Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski Co @ Madison Southern 10/10
topnotch Wrote:Something is just not right, Harris may or may not be out, the injury he got did not require surgery, This game will be the biggest game and have more meaning for him self, school, and most of all his team. If he is that fragile I am not real sure about this, I think it is A go. if it is not, I have seen A lot of kids hurt but play through it. We will see.

You know, I hate when I think like this, but there's a part of me that agrees with you. This is arguably the biggest game of your life so far, this IS the biggest game of your teammates' lives. I'm not saying he's not hurt whatsoever, only basing on what I've seen. There's a difference in being "hurt" and being "injured." He's already bailed out of 2 games this year (1 of those where he returned just long enough to win it?). I'm not sure how elite colleges view that, I can't think it would be in a positive light. Although I know I shouldn't, I will be very skeptical if he sits this week and comes out with 300 yards and 4 TD's against North Laurel next week. I've seen his body language after he takes hits and I'd be all over it if I were a defensive player. Pulaski's defense will see it and take advantage as they've been taught. With that said, I hope he can go Friday night. It's going to be an awesome atmosphere! Good luck and may both teams have an injury-free game!

With Harris...Pulaski 44-28
Without Harris...Pulaski 56-7
Was this game originally scheduled for Pulaski County?
All the talk of whose playing who isn't is a waste of time. The fact is if you can walk you're playing in this game. To much on the line, not counting a spot on national television. I'm sure Pulaski is not buying into the he not playing, it's just blowing smoke. Harris will play, and I'm taking Pulaski 34-20.
adopted purple Wrote:Was this game originally scheduled for Pulaski County?

Yes. I was told that the venue changed because of the ESPN coverage.

I don't know ANYTHING for certain; you need to ask someone who does.
ESPN wanted it played on turf in case of rain.
Damien is NOT PLAYING...done deal.
FarristownFlyer Wrote:Damien is NOT PLAYING...done deal.

I knew he wouldn't, like I said kids on crutches on Tuesday ain't gonna play. Imo kids knees is hurt worst then anyone is saying. Just because no one is releasing his injury status doesn't mean he isn't legitimately hurt.
I just hope and pray that he will be 100% very very soon.

It would be tragic to see this kid's talent not able to be used!
He may not play but he will still be all they talk about. It will still be the Damien Harris show

Sad I was hoping he would play hope he gets better soon
just lost alot of viewers if its still on tv
If ESPN does end up cancelling this killing, it should be moved back to Pulaski.
Still say he's playing. No way he misses this game and then plays next week. If he does not play the injury is worse than what is being said, probably causing him to miss a significant amount of games.
At least all of America's ESPNU viewers will become acquainted with Kentucky's "running clock" rule before half-time.

Harris isn't playing (rightly so), and this one is over before it even started. A little surprised the network execs haven't pulled the plug on this thing, but that would be bad PR.

Bite the bullet, televise the debacle and move on.
Hate that this showcase game for Kentucky HS football is becoming a flop.
Would be highly surprised if Harris doesnt play a few downs. Dont understand what the big secret is whether he is playing or not. Doesnt matter. He will finish his career never have beaten Pulaski.
I don't buy it. I think they are making a show of things. Won't be surprised if Damien doesn't dress during warm ups, and comes out for kickoff to add to the hype. My Maroons will be ready. And HUNGRY. They are pissed off from their performance last week, rightfully should be.

Everyone in the nation wants to see him play. If he skips this week and comes back next week and rushes for 300+, it's a little cowardly in my opinion.
The game will go on regardless of who plays. They don't have a backup game to go to. These games are part of a series this year called 1's vs 2's. There has been some blowouts and mismatches. Plus, it's not cheap to cover these games. The game will be televised!
adopted purple Wrote:The game will go on regardless of who plays. They don't have a backup game to go to. These games are part of a series this year called 1's vs 2's. There has been some blowouts and mismatches. Plus, it's not cheap to cover these games. The game will be televised!

Agreed. If they did same as they did with Lex cath, contract has already been signed for a while. I'm sure they don't want to do it with Harris not playing but to late now.
I still say he doesn't play and is hurt worse than being said. Just a hunch.
I have my doubts, I sure hope he is ok, I smell A fish. I know his injury did not require surgery, I saw him in the Whitley Co. game come out twice, due to A severe limp, but re entered the game each time ran like crazy
I certainly do not want any to believe I am A Grinch, I hope he is fine and he plays. I know A kid who came out for pregame warm ups on crutches, he returned the opening kick off 85 yards, I personally believe he plays.
Rocksolid Dean is not out.
I heard tonight Harris is fine. Said he's a go for tomorrow. I don't know what to believe.
I'm just gonna record it and see who plays and who doesn't. It's good publicity for the whole state.
I'm gonna go but not expecting to see Harris. FarristownFlyer is definitely a insider, I'll trust what he says until that proves me wrong.
it is what it is good luck to the young man, I think he will get the scholarship of his choice I don't think he will play A lot of next level football, Just my opinion. I know he has A god given talent, I also know that talent is physical, not mental. I have seen this before, it is not a bad reflection on the kid what so ever, I love football just like you, I hope I am wrong he would have A good influence on Ky High School Football. If the coach is playing mind games with this that is totally different, I am not sure as good as he is that Pulaski Co could not neturalize him. I think Pulaski will win the game with or without his contribution.
ataclance Wrote:I'm gonna go but not expecting to see Harris. FarristownFlyer is definitely a insider, I'll trust what he says until that proves me wrong.

I'll say this...people within the school do not know what's going on either. NOBODY except Damien and Coach Clark know...to be continued...
With a district title at stake..I dont know how he doesnt play even at 75% health. Thats what a team player does. Not many here in Pulaski Co believe for a minute he is going to sit this one out.
I hope he can play. We all know he is the main reason this game is being seen on a nation stage. He will get his exposure, but it also helps give other deserving players exposure they wouldn't get if this game weren't on ESPNU. With or without Harris, PC will win this game. To many weapons on offense and defense.
With or without, Pulaski will put a beat down on MS..
UGLY
Got the DVR set. Hope he plays so I can watch him against a very good Pulaski team.
FarristownFlyer Wrote:I'll say this...people within the school do not know what's going on either. NOBODY except Damien and Coach Clark know...to be continued...

Did you not say that it was a DONE DEAL that Harris was out? LOL. :popcorn: