Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: What Kind Of Season Will The Cats Have
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
would like to hear from everyone on your thoughts of this years team.i know there still a year or so away with getting most of his type players in there.havent heard much about the qbs during the summer and fall camp about 2 weeks away,i think they make it to 6wins this year and get in a bowl,every postion will be better this year with a little more help at each..
GO CATS.................6-6 THIS YR..and haven't even looked at who they play..
3-9
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:3-9

Sounds right. Stoops will get another extension for winning 3 games also.
They should win 4 or 5 games. Still a couple years away from being competitive. I don't think a lot of people realize how bad Joker let the program get.
5 wins would be huge and a reach. Realistically 3-4 is more in their wheelhouse. Until Stoops gets a solid core of his recruits with 2-3 years under their belt and buy in…we'll continue to be the doormat of the SEC.

Another 1-2 seasons before you'll here me mention becoming bowl eligible. That length of time may increase if blue chippers continue to "smoke" their futures away!!!

Drugs are bad boys and girls… Confusednicker:
alfus21 Wrote:They should win 4 or 5 games. Still a couple years away from being competitive. I don't think a lot of people realize how bad Joker let the program get.

I knew how bad he left the program in 2004.
He was THE worst football coach in the country.
3 - 4 wins is all I can see the cats doing this year. Next year they will turn to corner and win at least 6 maybe more.
After looking at the schedule I see 4 wins could be 5 if they can get an upset on a Miss state or someone like that. We could be wrong and they might have a breakout year.
[quote=Do-double-gg]After looking at the schedule I see 4 wins could be 5 if they can get an upset on a Miss state or someone like that. We could be wrong and they might have a breakout year.[/QUOTE]

:hilarious:
Do-double-gg Wrote:After looking at the schedule I see 4 wins could be 5 if they can get an upset on a Miss state or someone like that. We could be wrong and they might have a breakout year.

Not this year. Unless 3 wins is considered a breakout year.
Spirit100 Wrote:[quote=Do-double-gg]After looking at the schedule I see 4 wins could be 5 if they can get an upset on a Miss state or someone like that. We could be wrong and they might have a breakout year.[/QUOTE]

:hilarious:

I will remember this post so I can show it to you if they do better then you think:wink:
Never forget 2006 that team was only predicted to win about 3 or 4 games and with one hit (Myron Pryor on Mario Raley during a slip screen) turned that team around. Never say never just unlikely. 4 wins this year next year about the same then go bowling the following year or at least have a legit shot.
Do-double-gg Wrote:[quote=Spirit100]

I will remember this post so I can show it to you if they do better then you think:wink:

Easy on that product that treats glaucoma….I would be pumped if the opportunity for you to check me on wins occurs. In the meantime….easy on the you know what!
A lot of buzz surrounding this program. Coach Stoops and staff have done a good job grabbing attention from some big time players. 4-5 is possible this year and a lot of it will be determined by QB play.
Here are my thoughts on UK and Stoops at the moment.

Stoops has ONE shot at turning UK around. IF he lands Harris, and other 5 star recruits like Sweat and some of the top five star guys then he has a shot.

If he does not get those guys next year, its not going to be any better than those 5 and 6 win seasons that Brooks produced and we might as well get rid of him within the next couple of years.

Ill reserve my judgement to see who he lands next year, but if he don't get the class some thinks he might, then its all over. More BAD football at UK.
Basketball should make another Final Four run

Difference between this team and last year is I think this team will win a game in the SEC, so 3-9 or 4-8
I think UK has a chance to be competitive in several SEC games this season. A bunch of SEC teams are breaking in new QB's. Vandy is breaking in a new coach and lost their best WR, Missouri lost that stud WR and there best defensive player and their starting QB. UT lost a bunch of guys too. UK played SC tough last year, the Gamecocks lost their starting QB who really hurt UK running the football. I think the Gamecocks are the clear favorite in the SEC East with UGA a close second. UK's poor QB play got a lot of press last season but IMO the O-line was also a major problem. I still wonder about that game were Miller a UK tackle just let his man go untouched an KILL poor Max Smith! Sports betting websites had Miller on the "watch list" as a player who may be effecting the point spread or the starting QB race. I posted on here about it last year and it seem as if nobody else noticed. All I know is it looked bad on Miller! NO matter who wins the QB job the O-line needs to protect the passer a WHOLE lot better!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Here are my thoughts on UK and Stoops at the moment.

Stoops has ONE shot at turning UK around. IF he lands Harris, and other 5 star recruits like Sweat and some of the top five star guys then he has a shot.

If he does not get those guys next year, its not going to be any better than those 5 and 6 win seasons that Brooks produced and we might as well get rid of him within the next couple of years.

Ill reserve my judgement to see who he lands next year, but if he don't get the class some thinks he might, then its all over. More BAD football at UK.
I will take one of those 6 win seasons like Brooks had! You have to be one the most negative person that writes on this website! I am glad you are not my boss at work because you are a tough cat to please!
I am going with 4-8.
honestjchsfan Wrote:I will take one of those 6 win seasons like Brooks had! You have to be one the most negative person that writes on this website! I am glad you are not my boss at work because you are a tough cat to please!

Everything that is UK football is negative.

And I wouldn't hire you.
I'll say 4-8.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Everything that is UK football is negative.

And I wouldn't hire you.

You would never get a chance to hire me! I would never work with you flipping burgers!
:popcorn:
Should beat the 3 cupcakes..
I honestly think Mississippi State and Vandy are wins.
I'm gonna go with 5-7.
maybe even 6-6 with an upset against Louisville.. without Teddy, won't be good at all, so that will at least be a close game in my opinion.
^
Welcome back
honestjchsfan Wrote:You would never get a chance to hire me! I would never work with you flipping burgers!

Flipping burgers as a head chef in a top NYC restaurant pays more than everyone on this thread put together....
If Towles can be productive and we stay healthy....I can see Kentucky winning 5-6 games....I guarantee we don't go winless in the SEC this year.......we will beat someone and have a shot to win 2-3 SEC games........Florida is down, Vandy will be down, Louisville is down, Missouri will be good but not as good....so I can see us with 5-6 wins. However if injuries start happening and our quaterback play isn't up to par then 4 wins tops.
Without Teddy you think U of L won't be any good at all? U OF L has a lot of weapons on offense. Defense has some shoes to fill. Gardner was offered by Bama and though no Bridgewater he is capable. I hated Strong's offense. Petrino will be wide open. I won't make any predictions on a rival game. Louisville is in a big boy conference and will lose some games but I do think they can compete in the ACC.
I think if UK can win 5 games and be competitive throughout the season, then they will be on track. Joker killed the program, and set it back to the stone ages. Right now, BUILDING a solid SEC roster, creating an identification, and changing the mindset will be the challenge for Stoops. I believe he will, but UK fans need to be patient with him. I think UK goes 5-7 this season, 6-6 next year, but in two years, I think the possibility to win 8 games is very real. I like Stoops, and I love the staff he has built, but he took over a dead program, and nobody in America could have done any better with the team he had last year. Give him time, and UK fans will be rewarded.
Kentucky will get back to being competitive and upset here and there but UK still isn't outrecruiting the big boys in the SEC...and they are very well coached too. The Bamas..LSUs...Georgia...Florida...load up. U of L....isn't on the level of Florida State...Clemson. Miami is loading up...then you got Note Dame. Can't wait for football season though.
Pages: 1 2