Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley Athletic Complex
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I attended the game tonight and was very impressed with your new field. I was not very impressed with the way the fans from Pburg were treated concerning the Stands and locking of the gates. Upon arriving at the game I walked into the bleachers on the visitor side and walked down on the track through open gates to the concession stand on the other Home side of the field. After the concession stand I decided to stand on the blacktop track outside of the field to watch the game with some other fans. Everything seemed to be fine until the SV public address announcer requested that everyone go to the bleachers, this was during the halftime. In fact they sent thier local police over to tell us to move! At that time we tried to return to the bleachers but found that all visitor side gates were locked with chain and padlock. No one from the visitors bleacher could go to the consession or restroom, nor could anymore coming back could re-enter the bleachers. The only way the visitors could go to the concessions or restroom was to actually leave the stadium walk about a 1/2 mile in the parking lot and then back. We had a handicapped person in a electric chair basically stuck on the tract. We had fans actually climbing the fence to get back to their seats! The gates were never unlocked even after the game was over, we had Cheerleaders, fans trying to climb a chain linked fence to get to thier parents to ride home. This situation was totally rediculous and very offensive. I dont know what the problem was, but someone in control at SV needs to be more considerate of people.
a couple weeks ago, they had to make everyone leave the track for some reason, i can't remember what game it was but no one was allowed on the track..
crazytaxidriver Wrote:a couple weeks ago, they had to make everyone leave the track for some reason, i can't remember what game it was but no one was allowed on the track..

I understand that, although I dont know the reason, but to lock the gates where you could not leave the track with going to the parking lot. Someone from SV needs to give some answers.
I was also really impressed with the Athletic Complex SV has put together ! I didnt realize they had locked those gates though ! I seen it unlocked before the game started ! I had a friend that had to walk to the RR a couple of times and had to go through the parking lot to the RR ! But nice Complex SV !
SV never shows any respect for Prestonsburg, esp. when we play there. I remember this from my playing days.
crazytaxidriver Wrote:a couple weeks ago, they had to make everyone leave the track for some reason, i can't remember what game it was but no one was allowed on the track..

I think it was the Pike Central game, I dont know why though
BC75 Wrote:SV never shows any respect for Prestonsburg, esp. when we play there. I remember this from my playing days.

I'd really like to hear some more instances on how we was so disrespectful? Kinda like cetain P-burg players wearing jerseys and some wearing a whip wildcats shirt and I even seen a coach wearing it when they unloaded the bus. I know some people are gonna say how is this disrespectful? They wore it for spirit. Now wasn't they some talk about bSC wearing other teams shirts this year?
Does anyone have any pictures of the new field?
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:I'd really like to hear some more instances on how we was so disrespectful? Kinda like cetain P-burg players wearing jerseys and some wearing a whip wildcats shirt and I even seen a coach wearing it when they unloaded the bus. I know some people are gonna say how is this disrespectful? They wore it for spirit. Now wasn't they some talk about bSC wearing other teams shirts this year?

We have made shirts since the Ashland Game:

Ashland : Beat Ashland
Sheldon Clark: CRUSH CARDS
Magoffin Co: Beat Hornets (or somthing like that)
Pike Central: STOMP HAWKS (i think thats what it said)
Belfry: BLITZ BELFRY
Shelby Valley: WHIP WILDCATS

Its just somthing to get the Fans and Student Body pumped for the game !
I dont think its any certain school because we had the same situation at SV during the Middle School championship football game which was held there. We're talking about a lot of young kids here, so needless to say we wern't happy at all. Had to walk all the way around, so they lost a lot of $$$ from concessions.
I think the field looks great
I dont understand it, why do they lock the gates. I would think the fire marshall should be contacted about that situation. Do you think there afraid someone might step on thier new rug? This eliminates anyone from going to thier concession or the bathroom. Very selfish IMO.
Pirates~R~Us Wrote:I dont think its any certain school because we had the same situation at SV during the Middle School championship football game which was held there. We're talking about a lot of young kids here, so needless to say we wern't happy at all. Had to walk all the way around, so they lost a lot of $$$ from concessions.
I too thought it was pitiful.I guess they were afraid we were gonna run out on the field or somethingTongueirateSho
cobra67 Wrote:I too thought it was pitiful.I guess they were afraid we were gonna run out on the field or somethingTongueirateSho

I dont know but its ridiculas. We just said froget the concession stand.
I thought it was very inhospitable of SV as well.
Visitors pay admission then are sent on a hike to the "guests" stands, no visitors restrooms or concession stand unless one wants to hike back to the home side.
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:I'd really like to hear some more instances on how we was so disrespectful? Kinda like cetain P-burg players wearing jerseys and some wearing a whip wildcats shirt and I even seen a coach wearing it when they unloaded the bus. I know some people are gonna say how is this disrespectful? They wore it for spirit. Now wasn't they some talk about bSC wearing other teams shirts this year?

That's not bad at all. I don't even know why you mentioned that.

As far the hospitality, sadly I'm not surprised. No excuse for that in my opinion
doesnt matter...what good is a new field when you dont have a team to put on it?
very nice field at valley could rank high in the state on high school fields. restrooms are modern facilities same as all through the district
THE LISTENER Wrote:very nice field at valley could rank high in the state on high school fields. very good
game prestonburg hold your heads high and please stop the jealousy. people of this community has come out srong for their kids .and contray to belief of some saunders is building a football program the community backs the coach look at the turf,restrooms are modern facilities same as all through the district

Not to offend you, but "what the h_ll are you talking about"?
Pirates~R~Us Wrote:I dont think its any certain school because we had the same situation at SV during the Middle School championship football game which was held there. We're talking about a lot of young kids here, so needless to say we wern't happy at all. Had to walk all the way around, so they lost a lot of $$$ from concessions.

Lots of money lost that night...We arrived early and were told that we had to walk around the field on the outside of the gate...no easy access to restrooms or concession stands. IMO poor set up for the visitors.:booo:

Otherwise, the field looked great.
I haven't been to the field since they redid it, what have they done? It sounds like they have put up gates that keeps you from walking the track to get to the restrooms and concession stands from the visitors bleachers, is this correct?
I just wanna know what Shelby Valley's football program has done that is so great that they deserved a big brand new, top dollar facility and field?
Redneck Wrote:I just wanna know what Shelby Valley's football program has done that is so great that they deserved a big brand new, top dollar facility and field?

I heard somthing about that all Pike Co football teams will have turf like Lexington Schools !
Redneck Wrote:I just wanna know what Shelby Valley's football program has done that is so great that they deserved a big brand new, top dollar facility and field?

Yea I would love to know that too....

GO SHELDON CLARK
big_cards_fan Wrote:yea i would love to no that to....

GO SHELDON CLARK

Read what I just put above your post !
They are not suppose to let anyone on the track that is not cheering or playing. If you would have notice they built a walk way around the fence against the hillside where the scoreboard is.
[QUOTE=Redneck]I just wanna know what Shelby Valley's football program has done that is so great that they deserved a big brand new, top dollar facility and

yeah ive wondered why too, but its still pretty sweet i would like to see more schools in this area have stuff done to there fields.
Yea I wish all teams get turf
I don't.. To me.. To me turf is nice and all.. But you start to lose some of the game.. Theres nothing like real grass, and getting dirty... Thats somthing
Ashland still has, alot of schools have lost.. Putnam still has charm..
And I miss Vipperman too.. I think Belfry should play one game at Vipperman every year.. like the Hall of Fame game at Vipperman Stadium
I think everyone should get a chance to feel the excitement Vipperman gives..
Besides before the new Belfry.. thats where those kids dreamed to play
Its like driving a 65 Mustang to school. . no frills, classic...... some dream of this as a dream car... Others see it as a sign of the times gone by....... Cam Field VS Vipperman........I have been to Vipperman many times, played there in the early 80's.
I have never been to the new BELFRY stadium,, but I hear it is QUITE NICE......
Park the MUSTANG and drive the new one!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 2