•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre-Season Mountain Top 10
I'm thrilled that most people are ranking us 2nd or 3rd, but because of cockiness or anything, because it speaks volumes about the mountains being up when a state champion favorite is not considered by far the best team. And really, I like it that way. Looks good on our region, and doesn't hurt our chances at another ring. Win for Pond Creek and mountain football.
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:So your sayin since they shut out Belfry in Middle School that Pikeville better than who, BELFRY HIGH SCHOOL..just askin cause while yes Pikeville Middle did win and deserved that championship..But the BMS team lost a very intragul coach that year and the HEAD coach at BMS that year had kids in the wrong spot...my point is the same kids give or take one or two will be on the field this year again but at the high school level..(yes we got a couple WV kids that wasn't there but Pikeville has a couple from other schools that wasn't there either). So let's see who gets shut out...Not tryin to make an excuse it just is what it is...It will still be a 4 or 5 touchdown win once again.
No, I'm saying that was a special group of kids who beat an excellent program 3 times in one year. Don't read anymore into it than that. Don't start trolling and putting words into my mouth.
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:Oh my bad,maybe I took it a little wrong...
No offense, you took it a lot wrong. Being better than Belfry wasn't even mentioned. Read a little slower next time. :eyeroll:
Slow down Pikeville held a lot of kids back that year and belfry only had one to stay back and in the last game if I remember right it was a 6-0 game.
1. Pulaski County
2. Belfry
3. Johnson Central
4. Corbin
5. Harlan County
6. Williamsburg
7. Bell County
8. Southwestern
9. Knox Central
10. Middlesboro

I know I'll probably take some criticism on Southwestern. There will be a daylight to dark difference from last year to this year. I think they go 6-4 at worst. They surprise some people in week 2 at Corbin this year. Mark it down.
To quote a buddy: "It's too early to tell how good Belfry will be until the signing period is over." Confusednicker:
1. Pulaski County
2. Belfry
3. Johnson Central
4. Harlan County
5. Prestonsburg
6. Bell county
7. Southwestern
8. Corbin
9. Williamsburg
10. Pike central
I completely agree, Southwestern will make a statement in 2014. Top notch coach with a young talented team, should be a fun season to watch.
jetpilot Wrote:To quote a buddy: "It's too early to tell how good Belfry will be until the signing period is over." Confusednicker:

I hope Pikeville's fancy new helmets help out 40 times and bench numbers... And yards per carry. Gonna need it.
Belfry0304 Wrote:I'm thrilled that most people are ranking us 2nd or 3rd, but because of cockiness or anything, because it speaks volumes about the mountains being up when a state champion favorite is not considered by far the best team. And really, I like it that way. Looks good on our region, and doesn't hurt our chances at another ring. Win for Pond Creek and mountain football.

I think Belfry is no doubt the top football program in Eastern Kentucky, but they don't have the best team, in my opinion. Pulaski is the top team, and Belfry and Johnson Central are a toss up for second. I put Johnson Central ahead of Belfry based off last years game between the two, and I feel like the loss of Warren will hurt Belfry more than most think. When it is all said and done, Belfry will once again be back in Bowling Green competing for another state championship.
64SUR Wrote:Look closely Mysonis55 Corbin could be the team representing the west in 3A this year Confusederiously:

They have a long way to go. They better focus on winning the district first.
Truth_Hurts Wrote:1. Pulaski County
2. Belfry
3. Johnson Central
4. Harlan County
5. Prestonsburg
6. Bell county
7. Southwestern
8. Corbin
9. Williamsburg
10. Pike central
I completely agree, Southwestern will make a statement in 2014. Top notch coach with a young talented team, should be a fun season to watch.

Not bad list I would put McCreary central at no. 9 and bump Williamsburg out. McCreary is my sleeper team in 14
PHSForever Wrote:No, I'm saying that was a special group of kids who beat an excellent program 3 times in one year. Don't read anymore into it than that. Don't start trolling and putting words into my mouth.

And who the hell might you be..I troll when and where I want and say what I want and I will put what ever I want in your mouth..now if you wanna be a smarta$$ I can take it to that level,and go to a level that you don't wanna go to..Coaching won that middle school title that year it wasnt because the kids were any better than ours..no I'm not saying that those kids from pikeville aren't good but Shane (A Belfry Boy) did a good job that year with those boys...again the same boys will be on the field this year and see what happens it will be like always a running clock...Pikeville will never beat BELFRY..and you are a living example of a snot nosed prissy a$$ Panther fan(not all are like you) that can't stand the fact that we are ten times better of a Football team and Program than you will ever have. You can have your baseball,basketball,and academics. But from August to December Belfry is always on top..Yes we do play football in December I know you guys ain't use to that but it happens...So read this Slow and Kiss my big A double S.....YT out
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:And who the hell might you be..I troll when and where I want and say what I want and I will put what ever I want in your mouth..now if you wanna be a smarta$$ I can take it to that level,and go to a level that you don't wanna go to..Coaching won that middle school title that year it wasnt because the kids were any better than ours..no I'm not saying that those kids from pikeville aren't good but Shane (A Belfry Boy) did a good job that year with those boys...again the same boys will be on the field this year and see what happens it will be like always a running clock...Pikeville will never beat BELFRY..and you are a living example of a snot nosed prissy a$$ Panther fan(not all are like you) that can't stand the fact that we are ten times better of a Football team and Program than you will ever have. You can have your baseball,basketball,and academics. But from August to December Belfry is always on top..Yes we do play football in December I know you guys ain't use to that but it happens...So read this Slow and Kiss my big A double S.....YT out

Confusednicker:
^ He did have a point though JP. This isn't the "academics" forum. Wink
I will take a Football State Championship Trophy over a Spelling Bee Trophy any day.. I just figured why Pikeville Beats us in basketball all the time. They are practicing in the gym while we are still on the field....lol
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:And who the hell might you be..I troll when and where I want and say what I want and I will put what ever I want in your mouth..now if you wanna be a smarta$$ I can take it to that level,and go to a level that you don't wanna go to..Coaching won that middle school title that year it wasnt because the kids were any better than ours..no I'm not saying that those kids from pikeville aren't good but Shane (A Belfry Boy) did a good job that year with those boys...again the same boys will be on the field this year and see what happens it will be like always a running clock...Pikeville will never beat BELFRY..and you are a living example of a snot nosed prissy a$$ Panther fan(not all are like you) that can't stand the fact that we are ten times better of a Football team and Program than you will ever have. You can have your baseball,basketball,and academics. But from August to December Belfry is always on top..Yes we do play football in December I know you guys ain't use to that but it happens...So read this Slow and Kiss my big A double S.....YT out
Trust me, you can try bringing your "level"of smarta@@ all day. Who the hell I might be doesn't matter a bit. What matters is you're a slow twit who obviously failed reading comprehension and I was pointing it out. The fact you got as defensive about me calling you out about it as you did is hilarious. The level of snarkiness and trolling that goes on on this site and you react like you did towards me? Pi@@ off, enjoy the rest of the thread. Got anything else to say, DM it to me. Otherwise let's talk football on here.
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:I will take a Football State Championship Trophy over a Spelling Bee Trophy any day.. I just figured why Pikeville Beats us in basketball all the time. They are practicing in the gym while we are still on the field....lol
Or it could just be that we're better in basketball, baseball, academics, etc. Guess WV hasn't been producing much on the hardwood talent for y'all lately. It'll get better. Maybe that missing $50k over at BMS will help. :-)
PHSForever Wrote:Trust me, you can try bringing your "level"of smarta@@ all day. Who the hell I might be doesn't matter a bit. What matters is you're a slow twit who obviously failed reading comprehension and I was pointing it out. The fact you got as defensive about me calling you out about it as you did is hilarious. The level of snarkiness and trolling that goes on on this site and you react like you did towards me? Pi@@ off, enjoy the rest of the thread. Got anything else to say, DM it to me. Otherwise let's talk football on here.

I say who I am on here...and although my typing skills aren't the greatest. Your level of education and contribution to society will never match mine. although I don't know what a DM is? So bring what you got, its obvious my level of football knowledge is way beyond the knowledge you have, but I am from Belfry and your from Pikeville so that automatically makes me better, and about the 50 grand, I'm sure its harder for us to keep track of all of our ticket sales and concession money because we fill the stands, I mean who goes and watches Pikeville play and Maybe you could get some of those WV players like you did back in the 80's and 90's if you had oh lets say a chance at winning a ring. Confusedinglepar
Take it down a notch
now that I got this ignorant Pikeville fan in check,
1. Belfry
2. Pulaski Co
3. Harlan Co
4. Southwestern
5. Johnson Central
6. Corbin
7. Bell County
8. Paintsville
9. Williamsburg
10. Prestonsburg
When is signing period over?

Signing period is a like a sport, too, a sport that we yet again are better at than Pikeville.
Banker's Bank Wrote:Not bad list I would put McCreary central at no. 9 and bump Williamsburg out. McCreary is my sleeper team in 14

Confusednicker:
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:now that I got this ignorant Pikeville fan in check,
1. Belfry
2. Pulaski Co
3. Harlan Co
4. Southwestern
5. Johnson Central
6. Corbin
7. Bell County
8. Paintsville
9. Williamsburg
10. Prestonsburg

Belfry is probably in the number 3 spot at best.
pjdoug Wrote:Belfry is probably in the number 3 spot at best.

Really :thatsfunn
No way belfry is number 3 spot at best. C'mon.
Hahaha
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:I say who I am on here...and although my typing skills aren't the greatest. Your level of education and contribution to society will never match mine. although I don't know what a DM is? So bring what you got, its obvious my level of football knowledge is way beyond the knowledge you have, but I am from Belfry and your from Pikeville so that automatically makes me better, and about the 50 grand, I'm sure its harder for us to keep track of all of our ticket sales and concession money because we fill the stands, I mean who goes and watches Pikeville play and Maybe you could get some of those WV players like you did back in the 80's and 90's if you had oh lets say a chance at winning a ring. Confusedinglepar
Hahaha. Dude, don't even go there. You want to keep on dreaming about your education and contribution to society, go right ahead. You've done nothing in your posts, nor said anything, to somehow prove your knowledge of football is way above mine. Based on what I've read, you think being from Belfry automatically makes you more knowledgeable about football than anyone else. YOU are the very type of fan who gives Belfry a bad name. I have much respect for Belfry, and have never said anything bad about them on here. But in your very best, typical "I'm a Belfry fan, we are the greatest" fashion, you've once again proved being good in football doesn't equal being classy. I have family from over there, they graduated from Belfry, go to every game, have for years, and they still cringe every time some yahoo like you opens their mouth. You in no way have me "in check" and couldn't if you tried.

Oh, and a DM is "direct message" or private message. Good job, good effort.

:lmao:
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:now that I got this ignorant Pikeville fan in check,
1. Belfry
2. Pulaski Co
3. Harlan Co
4. Southwestern
5. Johnson Central
6. Corbin
7. Bell County
8. Paintsville
9. Williamsburg
10. Prestonsburg

I'm in agreement with Paintsville at 8 for now .
TigerBlues Wrote:I'm in agreement with Paintsville at 8 for now .

Better than Williamsburg, Prestonsburg, Hazard and Pikeville (to name a few)? Don't see Paintsville beating any of those teams but it's early and it's all guesses at this point.
jetpilot Wrote:Better than Williamsburg, Prestonsburg, Hazard and Pikeville (to name a few)? Don't see Paintsville beating any of those teams but it's early and it's all guesses at this point.

Dang it Jetpilot I can't slide anything past you :notbad:
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next