Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mike Hall resigns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Official today mike hall has stepped down from the head coaching position as of yesterday. It will be interesting to who will apply for this job. P
Wow!!!
Is he going to another school or retiring?
What was Mike's overall record and accomplishments at Sheldon Clark?
I would look for Coach Hall to show up somewhere else in the 15th.
Heard he is headed to Phelps and it would be announced Wednesday.
The rumor I have been hearing is JC. Heard his brother took a principal job.

Like I said though....RUMOR.
Shawn Hall I spoke with today and as far as he knows he will be coaching the EAGLES! Not Mike.
^OK...Thanks.
Sc lost a good baseball coach. Always did a good job with the talent he had.
^Yes he did.
Has got to be more than a simple resignation.
OffTheHook Wrote:The rumor I have been hearing is JC. Heard his brother took a principal job.

Like I said though....RUMOR.

But if had legs, it would be an interesting school board meeting.
Big Don Wrote:Heard he is headed to Phelps and it would be announced Wednesday.

And now that TB is getting the cold shoulder in Feds Creek I hear he may be headed there as well.
Sheldon Clark won the 15th in '05. Over the last 5 seasons (per KHSAA) they are 63-98, advancing to regional tournament once. Amazingly they did not play a game outside the 14th, 15th or 16th regions, and only played 4 opponents not from one of those three regions (Mingo Central at Pburg in 14, Monticello at Cordia in 13, Matewan at Pikeville in 12, and Seneca at Paintsville in 11). The 57th district has been the strongest east of Lexington for a while now. I think whoever takes the job should beef up the schedule to prepare for the postseason.
Hi guys. Phelps isn't searching for a baseball coach, they already have one, just to clear that up with everyone. Smile
rawlingsfan Wrote:Sheldon Clark won the 15th in '05. Over the last 5 seasons (per KHSAA) they are 63-98, advancing to regional tournament once. Amazingly they did not play a game outside the 14th, 15th or 16th regions, and only played 4 opponents not from one of those three regions (Mingo Central at Pburg in 14, Monticello at Cordia in 13, Matewan at Pikeville in 12, and Seneca at Paintsville in 11). The 57th district has been the strongest east of Lexington for a while now. I think whoever takes the job should beef up the schedule to prepare for the postseason.

Pikeville won it in '05...Sheldon Clark won the 15th in '06.
I think in retirement because he was already old
mrfyzv Wrote:I think in retirement because he was already old

It may seem like he's been coaching forever if you're young, and correct me if I'm wrong here, but I'm pretty sure he's not cracked 50 yet (I wanna say he graduated from JC in 1984). Many here would probably argue about that being old. I'm sure he'll end up somewhere. Knows too much baseball not to.
Diogenes Wrote:It may seem like he's been coaching forever if you're young, and correct me if I'm wrong here, but I'm pretty sure he's not cracked 50 yet (I wanna say he graduated from JC in 1984). Many here would probably argue about that being old. I'm sure he'll end up somewhere. Knows too much baseball not to.

'85
I heard from a close source that Mr. Hall was let go. He did not resign. He was given no choice in the matter. This whole resignation is a cover up to make him not look bad. Now if only they could get him to "resign" as a ref.
Mezzo Wrote:I heard from a close source that Mr. Hall was let go. He did not resign. He was given no choice in the matter. This whole resignation is a cover up to make him not look bad. Now if only they could get him to "resign" as a ref.

Heard the same thing Mezzo
He was fired from coaching. I was under the wrong impression when I made this post. But he did resign from his teaching position.
rumor is new super did not like him for some reason. so he let him go as baseball coach and hall decided to resign from teaching as well I wish him the best. He will be hard to replace.
Shawn Hager (who also coaches football at Sheldon Clark) is the new baseball coach as of last week.
kaylamoore Wrote:Shawn Hager (who also coaches football at Sheldon Clark) is the new baseball coach as of last week.

Wow! Struggling football coach takes over baseball.
Spoke with their assistant coach Harless a few days ago about the matter and couldn't really get much out of him. We all thought he would be the head coach and was shocked to hear Hager. He will be a tough loss for Sheldon Clark and no doubt will make someone a fine head coach one day. Who will be on the staff there and does Shawn Hager have any baseball past? Someone told me that he was all football and a super basketball guy but, not sure of baseball.
Dan Harless didnt even apply for the job
was it even posted to apply for?
Isn't it policy that these positions have to consider school staff before hiring outside? I could be wrong but I think that's the case.
Pages: 1 2