Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Kind Of Season Will The Cats Have
I look for the UK defense to be much better this year. Last season UK was soft in the middle BOTH DT's were soft! I would say combined Rump and Cobble laid on the field like they were shot with a rifle or limped off the field at least 50 times last year! I figure the DT spot will be much more productive and tougher this year. I think the 4star JUCO kid will be the starter by season end. If the injury bug hits the LB spot UK could be in trouble. With all the young DE's it wouldn't surprise me to see Dupree back at the LB spot at some point in the season.
Final prediction 3-9 at best.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I think if UK can win 5 games and be competitive throughout the season, then they will be on track. Joker killed the program, and set it back to the stone ages. Right now, BUILDING a solid SEC roster, creating an identification, and changing the mindset will be the challenge for Stoops. I believe he will, but UK fans need to be patient with him. I think UK goes 5-7 this season, 6-6 next year, but in two years, I think the possibility to win 8 games is very real. I like Stoops, and I love the staff he has built, but he took over a dead program, and nobody in America could have done any better with the team he had last year. Give him time, and UK fans will be rewarded.

Too many people thinks we are going to be in the thick of it for a sec title. Guys, 5 wins this year is a great year in my opinion. Look what Brooks started out with. If UK goes to a bowl game this year it will be celebration, but until we get more than just 1 or two 5* recruits, you need to pat them on the back for six wins. Number one is getting the Harris kid from MS! Promise if we get him then we will be fine.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
I don't see UK ever competing for a SEC title. Too many of the football schools in the SEC that out recruit UK. Plus they have great established coaches.
Fromthebleachers Wrote:I don't see UK ever competing for a SEC title. Too many of the football schools in the SEC that out recruit UK. Plus they have great established coaches.

The key to UK competing for SEC titles is keeping a coach that can recruit around long enough to build a solid football program. The SEC is very strong but Auburn proved last season that a team can raise from the bottom all the way to the top in a short time. Look a were the SC Gamecocks are now, they had a few terrible years before they hired Lou H. when LH retired they hired a proven winner in the SEC in Steve Spurrier. When Rich Brooks retired from coaching UK made a stupid move and hired the JOKER. The Joker had never been a head coach before. The Sec is not kind to rookie coaches. I think it will takes Stoops a while to learn to coach in the SEC and it will take time to recruit the talent he needs to win. I do think he is the right man for the UK job.
honestjchsfan Wrote:The key to UK competing for SEC titles is keeping a coach that can recruit around long enough to build a solid football program. The SEC is very strong but Auburn proved last season that a team can raise from the bottom all the way to the top in a short time. Look a were the SC Gamecocks are now, they had a few terrible years before they hired Lou H. when LH retired they hired a proven winner in the SEC in Steve Spurrier. When Rich Brooks retired from coaching UK made a stupid move and hired the JOKER. The Joker had never been a head coach before. The Sec is not kind to rookie coaches. I think it will takes Stoops a while to learn to coach in the SEC and it will take time to recruit the talent he needs to win. I do think he is the right man for the UK job.

I would use Missouri as a better example than Auburn. Even when Auburn was bad, they still have a well known football tradition that helps in recruiting exposure and administrative support. Missouri had a rough season in 2012, but stuck with their head coach. What Missouri did last season shows that Kentucky is capable of competing for an SEC title. Stoops has done a good job recruiting, but he has to start winning a little to keep that high level recruiting at UK. He's tapping into Ohio, which is huge because those players can handle late season cold weather at home. He's trying to pick up more speed from Florida.

If that process looks familiar, that's because that's what Charlie Strong at Louisville, Urban Meyer at Florida, and Nick Saban at Alabama did in recruiting when they started
3 , maybe 4. Next year 5, the year after 6.
honestjchsfan Wrote:I think UK has a chance to be competitive in several SEC games this season. A bunch of SEC teams are breaking in new QB's. Vandy is breaking in a new coach and lost their best WR, Missouri lost that stud WR and there best defensive player and their starting QB. UT lost a bunch of guys too. UK played SC tough last year, the Gamecocks lost their starting QB who really hurt UK running the football. I think the Gamecocks are the clear favorite in the SEC East with UGA a close second. UK's poor QB play got a lot of press last season but IMO the O-line was also a major problem. I still wonder about that game were Miller a UK tackle just let his man go untouched an KILL poor Max Smith! Sports betting websites had Miller on the "watch list" as a player who may be effecting the point spread or the starting QB race. I posted on here about it last year and it seem as if nobody else noticed. All I know is it looked bad on Miller! NO matter who wins the QB job the O-line needs to protect the passer a WHOLE lot better!

Maybe I wasn't the only one paying attention to UK's Darrian Miller? Funny how things work out, a left tackle lets his man go untouched on back to back plays and kill poor Max Smith and I get blasted on here for suggesting that it was possible that a particular player was trying to effect the outcome of the QB completion or effect the point spread?? That same player is a SR this year and is not even listed as a BACK-UP on UK O-line depth Chart!!!!!!!! The guy had started 24 games in a row at UK! Seems Stoops or his O-line coach have caught onto this clown taking plays off at key times!! Seeing the new depth chart and MILLER not on it makes me think UK's is going to be a much better team this year!!!!!!!!!
Fromthebleachers Wrote:I don't see UK ever competing for a SEC title. Too many of the football schools in the SEC that out recruit UK. Plus they have great established coaches.

Kentucky right now is getting better recuits then they have in my 35 years of life. What they need to do to compete with the other SEC teams in recruiting is to start winning. If they start winning then the big time 5 star people will come. Those kids when making their decision on where to go want to win among other things and they also know that a winning team is in the spotlight and that puts them in the spotlight.
4-8. They will win 3 they should and steal a win somewhere. I hope it is Tardville.