Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence Co. 48 Breathitt Co. 27
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Can't wait the here from the people that was at the game. Congratulations Dawgs & good luck to the Bobcats the rest of the way.
I am curious as well to hear from people who attended the game. The game was confusing to listen to let alone be there.
Congrats on the win!!! Feels good to be 4-0, worried that next weeks suspensions( due to the fighting) will hurt us on D.
Go Dawgs!
The dalton kid, is he the same kid who has been ejected before in basketball as well as football. Anger management? His loss could costLC a win. Please no excuses
Dalton is a super athlete
Breathitt kept it closer than most expected.
I don't even know where to start with this one but..........I want to start with all the extra curricular activities that went on. I want to start by saying that this all falls on the head coach IMO. The man lost controll of his players and team and from what they said on the radio I think he was ejected and I don't know if that is a bad thing. The guys on the radio said the ref's were giving a lot of obvious calls to Breathitt and the players were getting upset about it but I think this is the norm with high school referee's, the home team will always get the benefit of the doubt. Could the ref's have gotten a little overboard with it..........I don't know and don't even care but I think they lost controll of this game also. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but is it not a rule of the KHSAA that if any player or coach leaves the sideline during an altercation that after they review the film all people who went on the field will also be ejected and not allowed to play for 2 weeks? If that is the case then neither Breathitt nor Lawrence will have much of a team to field next week because from what they said on the radio both benches pretty much cleared. I think Lawrence County should just forfeit the next two weeks and just practice because they need it bad but this is just a bunch of ignorance.
Lots of fighting in this one. Breathitt played way better than I expected. Lots of fumbles by both teams. No excuse from both sides for all the fighting tonight. It was a great game to watch. Congrats Lawrence on the win. Breathitt has improved on both sides of the ball which is great to see. They still give up a lot of big plays though.
As far as the game goes........(if you want to call it that) we were horrible especially on defense! This is not a knock on Breathitt but Lawrence has way more talent and speed on the field but this team is just progressing backwards just like last year only it's happening sooner this time. This game was like 14-0 early in the 1st and Lawrence was moving the ball at will and then it's like we just lay down and stop even trying. This should be a 50-7 or 50-14 type game but this team just can't keep their head in the game and they just don't have a killer instinct to finish a team off. I don't know what is wrong with our defense but that has been the Dawg's weakest link for the last few years and I don't understand that with the fact that our head coach is a defensive guy. Every week I've been waiting for things to click for this defense but they just seem to get worse every week. This team is capable of playing better football then this but I just don't see it happening at this point and now half of the team will probably be out the next two weeks so that don't help at all!
catwoman Wrote:The dalton kid, is he the same kid who has been ejected before in basketball as well as football. Anger management? His loss could costLC a win. Please no excuses

I don't know if you were at the game or if you even care and are just trolling but the Dalton kid did not get all of this started. The kid did lose his cool and get ejected but he was not even what got it all started and he was not even the first player to get ejected and he had nothing to do with the benches clearing.
Do-double-gg Wrote:As far as the game goes........(if you want to call it that) we were horrible especially on defense! This is not a knock on Breathitt but Lawrence has way more talent and speed on the field but this team is just progressing backwards just like last year only it's happening sooner this time. This game was like 14-0 early in the 1st and Lawrence was moving the ball at will and then it's like we just lay down and stop even trying. This should be a 50-7 or 50-14 type game but this team just can't keep their head in the game and they just don't have a killer instinct to finish a team off. I don't know what is wrong with our defense but that has been the Dawg's weakest link for the last few years and I don't understand that with the fact that our head coach is a defensive guy. Every week I've been waiting for things to click for this defense but they just seem to get worse every week. This team is capable of playing better football then this but I just don't see it happening at this point and now half of the team will probably be out the next two weeks so that don't help at all!

I agree 100% this team is no where near to where they need to be. No Killer instinct and I'm not at all for fighting that was the most intense I've seen LC in years. That is so sad to say Players hanging their head, and the whole sideline including Coaches up to the fighting standing there like a knot on a log all game every game. Get Fired Up One Time it might be the best thing to happen to them. Up to the fight one of the most boring LC games I've ever been to they were flat and dead. Also I want to mention the Ref's in this game lost control and are just as much to blame. Not one Breathitt player was ejected and I personally watched 3 different players swing first but each time LC was caught throwing back. I don't blame LC for that fighting back you let no one or NO BODY run over you or your team. It was obvious that Breathitt had one thing in mind to fight and I would love to see this LC team and Coaching Staff have this attitude.
Dawg Family Wrote:Can't wait the here from the people that was at the game. Congratulations Dawgs & good luck to the Bobcats the rest of the way.
Get ready
Can someone please tell me who all was involved and what caused the fight?
KyRock Wrote:I agree 100% this team is no where near to where they need to be. No Killer instinct and I'm not at all for fighting that was the most intense I've seen LC in years. That is so sad to say Players hanging their head, and the whole sideline including Coaches up to the fighting standing there like a knot on a log all game every game. Get Fired Up One Time it might be the best thing to happen to them. Up to the fight one of the most boring LC games I've ever been to they were flat and dead. Also I want to mention the Ref's in this game lost control and are just as much to blame. Not one Breathitt player was ejected and I personally watched 3 different players swing first but each time LC was caught throwing back. I don't blame LC for that fighting back you let no one or NO BODY run over you or your team. It was obvious that Breathitt had one thing in mind to fight and I would love to see this LC team and Coaching Staff have this attitude.

I hope this is what will get em fired up and playing as a team and getting aggressive but I just don't see it. Where was all this fire and aggression the last 3 games is what I want to know?
Do-double-gg Wrote:I hope this is what will get em fired up and playing as a team and getting aggressive but I just don't see it. Where was all this fire and aggression the last 3 games is what I want to know?

I will be very curious to see how this team comes together and responds to this from here on out!
Do-double-gg Wrote:I hope this is what will get em fired up and playing as a team and getting aggressive but I just don't see it. Where was all this fire and aggression the last 3 games is what I want to know?

I hope it will get them fired up and playing to their potential. We have just as much talent as anyone including Belfry IMO. We just lack and have not had a Killer Instinct in a couple of years.
Do-double-gg Wrote:I don't even know where to start with this one but..........I want to start with all the extra curricular activities that went on. I want to start by saying that this all falls on the head coach IMO. The man lost controll of his players and team and from what they said on the radio I think he was ejected and I don't know if that is a bad thing. The guys on the radio said the ref's were giving a lot of obvious calls to Breathitt and the players were getting upset about it but I think this is the norm with high school referee's, the home team will always get the benefit of the doubt. Could the ref's have gotten a little overboard with it..........I don't know and don't even care but I think they lost controll of this game also. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but is it not a rule of the KHSAA that if any player or coach leaves the sideline during an altercation that after they review the film all people who went on the field will also be ejected and not allowed to play for 2 weeks? If that is the case then neither Breathitt nor Lawrence will have much of a team to field next week because from what they said on the radio both benches pretty much cleared. I think Lawrence County should just forfeit the next two weeks and just practice because they need it bad but this is just a bunch of ignorance.
I said in a pregame post Breathitt would give us all we could handle. They are still fired up 17 years later about LC breaking their 42 game win streak, which today is third longest in Ky HS history. I put the out of control solely on the officiating. The 1st play from scrimmage a LC player had his nose repositioned. Old school football. Tons of trash talk by both sides early that the refs should have flagged. The 1st ejection was Triplett who came up swinging which everyone saw but they did not see the BC player boot stomp his groin area 1st. By this time LC players were beginning to realize they were in a different kind of game. The BC offensive line did not hold LC players they flat out tackled them but no call. Very frustrating but you have to deal with it. Players must learn to adapt to the situation. Only 3 players got ejected, Triplett, Dalton and Miller. Very strange was the so called bench clearing brawl, Miller was the only one ejected for giving the ref a were #1 symbol with the wrong finger. This is when the KY State Police, Sheriffs Dept, and Jackson City police ran on field. What actually got that started was the BC player, after the play was over, took his helment off and started hitting Keesee with it. Naturally Keesee is not going to run to his mommy or coach or anybody else he defends himself. This was by no means a bench clearing brawl. It was 2 coaching staffs, law enforcement a few well meaning players trying to restore order. Coach Cecil got ejected for leaving the sideline but the BC coach did not. Believe me when I say that Coach Cecil would not want this kind of action at any game.
With all that being said, it was a very sloppy defensive game by LC. To much arm tackling, once again players standing around watching play on other side of field etc. Offense had trouble holding onto ball but due mainly to very aggressive BC defense. I wish our defense was half as aggressive as that. Suspensions will not have effect as we play East Carter next week and have many more players looking for a chance to shine.
It shouldn't take something like this to get them Mad. When in fact they should already be Mad and playing Mad All Season Long.
The defense I thought played pretty good they gave up 21 points but 1 was a fake punt by breathitt. And one a broke coverage long pass play. The offense turn the ball over several times deep in our own end and the defense held them each time. At least 4 times breathitt had 1st and goal and lc stopped them each time. Now to the fighting #83 for the bobcats was trying to pick fights all night after the play he comes up a kicks dalton in the back of the leg they both throw punches dalton gets tossed. 83 grabs keesee by the face mask and pulls his helment off they both start throwing punches. They refs don't even try to stop it they didn't even throw a flag on the play. Cecil goes out to break up the fight and gets tossed now get this #83 or keesee neither one get tossed. And no flag!!!
The best LC team play was the drive right after BC scored to start the 4th quarter and close back to 1 score.. This drive was a Cole Mosely showcase. The offense chewed up 6 minutes of clock without a single pass and scored to put the game away.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:I said in a pregame post Breathitt would give us all we could handle. They are still fired up 17 years later about LC breaking their 42 game win streak, which today is third longest in Ky HS history. I put the out of control solely on the officiating. The 1st play from scrimmage a LC player had his nose repositioned. Old school football. Tons of trash talk by both sides early that the refs should have flagged. The 1st ejection was Triplett who came up swinging which everyone saw but they did not see the BC player boot stomp his groin area 1st. By this time LC players were beginning to realize they were in a different kind of game. The BC offensive line did not hold LC players they flat out tackled them but no call. Very frustrating but you have to deal with it. Players must learn to adapt to the situation. Only 3 players got ejected, Triplett, Dalton and Miller. Very strange was the so called bench clearing brawl, Miller was the only one ejected for giving the ref a were #1 symbol with the wrong finger. This is when the KY State Police, Sheriffs Dept, and Jackson City police ran on field. What actually got that started was the BC player, after the play was over, took his helment off and started hitting Keesee with it. Naturally Keesee is not going to run to his mommy or coach or anybody else he defends himself. This was by no means a bench clearing brawl. It was 2 coaching staffs, law enforcement a few well meaning players trying to restore order. Coach Cecil got ejected for leaving the sideline but the BC coach did not. Believe me when I say that Coach Cecil would not want this kind of action at any game.
With all that being said, it was a very sloppy defensive game by LC. To much arm tackling, once again players standing around watching play on other side of field etc. Offense had trouble holding onto ball but due mainly to very aggressive BC defense. I wish our defense was half as aggressive as that. Suspensions will not have effect as we play East Carter next week and have many more players looking for a chance to shine.

Well if all this is true and the ref's let this much stuff go on, then they will probably be screwed. From what I've been told when things get this bad and out of controll that even law enforcement gets involved, the KHSAA will want game film from both teams and they will review it and decide who will get ejected and if the ref's did this bad and some home cooking was going on then I think the Ref's should get ejected also............like for life! I just don't see how if some Breathitt players were doing stuff like this the whole game then how did the Breathitt coaches not see it and do something about it. I know the last ejection was of #20 for Breathitt well after all of this stuff went on and everyone was calming down like he was trying to keep it going.
I think that every person on here knows that home cooking goes on with ref's and they will give the home team calls that they probably should not. This goes on all the time and I have seen it go on in Lawrence home games. I'm a person who if I think a ref give my team a call that we didn't deserve I will say it because I don't want to win that way. Now most of the time those calls don't change the outcome of a game but sometimes they do. I hope that if after the KHSAA reviews this game if they find that the ref's did a poor job and let this thing get out of control I hope they make an example of this crew.
dawg fan Wrote:The defense I thought played pretty good they gave up 21 points but 1 was a fake punt by breathitt. And one a broke coverage long pass play. The offense turn the ball over several times deep in our own end and the defense held them each time. At least 4 times breathitt had 1st and goal and lc stopped them each time. Now to the fighting #83 for the bobcats was trying to pick fights all night after the play he comes up a kicks dalton in the back of the leg they both throw punches dalton gets tossed. 83 grabs keesee by the face mask and pulls his helment off they both start throwing punches. They refs don't even try to stop it they didn't even throw a flag on the play. Cecil goes out to break up the fight and gets tossed now get this #83 or keesee neither one get tossed. And no flag!!!

I respect your opinion as I do all peoples on BGR but I disagree with this. Poor tackling, one arm tackle attempts everywhere, poor angles and when people do execute the play right they lay a big hit and think (well he aint going to get up from that) and they never wrap up after said big hits and then they turn around to see the guy who they thought was dead streaking down the sideline for a TD!
dawgbyte02 Wrote:I said in a pregame post Breathitt would give us all we could handle. They are still fired up 17 years later about LC breaking their 42 game win streak, which today is third longest in Ky HS history. I put the out of control solely on the officiating. The 1st play from scrimmage a LC player had his nose repositioned. Old school football. Tons of trash talk by both sides early that the refs should have flagged. The 1st ejection was Triplett who came up swinging which everyone saw but they did not see the BC player boot stomp his groin area 1st. By this time LC players were beginning to realize they were in a different kind of game. The BC offensive line did not hold LC players they flat out tackled them but no call. Very frustrating but you have to deal with it. Players must learn to adapt to the situation. Only 3 players got ejected, Triplett, Dalton and Miller. Very strange was the so called bench clearing brawl, Miller was the only one ejected for giving the ref a were #1 symbol with the wrong finger. This is when the KY State Police, Sheriffs Dept, and Jackson City police ran on field. What actually got that started was the BC player, after the play was over, took his helment off and started hitting Keesee with it. Naturally Keesee is not going to run to his mommy or coach or anybody else he defends himself. This was by no means a bench clearing brawl. It was 2 coaching staffs, law enforcement a few well meaning players trying to restore order. Coach Cecil got ejected for leaving the sideline but the BC coach did not. Believe me when I say that Coach Cecil would not want this kind of action at any game.

I fail to believe that the ref's, Breathitt coaches nor law enforcement didn't see some of this and turn the head the other way. Man I hope the KHSAA comes down on this hard. Someone needs to make 100% sure that the KHSAA gets the film of this game.
Do-double-gg Wrote:Well if all this is true and the ref's let this much stuff go on, then they will probably be screwed. From what I've been told when things get this bad and out of controll that even law enforcement gets involved, the KHSAA will want game film from both teams and they will review it and decide who will get ejected and if the ref's did this bad and some home cooking was going on then I think the Ref's should get ejected also............like for life! I just don't see how if some Breathitt players were doing stuff like this the whole game then how did the Breathitt coaches not see it and do something about it. I know the last ejection was of #20 for Breathitt well after all of this stuff went on and everyone was calming down like he was trying to keep it going.
Yep it is not always LC's fault. Cecil preaches sportsmanship, respect and empathy. A good example is last weeks killer game with Fairview. A very hard fought win. To a man they said the Fairview players were respectful but hard nosed. They played the game and gave the best they had and came up short. What I heard after tonight's game was to a man, the BC players were punks, players words not mine. BC has the makings of a good team but did not earn the respect of their opponent. Now I will share a little of what I over heard after the game. While waiting to leave I was standing next to some BC fans when a ref in uniform walked up to them. He told them in his many years of officiating he had never seen a team such as LC. He went on to say he tried to keep them in check. I was very shocked by this. Why would a impartial ref talk to any fans after a game in uniform. What does he mean by trying to "keep in check"?

:pondering:
dawgbyte02 Wrote:Yep it is not always LC's fault. Cecil preaches sportsmanship, respect and empathy. A good example is last weeks killer game with Fairview. A very hard fought win. To a man they said the Fairview players were respectful but hard nosed. They played the game and gave the best they had and came up short. What I heard after tonight's game was to a man, the BC players were punks, players words not mine. BC has the makings of a good team but did not earn the respect of their opponent. Now I will share a little of what I over heard after the game. While waiting to leave I was standing next to some BC fans when a ref in uniform walked up to them. He told them in his many years of officiating he had never seen a team such as LC. He went on to say he tried to keep them in check. I was very shocked by this. Why would a impartial ref talk to any fans after a game in uniform. What does he mean by trying to "keep in check"?

Would you happen to know the name of said ref because if you do I will blast his name all over BGR and some other places also. If that don't sound like home cooking I don't know what does.
Ok I just got done with the film of this game and let me tell you that if any player in this game should get ejected it is #83 for Breathitt! He clearly hauled off and kicked #11 Dalton in the back of the leg. And Dalton had his back turned minding his own buisness! That is some weak stuff! It is clear as a bell way after the play and not another player around the two for 5 yards. I also noticed that every time a Lawrence player would get tackled on the Breathitt sideline the Breathitt players and some people not even in uniform would get in their face and stuff! I also saw a lot of elbow swinging and facemask grabbing in the pile ups but who can tell anything from that. As for some of the no calls and bad call in favor of Breathitt I hope and pray that the KHSAA does review the film of this game.:beg:
Do-double-gg Wrote:I don't know if you were at the game or if you even care and are just trolling but the Dalton kid did not get all of this started. The kid did lose his cool and get ejected but he was not even what got it all started and he was not even the first player to get ejected and he had nothing to do with the benches clearing.

Uh, I believe if you do a little research , you'll find out that catwoman is an LC fan, and one of about only two or three that post on this board that act like they have a little sense about them. Trolling??? Hardly.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5