Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence Co. 48 Breathitt Co. 27
The truth is breathitt and LC both have had this type of reputation for years. I have no doubt that breathitt knew ahead of time if they rattled the Dalton kid he would retaliate. Ever athlete know the retaliation always gets caught. Our coach would always preach in those situations it is much more beneficial to say "look at the scoreboard" rather than risk your reputation. As a retired college recruiter I have seen many kids either lose scholarships or have to play at a lower level because of this happening one time. What do you think q college coach is going to say after watching that game film? We use to have enough respect for our coaches and teammates to let our play do all the fighting that was needed. This is embarrassing by both sides, and just chalking it up to adolescents or blaming an official does those kids no good what so ever. They are all responsible for their actions regardless of the situation. If they had a choice between one on-field fight in high school or a college scholarship, I hope they pick they latter, and that is what should be drilled in their heads. It does fall on the coaches as well as parents and everyone else. You think after a coach and their team get that type of reputation a college will ever want another player of his? No!
baseball1974 Wrote:The truth is breathitt and LC both have had this type of reputation for years. I have no doubt that breathitt knew ahead of time if they rattled the Dalton kid he would retaliate. Ever athlete know the retaliation always gets caught. Our coach would always preach in those situations it is much more beneficial to say "look at the scoreboard" rather than risk your reputation. As a retired college recruiter I have seen many kids either lose scholarships or have to play at a lower level because of this happening one time. What do you think q college coach is going to say after watching that game film? We use to have enough respect for our coaches and teammates to let our play do all the fighting that was needed. This is embarrassing by both sides, and just chalking it up to adolescents or blaming an official does those kids no good what so ever. They are all responsible for their actions regardless of the situation. If they had a choice between one on-field fight in high school or a college scholarship, I hope they pick they latter, and that is what should be drilled in their heads. It does fall on the coaches as well as parents and everyone else. You think after a coach and their team get that type of reputation a college will ever want another player of his? No!

As for the 1st bolded.........prove it! What is all this history of fighting that Lawrence county has that is any more then most high school teams. As for the 2nd bolded I think hauling off and kicking a kid in the back of the leg out of anger because he is a better athlete and shut you down all night long goes just a little bit above getting someone rattled! As for the 3rd bolded prove it because I and probably 90% of the people on here don't believe you, I can come on here and say that I'm anything or anybody. And as for the 4th bolded............"are you serious" what school did you allegedly recruit for and how long have you been retired for? Have you seen the straight up drive by street thugs that the NCAA teams recruit this day and time. Some of these kids have gang related tattoos and everything but then we act shocked when they do drugs and get caught up in gang related crime and stuff. When you said that NCAA coaches don't want kids with a bad reputation is when I knew you were full of it on bolded #3! Either you are full of it or have been retired for about 50 years. I lol'd so hard on #3 man go troll somewhere else because like I said your just not very good at it.
:gtfo::popcorn:
All I can say is that if 1974 is talking about baseball recruits, he is 100% spot on. A college recruiter will watch your actions when you are not even on the field, maybe just how you sit in the dugout. Perhaps nothing more than just your body language ...That's a pure fact GG.

As for some of his other allegations, look no further than the mental state of the fan base on message boards. You've got one Lawence nut on here saying "fightings good, that'll get em all fired up" . Uh, nuff said!! :insane:

I still say it's the water down there.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Do-double-gg Wrote:As for the 1st bolded.........prove it! What is all this history of fighting that Lawrence county has that is any more then most high school teams. As for the 2nd bolded I think hauling off and kicking a kid in the back of the leg out of anger because he is a better athlete and shut you down all night long goes just a little bit above getting someone rattled! As for the 3rd bolded prove it because I and probably 90% of the people on here don't believe you, I can come on here and say that I'm anything or anybody. And as for the 4th bolded............"are you serious" what school did you allegedly recruit for and how long have you been retired for? Have you seen the straight up drive by street thugs that the NCAA teams recruit this day and time. Some of these kids have gang related tattoos and everything but then we act shocked when they do drugs and get caught up in gang related crime and stuff. When you said that NCAA coaches don't want kids with a bad reputation is when I knew you were full of it on bolded #3! Either you are full of it or have been retired for about 50 years. I lol'd so hard on #3 man go troll somewhere else because like I said your just not very good at it.
:gtfo::popcorn:

I have been retired for 15 years. I have coached in the Crossroads League Conference as well as The Heart of America Athletic Conference, both on the NAIA level. Your reaction is shocking because every recruiter in America will tell you the same thing. What you are referring to is mainly on the NCAA D1 level, and there are no legitimate D1 athletes on either team. There are isolated instances in the NAIA where that has happened but the good coaches with longevity will absolutely care what type of kid their getting. After seeing your response there is no question in my mind of why that type of behavior manifested itself. Controlling your emotional response to any situation is a sign of mental toughness and maturity. It is an uneducated way of looking at things if you think for one second that doesn't play into the minds of every coach. I have taken chances on kids that I was unsure about in the past. Sometimes it worked out and sometimes it didn't, but it always played a roll in decision.
Boys, move on. Old news. Let mom & Dads, coaches, take care of things
Dawgfan123 Wrote:Boys, move on. Old news. Let mom & Dads, coaches, take care of things

One thing I've noticed about the Lawrence faithful on here is that they are happy to fill up pages of posts as long as everyone agrees with them. The first sign that someone disagrees you either blow up and retaliate with some sort of personal attack or you just want to move on. Its been 36 hours so it is not old news. I do understand your reasons for wanting to move on though. Its embarrassing on both sides.
42-1 You people are still salty about that game to this day and it makes me happy!!
baseball1974 Wrote:The truth is breathitt and LC both have had this type of reputation for years. I have no doubt that breathitt knew ahead of time if they rattled the Dalton kid he would retaliate. Ever athlete know the retaliation always gets caught. Our coach would always preach in those situations it is much more beneficial to say "look at the scoreboard" rather than risk your reputation. As a retired college recruiter I have seen many kids either lose scholarships or have to play at a lower level because of this happening one time. What do you think q college coach is going to say after watching that game film? We use to have enough respect for our coaches and teammates to let our play do all the fighting that was needed. This is embarrassing by both sides, and just chalking it up to adolescents or blaming an official does those kids no good what so ever. They are all responsible for their actions regardless of the situation. If they had a choice between one on-field fight in high school or a college scholarship, I hope they pick they latter, and that is what should be drilled in their heads. It does fall on the coaches as well as parents and everyone else. You think after a coach and their team get that type of reputation a college will ever want another player of his? No!

Jealousy! College Recruiter? I didn't know Mayo Tech. had a team :biglmao:
Bob Seger Wrote:All I can say is that if 1974 is talking about baseball recruits, he is 100% spot on. A college recruiter will watch your actions when you are not even on the field, maybe just how you sit in the dugout. Perhaps nothing more than just your body language ...That's a pure fact GG.

As for some of his other allegations, look no further than the mental state of the fan base on message boards. You've got one Lawence nut on here saying "fightings good, that'll get em all fired up" . Uh, nuff said!! :insane:

I still say it's the water down there.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

And this one is a P***Y Confusednicker:
74. Do you have a team we can discuss. ?.
Wildcats14 Wrote:42-1 You people are still salty about that game to this day and it makes me happy!!

LOL:lmao: Wow dude...Breathitt won 3 state titles and a state runner-up.
What has LC done even in the same category?
I remember after that game, the LC faithful rolled into Bourbon with state-bound painted on the sides of their buses only to be beaten by a good ole' Breathitt county boy named Dudley Hilton. Breathitt looks back on state titles, LC will never be able to do that son.:flush: and to this day THAT makes me happy.
Ky Rock you keep believing that LC players and coaches do not have any personal responsibility for their actions. LC (many)always makes excuses for poor choices or losing. When you develop some personal responsibility you will earn many of the poster respect. But as long as poster like K(t)Y Rock is the voice LC will be look upon by many as just a want to be program.
KyRock Wrote:And this one is a P***Y Confusednicker:

Yeah, well I guess it would take one to know something like that...Right??

Confusedhh:
Bob Seger Wrote:Yeah, well I guess it would take one to know something like that...Right??

Confusedhh:

I'm surprised you even responded to that? They're are a class bunch
baseball1974 Wrote:I'm surprised you even responded to that? They're are a class bunch

And I'm surprised that you responded to his response. You want to talk about class yet you come in and crash every Lawrence County thread like a little kid. About the only thing you post in is Lawrence County threads so I don't even have a clue who your team is. I gues if we are going to judge the whole Lawrence County fan base, team and coaching staff from a few trolls who do this stuff then I guess we could do that with every team in the mountains because every team on BGR has trolls. The thing I just don't understand about people like some of you is you just don't have the grown up ability in you to just ignore the trolls and that is why we have trolls, for people just like you. You do know and understand that KYROCK just likes to get people riled up and is enjoying every second of this right, because if you think he is serious and really means half of what he says then you need to get trolled because you have a weak mind! Class "lol" making a remark that Lawrence county has a history of being a dirty team and fighting with nothing to back it up is real classy.

Now :gtfo: troll bait
Do-double-gg Wrote:And I'm surprised that you responded to his response. You want to talk about class yet you come in and crash every Lawrence County thread like a little kid. About the only thing you post in is Lawrence County threads so I don't even have a clue who your team is. I gues if we are going to judge the whole Lawrence County fan base, team and coaching staff from a few trolls who do this stuff then I guess we could do that with every team in the mountains because every team on BGR has trolls. The thing I just don't understand about people like some of you is you just don't have the grown up ability in you to just ignore the trolls and that is why we have trolls, for people just like you. You do know and understand that KYROCK just likes to get people riled up and is enjoying every second of this right, because if you think he is serious and really means half of what he says then you need to get trolled because you have a weak mind! Class "lol" making a remark that Lawrence county has a history of being a dirty team and fighting with nothing to back it up is real classy.
And if you would lighten up just a tad, you might be able to figure out that that is exactly what every body else does to that simpleton...Sheesh, at one time I thought you were a legit poster with a little sense, but dang, you've become just as nutty as the rest of the those dingalings that have dunk that mind altering toxic water that flows in Lawrence Co......There is nobody on this board that I can think of at the moment that gets more uptight and defensive over nothing than what you do. Get a grip on things GG.:eyeroll:

And by the way, 1974 has proven to be one of the more knowledgeable posters that have come on here in awhile...Just because you don't like what he says, don't make it not so.
Do-double-gg Wrote:And I'm surprised that you responded to his response. You want to talk about class yet you come in and crash every Lawrence County thread like a little kid. About the only thing you post in is Lawrence County threads so I don't even have a clue who your team is. I gues if we are going to judge the whole Lawrence County fan base, team and coaching staff from a few trolls who do this stuff then I guess we could do that with every team in the mountains because every team on BGR has trolls. The thing I just don't understand about people like some of you is you just don't have the grown up ability in you to just ignore the trolls and that is why we have trolls, for people just like you. You do know and understand that KYROCK just likes to get people riled up and is enjoying every second of this right, because if you think he is serious and really means half of what he says then you need to get trolled because you have a weak mind! Class "lol" making a remark that Lawrence county has a history of being a dirty team and fighting with nothing to back it up is real classy.

I think anyone that has ever played a Lawrence county team in any sport probably has a story of the dirty nature in which they play. I mean seriously, you all finally play for a state title in something and your assistant coach chest bumps an umpire in front of every big wig in the khsaa. When PRP coaching staff gets shocked by someone's behavior then you need to rethink things. Then you all think its a good idea to hire him aa you next head coach. Julian Tackett said in many interviews that it was the most unsportsmanlike act he's seen since he's been in the khsaa. I was sitting in the press box while it was happening covering the game for a local paper and everyone was appauled. A long history of that is why nobody was surprised at what happened Friday.
It may have been unsportsmanlike in what the assistant coach did in the state championship but so was the thing that the catcher did spiking the ball right beside the LC player and mouthing off to him. You failed to mention that, and I was in the stands near home plate and We all seen it. If you're going to write something post all the facts.
baseball1974 Wrote:I think anyone that has ever played a Lawrence county team in any sport probably has a story of the dirty nature in which they play. I mean seriously, you all finally play for a state title in something and your assistant coach chest bumps an umpire in front of every big wig in the khsaa. When PRP coaching staff gets shocked by someone's behavior then you need to rethink things. Then you all think its a good idea to hire him aa you next head coach. Julian Tackett said in many interviews that it was the most unsportsmanlike act he's seen since he's been in the khsaa. I was sitting in the press box while it was happening covering the game for a local paper and everyone was appauled. A long history of that is why nobody was surprised at what happened Friday.

As for bolded #1 Yep thats how we roll up here in Louisa. We set out from the get go to play dirty. The parents, coaches and school officials condone it and search out people who are willing to carry out our dastardly plan brahahahaha! As for bolded #2 what in the heck does that have to do with the football team and friday night. I don't even know what the heck you are even talking about because I don't even follow baseball? Last I checked we don't have any coaches from the baseball team on the football team. I got to see the game film and what got everything started in the Breathitt game and you did not and I don't blame a single bulldog player for anything they did because if someone did it to me then I would come out swinging also. Why don't you ask people who we have a long history of playing like........ Sheldon Clark, Russell, Raceland, Paintsville, Ashland, Boyd Co, Greenup Co and many others how dirty we are or just ask the teams this season up to the Breathitt game.
Johnson central has more players in all sports suspended than lc does (according to khass website) might want to check you facts before you run your mouths.
Bob Seger Wrote:And if you would lighten up just a tad, you might be able to figure out that that is exactly what every body else does to that simpleton...Sheesh, at one time I thought you were a legit poster with a little sense, but dang, you've become just as nutty as the rest of the those dingalings that have dunk that mind altering toxic water that flows in Lawrence Co......There is nobody on this board that I can think of at the moment that gets more uptight and defensive over nothing than what you do. Get a grip on things GG.:eyeroll:

And by the way, 1974 has proven to be one of the more knowledgeable posters that have come on here in awhile...Just because you don't like what he says, don't make it not so.

And who said I was uptight. I was trolling on sites like BGR before it was cool to do so and even had a name. I have way to much fun on here to ever get uptight.:biggrin:
:problem: Yep it's heating up again! Confusednicker:
the stuff that happen friday night should never happen. it did and now we all must move on from this. I agree with every lc poster that our team needed a fire lit under our butts.
Do-double-gg Wrote:And who said I was uptight. I was trolling on sites like BGR before it was cool to do so and even had a name. I have way to much fun on here to ever get uptight.:biggrin:

uh huh!!
Do-double-gg Wrote:As for bolded #1 Yep thats how we roll up here in Louisa. We set out from the get go to play dirty. The parents, coaches and school officials condone it and search out people who are willing to carry out our dastardly plan brahahahaha! As for bolded #2 what in the heck does that have to do with the football team and friday night. I don't even know what the heck you are even talking about because I don't even follow baseball? Last I checked we don't have any coaches from the baseball team on the football team. I got to see the game film and what got everything started in the Breathitt game and you did not and I don't blame a single bulldog player for anything they did because if someone did it to me then I would come out swinging also. Why don't you ask people who we have a long history of playing like........ Sheldon Clark, Russell, Raceland, Paintsville, Ashland, Boyd Co, Greenup Co and many others how dirty we are or just ask the teams this season up to the Breathitt game.

You wanted an example so I gave you one.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:It may have been unsportsmanlike in what the assistant coach did in the state championship but so was the thing that the catcher did spiking the ball right beside the LC player and mouthing off to him. You failed to mention that, and I was in the stands near home plate and We all seen it. If you're going to write something post all the facts.

The catcher was absolutely in the wrong and his coaches let him know it after it happened. The umpire he bumped had nothing to do with the play and he was actually trying to calm everything down. If your coach isn't mentally tough enough to control himself then how do you expect your players too? The school didn't punish him. The khsaa did. So yes when a school system doesn't reprimand for bad behavior and actually reward it, then they are condoning it.
dawg fan Wrote:Johnson central has more players in all sports suspended than lc does (according to khass website) might want to check you facts before you run your mouths.

Who cares? Nobody even brought up JC. They have nothing to do with anything.
Your right about jc who cares! They are pretty much a non factor.
Would still, like to know, 74 , your team, or are you just a mouthier ?....