Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski Co @ Madison Southern 10/10
Wildcat18 Wrote:Did you not say that it was a DONE DEAL that Harris was out? LOL. :popcorn:

I did Wildcat...but he was walking around school gingerly and not getting positive vibes...I'll know when the rest of America knows tonight...I'll be there like I always am...this has been the most talked about thing that I can remember...I was told NO by a coach and I do think that HE WON'T PLAY!!!
Well I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he has recovered enough to at least be in the game long enough to make a great impression and represent Madison Southern!!
FarristownFlyer Wrote:I did Wildcat...but he was walking around school gingerly and not getting positive vibes...I'll know when the rest of America knows tonight...I'll be there like I always am...this has been the most talked about thing that I can remember...I was told NO by a coach and I do think that HE WON'T PLAY!!!

FF we have had our disagreements in the past, but I am with you on this one. No one but Harris, Coach, and his mom know. I just know that from my experience if the kid is on crutches week of game, its pretty much a done deal. Not always but most. I have/had been a coach alot longer then some on here have been alive! lol tells my age.
I believe Pulaski will win, I would of said the same with Damien Harris. Madison Southern defense is not good, and Southwestern showed that if South Laurel hadn't the week before.
I will be at the game tonight rain or shine, to see if Harris does play and see a good game. Although I say Pulaski pulls away late. 41-24
What time will this game be on ESPNU ?
pjdoug Wrote:what time will this game be on espnu ?

6:30
FarristownFlyer Wrote:I did Wildcat...but he was walking around school gingerly and not getting positive vibes...I'll know when the rest of America knows tonight...I'll be there like I always am...this has been the most talked about thing that I can remember...I was told NO by a coach and I do think that HE WON'T PLAY!!!

Id say you would know.

Usually a DR holds kids out for 1-2 weeks for precaution. Id guess he wants to be 100% before he ever comes back and not risk a sprain into a tear and miss out on his fresh yr of college due to rehab for a blown knee for coming back too soon.
ataclance Wrote:FF we have had our disagreements in the past, but I am with you on this one. No one but Harris, Coach, and his mom know. I just know that from my experience if the kid is on crutches week of game, its pretty much a done deal. Not always but most. I have/had been a coach alot longer then some on here have been alive! lol tells my age.
I believe Pulaski will win, I would of said the same with Damien Harris. Madison Southern defense is not good, and Southwestern showed that if South Laurel hadn't the week before.
I will be at the game tonight rain or shine, to see if Harris does play and see a good game. Although I say Pulaski pulls away late. 41-24

Those are the only three that know! I will say this I think the pressure is building on the other kids at Madison Southern. Damien and Dean didn't play the 2nd half the other night and still had a chance to win, but I think these kids understand that the goals they set can't happen without those 2 boys (the Dean kid can flat play). Damien posted on his twitter the other night that he's tired of people sneaking pictures of him and he is having a hard time going out in public now. Damien is still a 17 year old kid and as mature as he is AND HE IS VERY MATURE ACTING, its hard. There HAS NEVER been another high school football player getting the attention that he is getting with social media etc. always surrounding this kid. I really feel like after talking with him he's ready for high school to be over and get on a college campus where he can share the spotlight with his college teammates. I think that the coaches and administration have done a good job keeping the bulk of people away from him, but they can't be with him 24/7. This kid is a once in a generation player and this knee has scared him a bit and he's ready to move on IMO.
FarristownFlyer Wrote:6:30

Thanks Smile
FarristownFlyer Wrote:Those are the only three that know! I will say this I think the pressure is building on the other kids at Madison Southern. Damien and Dean didn't play the 2nd half the other night and still had a chance to win, but I think these kids understand that the goals they set can't happen without those 2 boys (the Dean kid can flat play). Damien posted on his twitter the other night that he's tired of people sneaking pictures of him and he is having a hard time going out in public now. Damien is still a 17 year old kid and as mature as he is AND HE IS VERY MATURE ACTING, its hard. There HAS NEVER been another high school football player getting the attention that he is getting with social media etc. always surrounding this kid. I really feel like after talking with him he's ready for high school to be over and get on a college campus where he can share the spotlight with his college teammates. I think that the coaches and administration have done a good job keeping the bulk of people away from him, but they can't be with him 24/7. This kid is a once in a generation player and this knee has scared him a bit and he's ready to move on IMO.

Id say you are dead on. Talking to folks in the area mostly coaches that I know. From what they know, hear, talk about you are right.
Just told that Harris is not playing tonight and in fact is out a few weeks.
ESPN sure got screwed on that deal
Sadly, this has been one of the most boring games of high school football ive ever seen on tv.
I don't know if its the weather or what, but both teams look very unprepared and extremely nervous.
I would say it's a strong mixture of both. Turnover after turnover!
Score?
29-0 Pulaski County. 4th quarter just started.
Really bad game. Period
35-0 Pulaski. Final! Mother Nature wins this game