Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Hall resigns
Yes there were several applicants.
They were applicants but the job was promised to Hager as soon as Mike was ask to resign or be fired.
Was this strictly political? I can't see any other reason for that hire? That's insane to me
Mike is the best baseball mind in the region, including his brother. Granted his organization skills with his team and preparation were lacking to say it lightly. However, he would out-coach anyone in that region. No question. Not even close
Has Mike been hired anywhere?
15thRegionIdol Wrote:Has Mike been hired anywhere?

I'm assuming he will spend this season with JC? I do not know that to be the case, but that would seem to be the logical move. Unless he is willing to be an assistant, there are not many opportunities right now, especially if he has no intention of leaving eastern Kentucky. I'm guessing the only assistant job he'd consider would be with his brother? If a head coaching job comes open after this season in the general area of eastern KY I'd say he'd be a front runner for it? I'm not sure how much longer priode will be at pikeville, but Pikeville may not be interested in him? That's the only possibility I see as far as jobs coming open, but things happen every year, and there's been rumors about priode leaving ever since they hired him. So that may be far fetched too?
I'm uncertain that anyone wants him as far as the teaching aspect goes. As you all know, coaching pay isn't where the primary income lies and you must be a decent teacher who follows rules first. (Unless you're in an area that can afford a much larger coaching stipend, of course, but that is few and far between...)
15thRegionIdol Wrote:I'm uncertain that anyone wants him as far as the teaching aspect goes. As you all know, coaching pay isn't where the primary income lies and you must be a decent teacher who follows rules first. (Unless you're in an area that can afford a much larger coaching stipend, of course, but that is few and far between...)

I'm not sure? Teachers aren't exactly lining up at the door to teach these days.
I seriously doubt he will be at JC given the exit he had there. Liberties with female students was very much frowned upon by at that time a board member and father in law if I remember it right. Then again, maybe it was just a rumor.
TigerBlues Wrote:I seriously doubt he will be at JC given the exit he had there. Liberties with female students was very much frowned upon by at that time a board member and father in law if I remember it right. Then again, maybe it was just a rumor.

If his brother wants him then I doubt that'd matter? Plus he may keep teaching at SC and coach at JC as an assistant?
baseball1974 Wrote:If his brother wants him then I doubt that'd matter? Plus he may keep teaching at SC and coach at JC as an assistant?

Mike Hall resigned as a teacher at Sheldon Clark. To my knowledge, he is currently unemployed.

He also had similar issues with inappropriate student relationships at Sheldon Clark.
baseball1974 Wrote:If his brother wants him then I doubt that'd matter? Plus he may keep teaching at SC and coach at JC as an assistant?

So you are saying it doesn't matter if the reason he was fired at JC was for romantic relationship with a student ? Seriously?
TigerBlues Wrote:So you are saying it doesn't matter if the reason he was fired at JC was for romantic relationship with a student ? Seriously?

I'm not saying it shouldn't matter, but eastern KY can sometimes forgive and forget if its been long enough. For example, Chris Lawson now at Pike Central and of course Robert Taylor. I was shocked when a college actually hired Taylor, and then he turns around and does it again and is forced out.