Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hardest Hitters you have ever saw in Kentucky High School Football
Who from your high school was the hardest hitters of all times? This is always fun poll to read!
Michael Tackett------------Johnson Central
Ky rock oh wait that is the biggest mouth not hitter LOL
Larry Morris--------------------Prestonsburg
Neat thread. Overal Ron Blune was very Physical.
Others that stick out

Josh Adkins, Ian Holbrook, JT Forrest, Johny Forrest, Scott McKenzie, and Benji Mullins from Raceland were all rough.

Ive only seen it on film bc it was before i was born but Scott Speaks from the late 80s Raceland class was probably the hardest hitter to come out of Raceland. He was a preferd walk on at LB at Louisville i believe. Larry Massey was tough as well.

Ty Law of Greenups early 2000s was a hitter. Thetes been a bunch of "farm boys" that were/are really rough in our area.
Middle linebacker on Middlesboro state title team. Was it 1998?
Iam4thecats Wrote:Middle linebacker on Middlesboro state title team. Was it 1998?

Floyd Branham?
Breathitt County used to have some guys that would straight stick you. John Rader comes to mind.

Dante West of Lawrence County used to light people up from his DB spot.

Matt Maynard and Chris Wolford were the two biggest hitters I remember from Belfry. Wolford laid the two biggest hits I have ever seen by a Belfry player. One was on a kid from Madison Southern and the other was the poor QB from Pike Central. Maynard had some big hits on defense but he was the King of the crack back block.
Simon Kenton line backer Barry Deaton.
Aaron Watts, McCreary Central. Would flat take your head off.
Matt Robinson - Perry Central
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Breathitt County used to have some guys that would straight stick you. John Rader comes to mind.

Matt Maynard and Chris Wolford were the two biggest hitters I remember from Belfry. Wolford laid the two biggest hits I have ever seen by a Belfry player. One was on a kid from Madison Southern and the other was the poor QB from Pike Central. Maynard had some big hits on defense but he was the King of the crack back block.

Played with Wolford, disagree.
The Laurel County fans I know, say Darin McWhorter, who played back in the late 80's when it was Laurel County, was one of the hardest hitting high school players ever in that area. I remember seeing him play at Union College years ago when I was in HS - he left an impression with a lot of us HS kids from Barbourville, that went to the Union College games. Found out the other night he is a coach at North Laurel HS now. We have been taking in some of the North games this season. (Small World)! :Thumbs:
Blake Asher from leslie county is tough
[YOUTUBE="Matt Robinson 2011"]?v=6JjV4Hqb6E4&[/YOUTUBE]
Bobby McIlquham- Cumberland Redskins
Josh Dixon and Derrick Pauley are the 2 that come to mind from Belfry.
And Tyler Bostic.
Matt Thompson at Russell was a load, was All-Area player of the year in his class in Daily Independent his senior year and played linebacker and on the offensive line, gotta be pretty good to win something like that and not be a QB/RB/WR. Hit like a ton of bricks.
JD Harmon and Rashad Brown, Paducah Tilghman
I would put mike Mitchell against anybody. Put a kid in the hospital for emergency surgey and hit another kid so hard he was coughing up blood.
For Pikeville. Virgil Ray- LB. Tim Honaker- DT/OT
DeAnthony Honaker- Dt/OT Bobby Deramus/NG.
Andrew Hopewell- Danville. Hatz, I need your help on that one to make sure I got the name right and if you could also confirm that he was the same guy that used to bring the wood on Kentucky's kickoff/punt team in the early 2000s it would be appreciated.

I'll need help from a Harlan fan but the Green Dragons had a kid who was a senior in 2004 who would just destroy people. Anderson was his last name, I think.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Breathitt County used to have some guys that would straight stick you. John Rader comes to mind.

I remember Wolford laying that hit on Pike central QB. After making it to the sideline he puked his guts out.
Crit Callebs ....Bell co 91-94 I think Watching him at linebacker and cracking back down the return wall on punt returns was almost scary to watch
probably owes some parents for their children's dental bills. Kid only weighed about 150 pounds also.
Safety for Shelby Valley named Dillon Hughes from the class of 2009. Kid could've played middle linebacker had he not ran a 4.5 and had a 40 inch vertical. Great player. Got some college offers but didn't have the grades to go. Use to love watching him wreck people. Never seen a DB hit that hard.
Jonathan Jackson. Rarely do you see a kid hit someone so hard the pierce their own liver.
Hazard- Bj Combs, Bart Teague,Zack Blanton,Aaron Moore, Mikael Canpbell and Austin Blanton..

PCC Matt Robinson, Cody Campbell,Daryll Beatty..
RoShamBo Wrote:Andrew Hopewell- Danville. Hatz, I need your help on that one to make sure I got the name right and if you could also confirm that he was the same guy that used to bring the wood on Kentucky's kickoff/punt team in the early 2000s it would be appreciated.

I'll need help from a Harlan fan but the Green Dragons had a kid who was a senior in 2004 who would just destroy people. Anderson was his last name, I think.

Yeah that's who it was he transferred from harrodsburg.
Robert Reynolds linebacker from Bowling Green. Started on Ohio State's National Championship team and later played for the Titans. A man amongst boys!