Warren but as far as being ready, they have peaked at the right time.

Shanks needs to move east:please: