•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 30 Pikeville 6
Just wan to say congrats to my Panthers for winning some tough games this season against some stout and talented football teams, and NO bac2369 they didn't have the big head.
Congrats Tigers!! I have a soft spot in my heart for either team... might I add, Chirico is a heck of a coach and a good friend.

Though I could've gone without all the sirens and hoopla a block over when they got home! Haha
WOW !!!!!!!! Just interested did Pikeville have anyone out for this game ?
Those trophyies that Pikeville fans told us that they took with them every where I wonder if they left any or if they put them up till next year?
AnotherPirateTD Wrote:Same way Belfry showed up at pikeville with the game already won.

^This! People don't want to hear excuses when they are on the winning side of this but when they are on the losing side they know it's real. If the Belfry team that beat Henry Clay like they stole something came to the Pikeville game Belfry would win that game 10 out of 10 times and 5 out of that 10 would probably be lopsided. The truth is a team can just have an off night and just not show up or get caught thinking about next week. I believe that Pikeville was good enough to play for a 1a championship and if the Pikeville team we got to see on several occasions this year showed up to this game tonight I believe they beat Paintsville with ease. This same thing happened to Lawrence County this season against Raceland. The kids heads were not in that game and we just had a bad gameplan but if the Bulldogs and Rams play that game 10 times it should be very close every time IMO. This is a real thing and it can happen to any team I don't care how good you are. ANY TEAM CAN BE BEAT ON ANY GIVEN NIGHT!
No one seen this coming.

That's why they toss the coin and line up 11 guys on each side of the ball.
It's decided by the "Boys of Fall" on the field, not by those of us who like to get on Forums such as this and run our mouths, re-live our past or whatever drives us to post or comment on here.

Great win Tigers but I hope it's your last W for the season, but if you can grab a win in RAMLAND, I will be a Tiger fan the rams under of the season !!!!!!!!!
Panther Thunder Wrote:Congratulations to the Tiger players and staff.

Heads up, Panthers. This one will hurt for a long time, find a way to get up and keep moving the program forward. Hail Pikeville!

I guess the recruiting will start tomorrow. Are you still carrying papers around to sign up transfers for the next year? Have you consider a screening process before next year?

I guess the recruits threw the game. Football is over for the year. When are you sending them back?.....:hilarious:

Hail Paintsville.....LOL.
Way to go Joe. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Proud of the effort by the Tigers.
Where's Baseball1974? He's been pretty confident about his Panthers all year and has used that tough schedule scenario to the max. Wonder what his take on the game is?
AnotherPirateTD Wrote:Same way Belfry showed up at pikeville with the game already won.

Belfry got what they deserved that night and Pikeville got it tonight...No argument from me.
Spuds Wrote:I guess the recruiting will start tomorrow. Are you still carrying papers around to sign up transfers for the next year? Have you consider a screening process before next year?

I guess the recruits threw the game. Football is over for the year. When are you sending them back?.....:hilarious:

Hail Paintsville.....LOL.

Classy....
Pikeville loses some talented players but they do return some solid talent for next year..
bac2369 Wrote:Pikeville loses some talented players but they do return some solid talent for next year..

True on both accounts.
Is it true that Daric Pugh didn't play tonight?
Panther Thunder Wrote:Congratulations to the Tiger players and staff.

Heads up, Panthers. This one will hurt for a long time, find a way to get up and keep moving the program forward. Hail Pikeville!

Coach Mac will have them ready for next year.
A lot of talk over my way about WYMT tonight. Some people got a little aggravated that they only stayed for like, a quarter, and only showed PC offensive highlights (because we had one play in the first quarter, I think, and scored - not that I really care though, I think they do alright with us) but I thought Paintsville got the shaft pretty hard by them. If I'm WYMT and I show up to cover that game with the score being tight, I call whoever gives my assignment and see if I can stick around. This is one of the biggest upsets and turnarounds I ever remember in HS football, you wouldn't have known it on Sports OT last night.
Who did Paintsville have in this game that didn't play last game against Pikeville?
The fraud has been exposed, way to much credit was given to a win over a unhealthy Belfry squad.
does paintsville get a home game or have to travel now
eagles2011 Wrote:does paintsville get a home game or have to travel now

They travel to Raceland next week to play in the Regional Championship.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Who did Paintsville have in this game that didn't play last game against Pikeville?

Like I said on another post. This is a different team.. Had two linesman back , the center that played last game was moved to guard and add#8 and a healthy #20. That's what was different than last time..great job by the tigers defense and a well coached game..
Meoff jack Wrote:Hey Bryson your move to pikeville really helped u go farther this year in football didn't it bub. Imagine if you would have stayed with your true friends and played what could have happened . Benefitted it you and the panthers well , made it to 2nd round of playoffs then got bent over just like ur old hawk teammates did.
Childish. Enjoy your twice annual beat down against Belfry much? Posters like you are exactly what I was referring to in terms of gloaters. I don't mind trash-talking, part of being a fan. But stuff like this is exactly why I'm glad my kids play sports at Pikeville. At least they learn to win or lose with class. You obviously must be a student or a very recent graduate, especially with your screen name. Tells me you probably don't have a girlfriend either, unless you count Rosey Palmer.
Gator95 Wrote:Is it true that Daric Pugh didn't play tonight?
He played.
Meoff jack Wrote:The program takes a step back with a loss like this in the second round of the playoffs especially with all those supplements those kids are taking. They should have beat paintsville just as bad as they did first time . This is What happens when u to worried bout how much u bench or how good ur next opponent was going to be . Instead of being concerned at the task at hand
Lol. You've convinced me you must really be a student/child. Get off momma's computer.
Congrats Paintsville.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:Where's Baseball1974? He's been pretty confident about his Panthers all year and has used that tough schedule scenario to the max. Wonder what his take on the game is?

I'm right here. I actually went to a game last night and I was shocked to see this score. I think you have me confused with someone else when you say "my panthers?" I'm not a Pikeville fan. I actually posted several times on wanting to see this game happen because of the improvement Paintsville has made. I still thought Pikeville would win this game, but I thought it'd be much closer than the first game. Everyone was pretty confident that Coach Chirico had made overwhelming improvements, but nobody would have guessed this. It speaks to their mental toughness as well as their willingness and ability to "buy-in" to a system. A 74 point turnaround is something that hasn't been done in KY. I think Coach Chirico solidified himself as a top pick for "Coach of the Year" this season. I think Pikeville has more talent than Paintsville overall, but mentally Paintsville beat them and executed their gameplan to beat them. The post season is a funny ride, and this is a great example of how important it is to plan and play one game at a time. This is a huge win for Paintsville and high school football as well. I'd love to see them continue it, but I love Raceland as well and I'd be happy with either one.
Good job Paintsville
TongueirateShoTongueirateSho
Samiam Wrote:So jetpilot has seen more and knows more. I guess he gets to see and know more basketball now.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:im still shocked by this score. with this happening, it makes me almost glad that Raceland had to really fight to win against Fairview again. hopefully keeps us from getting the big head. Pikeville was my pick to rep the east. Paintsville was my sleeper that seems to have finally woke up. Can someone tell me what the difference was to cause a nearly 80 point turnaround? this just doesnt happen. Raceland thumped Pikeville 54-12 at home then lost in OT by 6 AT Pikeville in the playoffs. But that game was on the road and it took OT to decide the winner. this game never seemed to be in question. Has the offense changed? Bc the offense that I saw against Raceland in the regular season was dormant. Extremely happy for Paintsville! Go tigers...till about 6 days and 18 hours from now. Enjoy this one!!

I was told by a Raceland fan that Pikeville just simply did not like contact.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Do you guys think we will ever hear from Jet again or is he finished?
Please come back Jet please!!!!

I think he crashed :flame: someone said he had great difficulty getting airborne, seems he was loaded with metal throphies or something.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next