Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hardest Hitters you have ever saw in Kentucky High School Football
Considering that Mike Mitchell of the Steelers is considered the hardest hitting safety in the NFL, and he started blowing up the competition at the little school at Ft.Thomas Highlands,I guess he is the hardest hitting that most anyone here should have seen.
Cory Shouse - Pike County Central/Breathitt County

Josh Reynolds Lynn Camp 2002-2005 just ask anyone from the 2005 Middlesboro team.
bac2369 Wrote:Hazard- Bj Combs, Bart Teague,Zack Blanton,Aaron Moore, Mikael Canpbell and Austin Blanton..

PCC Matt Robinson, Cody Campbell,Daryll Beatty..

BJ Combs would flat knock you out! I remember the hazard Shs game at hazard in 2011
When storm wilson drilled combs and they knocked each other out! one of the hardest hits I've ever seen live.
Stardust Wrote:Considering that Mike Mitchell of the Steelers is considered the hardest hitting safety in the NFL, and he started blowing up the competition at the little school at Ft.Thomas Highlands,I guess he is the hardest hitting that most anyone here should have seen.

He only played a couple games for Highlands. He also played for Boone County and CovCath.
Dennis Lafferty .....Prestonsburg....1997
RoShamBo Wrote:Andrew Hopewell- Danville. Hatz, I need your help on that one to make sure I got the name right and if you could also confirm that he was the same guy that used to bring the wood on Kentucky's kickoff/punt team in the early 2000s it would be appreciated.

I'll need help from a Harlan fan but the Green Dragons had a kid who was a senior in 2004 who would just destroy people. Anderson was his last name, I think.

Jake Anderson. Probably the strongest kid I've ever seen from around here.
Some of the best I've seen....

Bob Mcqilham - Cumberland
Sanford Baskin - Cumberland
George Massey - Cumberland
John Luttrell - Harlan
Frank Shoupe - Harlan (all 160 pounds of him)
Jake Anderson - Harlan
David Hensley - Cawood
Thomas Goss - Harlan
Floyd Branham - Middlesboro
Randy Frazier - Whitesburg

Probably missed a bunch....
a long list of Whitley County playersSmile
mysonis55 Wrote:Jonathan Jackson. Rarely do you see a kid hit someone so hard the pierce their own liver.

Confusedtare:
Jet Carter from East Carter has broken 2 facemasks in his career can some one say Owen Shmitt?
Jerrold Fuqua, Caldwell County.
ask Tim Couch this question Confusednicker:
Sammy Harp-Clay Co.(early to mid 80s)
cctiger Wrote:I would put mike Mitchell against anybody. Put a kid in the hospital for emergency surgey and hit another kid so hard he was coughing up blood.

Absolutely the hardest hitter I have ever seen in a HS game! The kid you are talking about coughing up blood is probably the hit he put on a kid in a playoff game (can't remember the school but will never forget the hit), it was in the endzone and would have been a TD. Mike destroyed the poor kid and he went to hospital with a lacerated liver. I have never seen a hit anywhere close to that hit, it was scary.
UK1fan Wrote:He only played a couple games for Highlands. He also played for Boone County and CovCath.

He played a whole season at HHS. He played more than a couple, he only missed a few games, maybe 2 at beginning and the state championship game.
pjdoug Wrote:ask Tim Couch this question Confusednicker:

Please explain?
sstack Wrote:Please explain?

I'm not Tim so I cant :biggrin:
Remember this name Dalton Williams.. He's just a freshman at Bourbon Countny.. He's linebacker and man does he bring the mail when he gets in the game...
I nominate my vote for East Carters very own JETT CARTER! This kid will knock the absolute snot out of you, he serves more pancakes than IHOP and has a couple of serious colleges looking at him. This kid has been doing work all year and goes 100% every play, and I can't believe we get him another year!
sstack Wrote:He played a whole season at HHS. He played more than a couple, he only missed a few games, maybe 2 at beginning and the state championship game.

Quit talking about it before Bell fans see it and come on here demanding that state trophy be dropped off on Log Mountain.

I was at that game BTW.
Prestonsburg had several in the early 90's that would absolutely knock your head off. I can't remember all the names but Todd Clark sticks out to me.
Ryan Pfeiffer for CovCath, if for no other reason than this hit:

[Image: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl...kEL45b8KPI]

I think Noah Gibson still gets dizzy when he walks because of it.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Quit talking about it before Bell fans see it and come on here demanding that state trophy be dropped off on Log Mountain.

I was at that game BTW.

For what it is worth, I believe he should not have been allowed to play at HHS, it was pretty obvious he transfered just for football. However the school was just following what the courts told them to do. And he obviously was a great HS player who was getting the shaft at CCH, can't blame him and his family for wanting him to get a chance to play in HS, which at CCH he was not.
I've been watching high school football for 30 years. There are 4 people that come to mind that every time they hit you they tried to hurt you.

Grayson Smith-Magoffin County

Seth Hyden-Preatonsburg

Fred Dean-Lawrence County

John Rader-Breathitt County

These four guys changed the game in the 90's. Coaches literally had to gameplan for the safety of some of their players.
Troy Taz Thomas brought the heat from Williamsburg. He was a killer as a pulling guard getting out in front and way laying everybody who got in his way. Eric Hopkins hit the ground harder than anybody I have seen when he got bull rushed.
bac2369 Wrote:Hazard- Bj Combs, Bart Teague,Zack Blanton,Aaron Moore, Mikael Canpbell and Austin Blanton..

PCC Matt Robinson, Cody Campbell,Daryll Beatty..

BJ Combs was a heat seeking missile.
Floyd Branham from middlesboro. Guy was a freak
irishcard16 Wrote:Josh Dixon and Derrick Pauley are the 2 that come to mind from Belfry.

Dixon and Bostic were the two that immediately came to my mind and if you count an offensive player, Doug Howard. The Howard stiff arm has been well chronicled.
Breathitt County's John Rader, shorty Combs, Jeremiah Chapman, Randy Clemens, Clayton Smith. Ah heck every defensive team Breathitt had from 1995 till 2004 had the potential to knock heads. I do remember a game in particular when the bobcats played Middlesboro in 04 I believe and that was a hard hitting game from the bobcats. Middlesboro Mike Idol, and the #4 on the 03 team if someone from Mboro can help me out. A lot of good defensive players in the late 90s early 2000s...recent I would have to say John Dudley, and the Robinson kid from perry. Shouse from breathitt.