Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence Co. 48 Breathitt Co. 27
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
What an absolute pathetic scene tonight? Don't take it out on the kids on either side. Both teams let their emotions of the game get the best of them, but the referees let it go too far and should have took control of the game early on. I met some good people from Breathitt County game that were very courteous. As I was leaving the game I could hear some Breathitt County fans yelling at LC fans as they were leaving the stadium. I think it's absolutely pathetic and shows no class. I hope KHSAA takes a good look at the game film and they will see what transpired. When a player uppercuts a kid and doesn't get ejected early in the game, there is something wrong. Shaking my head!!
How many brawls have taken place at Breathitt Co now? I remember the Pike CO Central brawl from a couple years ago.

Congrats Dawgs!
42-1
Thank you for sticking up for me. I played on the very first LCHS team in 77 and have watched every single team since. Other teams will know if they nitpick at the Dalton Kid he will retaliate. Why? He probably is more talented than anyone on the field. Fighting has been in a problem for us in the past and not one single good thing ever came out of it. I talked to the Dalton boy and am surprised he gets himself into these messes. Seemed like a cool kid. Please encourage him but never ever let him think its okay to fight. It is just weakness.
catwoman Wrote:Thank you for sticking up for me. I played on the very first LCHS team in 77 and have watched every single team since. Other teams will know if they nitpick at the Dalton Kid he will retaliate. Why? He probably is more talented than anyone on the field. Fighting has been in a problem for us in the past and not one single good thing ever came out of it. I talked to the Dalton boy and am surprised he gets himself into these messes. Seemed like a cool kid. Please encourage him but never ever let him think its okay to fight. It is just weakness.

You've always been a class act....A bunch of your comrades should take notice.
Do-double-gg Wrote:Ok I just got done with the film of this game and let me tell you that if any player in this game should get ejected it is #83 for Breathitt! He clearly hauled off and kicked #11 Dalton in the back of the leg. And Dalton had his back turned minding his own buisness! That is some weak stuff! It is clear as a bell way after the play and not another player around the two for 5 yards. I also noticed that every time a Lawrence player would get tackled on the Breathitt sideline the Breathitt players and some people not even in uniform would get in their face and stuff! I also saw a lot of elbow swinging and facemask grabbing in the pile ups but who can tell anything from that. As for some of the no calls and bad call in favor of Breathitt I hope and pray that the KHSAA does review the film of this game.:beg:
Do-double-gg You sound like me 20 years ago. You are a very good decicated fan that loves his Bulldogs.We need a lot more like you. Im still smarting over losing to bourbon county along time ago. Why? We were much better and the next week they won the state like 42-10. Lawrence county let a state title slip away. I knew that chance might not come again for a long time. I was right. Looking over the LC teams I want to tell that to me Mike west was our best back ever. Why? When he broke in the open nobody ran him down. My favorite LC team was the team that beat Breathitt. Jason michaels by far our best QB. I do like our this years QB throwing the ball. Most exciting wins,,LC running a flea-flicker on the last play of the game to beat fleming county and the overtime win over Russell.Never forget Billy Goldsmith is the man who made Lawrence county football. He did it with defense. chuke was our best offensive coach. This years team seems to lack the big hits. They do swarm well maybe these new rules affect the hitting. Oh my gosh the win over Breathitt was the best. 6 deep all the way around the track in the worst rain storm ever.
catwoman Wrote:Thank you for sticking up for me. I played on the very first LCHS team in 77 and have watched every single team since. Other teams will know if they nitpick at the Dalton Kid he will retaliate. Why? He probably is more talented than anyone on the field. Fighting has been in a problem for us in the past and not one single good thing ever came out of it. I talked to the Dalton boy and am surprised he gets himself into these messes. Seemed like a cool kid. Please encourage him but never ever let him think its okay to fight. It is just weakness.

Fighting is not a weakness actually when you are taking up for yourself and your team. Somebody smack me upside of the head and piece of crap officials and cops talk to Coaches that were trying to break it up like they did. I am glad I am not a Coach or still in school playing. I would have definetly would have spent the night or a couple of them in Jackson.
Bob Seger Wrote:You've always been a class act....A bunch of your comrades should take notice.

To bad your not Bobby :lolrage:
lol
KyRock Wrote:Fighting is not a weakness actually when you are taking up for yourself and your team. Somebody smack me upside of the head and piece of crap officials and cops talk to Coaches that were trying to break it up like they did. I am glad I am not a Coach or still in school playing. I would have definetly would have spent the night or a couple of them in Jackson.

I disagree 100%. Fighting during a game is a MENTAL weakness. Come on little brother when a fight breaks out you are to restrain anyone in the scuffle. Its just dumb not too. The man who throws the second punch always gets caught. You want to show your toughness do it on the next play. I use to feel the same way as you. How do you help your team if you cant play in the next game. the Dalton kid is a great player, mybe our most dangerous. It doesn't seem to take much to get him kicked out of a game. He is what a sophomore and he has had problems before. Hey get the kid into boxing or something. even the NFL is kicking people out of the league for fighting off the field. You have heard it takes a bigger man to walk away. boy that sounds like bullcrap but its the gospel. Main thing is we are all for Lawrence county. next time a fight breaks out I hope the Dalton kid runs to the sideline laughing at the other players on the other team getting kicked out and saying,,what idiots. Kicking kicked out of a game for fighting in the single worst thing a player can do at this time,,why? Because you are suspended. How does that happen. Without Dalton beating belfry wont happen. Well the chances are not as good. I fist fought Curtis hanshaw. wish I had walked away. lol,,I do like your spunk KYrock you should help coach in little leauge
lcgrad2002 Wrote:What an absolute pathetic scene tonight? Don't take it out on the kids on either side. Both teams let their emotions of the game get the best of them, but the referees let it go too far and should have took control of the game early on. I met some good people from Breathitt County game that were very courteous. As I was leaving the game I could hear some Breathitt County fans yelling at LC fans as they were leaving the stadium. I think it's absolutely pathetic and shows no class. I hope KHSAA takes a good look at the game film and they will see what transpired. When a player uppercuts a kid and doesn't get ejected early in the game, there is something wrong. Shaking my head!!

LC grad I have seen officials the cause of scuffles. Usually when they let late hits go on and on. When I see a kid get hit seconds after the whistle has clearly been thrown to be honest I find myself looking for a rock to throw. Need to work on that. lol But nothing in football gets people more fired up that a late hit.
I listened to the 4th quarter and followed updates on here before I got a chance to listen. Breathitt County is and will always be a difficult place for LC to go in and get a fair win. And on that note, I congratulate this group for a very hard fought win. They went into a VERY hostile environment and came out with a huge victory. Granted, Breathitt is have a down season and rebuilding. But they could put a group of middle school kids out there and they will always give us a hard fought game. Now to address the fighting... There is absolutely NO excuse for this type of behavior out of our guys. I know most of the coaching staff personally and know that they would agree. Teams down the road are going to use this type of game against us now. They know what kind of reaction they can get from our guys. They have to learn to be disciplined and not lose their heads out there. I understand they're young and let their emotions get to them, but the coaches need to make a statement this week in practice and let their guys know that this type of play and behavior will not be tolerated. And I don't know why Coach Cecil got the boot, but he needs to run some sprints this week too! Make a statement now. Strengthen the teams morals now and become a better team for the playoffs.
catwoman Wrote:The dalton kid, is he the same kid who has been ejected before in basketball as well as football. Anger management? His loss could costLC a win. Please no excuses
He does seem to jawbone way more than he should. He needs to work hard on the mental aspect of sports. Not many colleges in this day and time are interested in players that can not control their emotions. I know he had to be extremely frustrated from the pass play where the defender, with his back to the ball, shoved Dalton in the chest as Dalton went up for the pass. Film will show a very obvious interference with the ref right there but no call. I feel this really set Dalton off but he has to learn to control that.
Keesee got in the final say on #82 when BC threw their final pass it sailed over the out stretched #82 and he got leveled by Keesee. now they are even. Take uncontrolled anger and turn it into controlled intensity on the next play. Very hard to do but shows a very disciplined, mentally tough player.
No excuse for losing control, especially over bad calls in a Game. the people involved need to be held accountable and disciplined.
M
42-1?????

My old pappy use to always say you can't win them all. But, seriously, stop living in the past, man. Especially if that one victory is all you have. One kid or team or coaching staff is as much to blame as the other for the foolish behavior that took place in Jackson last night.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:No excuse for losing control, especially over bad calls in a Game. the people involved need to be held accountable and disciplined.
It wasn't so much bad calls but no calls for late hits, trash talk, holding, interference early in the game that lead both teams to stretch the rules. Invariably when refs "let em play" these are the results.
You are right inyourface and that kid is #83 for the bobcats I will be surprise after khsaa reviews the tape if this kid plays again this year. Second the refs are there to protect the players and if they don't the players have to defend themselves. The kid pulls keesee helment off and starts throwing punches keesee has to defend his self. The refs never came to break it up. Cecil goes to break up the fight and gets tossed. Breathett players and coach come all the way across the field and nothing called on him. Even one of breathetts players hit coach price in the back knocking him to the ground. If you where not at the game to see what was going on then you should keep your opinion to what you know. I thought lc done a remarkable job keeping their heads as long as they did. You know when two players are standing in the hash marke slugging it out and neither one gets tossed something is up.
I had a couple good friends there not from either county and they said LC played dirty the whole game and the Breathitt kids finally had enough. Who's the numb nuts that keeps saying 42-1??
Wow buddy, Breathitt won back to back state titles so, how many has LC won? My reference means about as much as your 42-1 comment to the present. Come on, LC's fans, adults, packed the goal post to the feet of Breathitt players in that 97 upset win and started a fight. The ultimate act of bad sportsmanship. I heard that maybe even a LC coach possibly shoved a cop.. I'm surprised the game was this close with Breathitt being down this season and very young. I honestly thought LC would roll but they didn't. Belfry will absolutely roll you guys.
How are the bobcats young their roster shows 33 or 34 jr. and sr. Players. Get a copy of the game film and just watch it for yourself. I think after khsaa reviews the film coach cecil will be reinstated. So if they had no routing interest why would you drive to jackson ky. For a football game that ment nothing to you.
Did any Bobcats get ejected?
I have one question. Why would LC even be instigating a fight, when they was up the whole night?
But hey guys we won!! Lets learn and move on. something special could be around the corner. We need that Dalton boy!!! He is surrounded with ood players. Good boys!!Lay some big hits to get their attention. Its cool when we all talk about a big hit instead of who scored a touchdown.
#83 Melton and #20 Turner were the only ones I believe. But what I've heard is that towards the end of the game Turner got tackled and his privates was part in bringing him down. I was at the game and I'm not saying that's what happened that's just what someone close to the team told me. Now there was no excuse for the behavior from boths teams. The refs let to much go. There was numerous penalties not called on both Breathitt andLawrence. As for the Coaches running onto the field Lawrence County's were out there first. Lawrence won the game, congrats on the win!! Hopefully the suspensions don't hurt either team. The refs let this one get way out I hand IMO.
I would love to see the game film. Any way of obtaining one?
83 was ejected, maybe you need to watch the film again. LC got upset because Breathitt was not a push over. Dont put it out there if you cant take it. And as far as the Breathitt players being punks, that is low comment. There is good and bad on every team. So dont throw rocks when you are in a glass house.
Navajo Bobcat Wrote:83 was ejected, maybe you need to watch the film again. LC got upset because Breathitt was not a push over. Dont put it out there if you cant take it. And as far as the Breathitt players being punks, that is low comment. There is good and bad on every team. So dont throw rocks when you are in a glass house.
The point being every player either respects or does not respect their opponent based on game play in any sport. After the Fairview game you did not have LC posters complaining about officiating. During the game you did not have punches being thrown? No. Right down to the end LC and Fairview players were helping each other up, giving helmet taps, etc. There were early personal fouls against both teams that kept the players in check. The officiating crew took control early. How many games in the state have 5 players been ejected at separate times in the game?LC had respect for Fairview but BC did not earn their respect.
83 Melton did not make a football play or move for that matter in the 2nd half. He ran around hitting after the whistle hitting people in the back. After Dalton ran the kickoff back for a TD the coach told Melton he wanted him out of the game at any cost. Watch frame 154 BC will shut up after watching it. Keese took him down in frame 165 and Melton came up swinging. Melton had a meltdown. He tried to hit Dalton several times but couldn't catch him. BC had 1 play the QB keeper and LC could not do much with it and couldn't get to Fairiviews QB either. Dawgbyte was wrong with his finger statement, it never happened and he should man up and say he made it up. BC had good fans , good food and the kids played hard all night long. Coaching staff is another story and it is a shame that my tax money supports a state police department with someone like Wolfe in blue.
kdrn Wrote:83 Melton did not make a football play or move for that matter in the 2nd half. He ran around hitting after the whistle hitting people in the back. After Dalton ran the kickoff back for a TD the coach told Melton he wanted him out of the game at any cost. Watch frame 154 BC will shut up after watching it. Keese took him down in frame 165 and Melton came up swinging. Melton had a meltdown. He tried to hit Dalton several times but couldn't catch him. BC had 1 play the QB keeper and LC could not do much with it and couldn't get to Fairiviews QB either. Dawgbyte was wrong with his finger statement, it never happened and he should man up and say he made it up. BC had good fans , good food and the kids played hard all night long. Coaching staff is another story and it is a shame that my tax money supports a state police department with someone like Wolfe in blue.
Numerous LC players said the reason Miller was ejected was because he made an disrespectful gesture to the refs. I totally agree that the fans, food and hospitality at the Holcomb Athletic Complex were the best I have ever experienced in my 59 years on earth. I think Law enforcement did the absolute right thing because the refs had no control. And finally Breathitt has a very good team that can be a playoff contender despite all the Breathitt folks putting them down. The coaching staff is top notch and appeared just as concerned as the LC staff about the events of the game.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5