Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley Athletic Complex
Let's keep everything on topic gang.
I went over to Shelby valley theother day to check out this situation of the visitor side. They have built a walk way from the visitor side to the home side.

As for the what have they done to deserve turf? Every team in the state deserves stuff. Thery get out every day and practice. Work out in the summer. 2 a days every thing they do is what they do to deserve the turf. As for the people wonderign where the money come from it was donated. From people in the community and different buisnesses. To question why a team deserve's a nice facility is pathetic. Every team does.
Faith Wrote:They are not suppose to let anyone on the track that is not cheering or playing. If you would have notice they built a walk way around the fence against the hillside where the scoreboard is.

It is just a terrible set up, pure and simple. I wont be back there.
BeaverCreek Connection Wrote:It is just a terrible set up, pure and simple. I wont be back there.

I may be wrong..but doesn't sitting on Belfry's visiting side mean you have to walk down, around the back of the fielkd, and up all the stpes to get to the concession? Wow...pretty hostile right there...SV just has you walk around the back of the field and down 10 steps..seems like the setup is fine at Valley..they don't want people on the field..and they deserve to not have people on there if they don't want them there..simple as that...but, SV does not have a bad setup at all...
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:I may be wrong..but doesn't sitting on Belfry's visiting side mean you have to walk down, around the back of the fielkd, and up all the stpes to get to the concession? Wow...pretty hostile right there...SV just has you walk around the back of the field and down 10 steps..seems like the setup is fine at Valley..they don't want people on the field..and they deserve to not have people on there if they don't want them there..simple as that...but, SV does not have a bad setup at all...

The is no comparison, although I agree that the steps at Belfry are not ideal either. But what you dont seem to realize is that if you sat on the visitor side at SV and you wish to use the BR or buy a pepsi you must actually leave the stadium and walk through the parking lot down a pretty steep incline and then retrace your steps up the hill through the parking lot back to the bleachers. I agree no one should be on thier precious field, but what about the 40ft area around the field called a walking track. If they dont want anyone on the track then they should have the gates locked before the fans arrive, duh. But what they do is let you get on the track and then about half time they come behind you and lock the gates. I have a solution for all visitors; use the BR before you get there and take you own food and drinks then you wont have to leave the visitors seats! That will cost the SV concession folks, but they dont seem to care anyway.
BeaverCreek Connection Wrote:The is no comparison, although I agree that the steps at Belfry are not ideal either. But what you dont seem to realize is that if you sat on the visitor side at SV and you wish to use the BR or buy a pepsi you must actually leave the stadium and walk through the parking lot down a pretty steep incline and then retrace your steps up the hill through the parking lot back to the bleachers. I agree no one should be on thier precious field, but what about the 40ft area around the field called a walking track. If they dont want anyone on the track then they should have the gates locked before the fans arrive, duh. But what they do is let you get on the track and then about half time they come behind you and lock the gates. I have a solution for all visitors; use the BR before you get there and take you own food and drinks then you wont have to leave the visitors seats! That will cost the SV concession folks, but they dont seem to care anyway.

Maybe you are blind, but it was poster above..that on the bottom of the visiting bleachers...there is a walk way that has been made that goes around the field...coming back onto the concrete pavement..takes you around the back of the stadium..and to the concession and the bathrooms are even along your way!