Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6th Grade Games
That is what I heard at the game last Tues. I was shocked when I heard Highlands was starting a 4th grader. I realize others teams have 4th graders but to be as good as what they are and starting a 4th grader ?? WOW !!!

Yes it is probably true, you can put the other teams together and Highlands may still beat them. They remind me of team they had when the Jackson kid played for them. Last year they wasn't a bad team, but not as good as they are this year.

I think it is possible that Meade will move the ball on them tho. They are big and have a big running back.

I heard today something happened with the coaches after the Central and Highlands game, are there any truth to that ?
5th graders that start are Bingham and Crum. If they have a 4th grader that starts he is a very old 4th grader. I know every kid on the Highlands team and every kid on it should be out of the 4th grade.
You know every kid on highland's team ok if u say so lolol. The kid that starts for them is 10 years old and a 4th grader not a very old 4th grader
What's funny about knowing all the kids that play at highlands. The 4th grader must start on D at corner or something. Because highlands entire starting back field and entire line except for Bingham are 6th graders. 10 as a 4th grader is a hold back.
Bingham and crum are holdbacks too.
What's so funny is that all you people think highland is the only one that does that in the county. Meade has ton of holdbacks so does central .
I know meade and central does. I was just saying lol. I don't mind holdbacks.
Every school in the county has holdbacks every school in Kentucky has holdbacks. I wish everyone would quit crying and just play ball. They're all coming together at the middle school for a State championship and at the high school to win a state championship. It doesn't matter what color they wire now just what color they wire in high school go black and gold
I didn't state my opinion on hold backs one way or the other. I didn't say I was against hold backs. I only said if they had a 4th grader that started he was a older 4th grader. The only down side I see to holding a kid back is if you do it twice and yes they are kids that are held back twice in some elementary schools. Shoot the high school has 3 freshman that are 16 years old right now. I know some seniors that are 16 right now. But to state my opinion I think 1 stay back year is a good idea for most student athletes. I just don't like to see 13 and 14 year old kids in 6th grade glorifying beating 10yr old 5th graders and some 6th graders are 10. I know we have 2 5th graders that are 9 still yet.
Well this post is like every other post on here it is getting out of control. Don't Johnson County and the KHSAA have rules in place for things like this ? Looks like as long as they obey the rules what is the problem? I don't know much about Flat Gap or Porter. However I do know the rest of the Elementary schools pretty well. All of them have hold backs and more than one or two. I have a 10 year old niece and she is in 4th grade and she has never been held back.

This is what I always thought

4th grade- 10 years olds
5th grade - 11
6th grade- 12
That's what I thought was normal.

The biggest thing in Johnson County schools I see is the coaching, you have one or two coaches that run plays just like the high school and others look like they are taking plays from a book or something. I have came down and watched these games for the last 5 or 6 years. You can tell by watching the schools that are really well coached and the ones that are not.
Anyone know the seeding for grade schools yet ?
1) Highlands
2) Central
3) WR
4) Meade
5) Porter
6) Flat Gap

1 and 2 gets a bye. 3 plays 6 and 4 plays 5. After the first round on Tuesday the lowest remaining seed probably the 4 plays the 1 seed then the highest seed plays the 2 seed. So after Tuesday it should be Highlands playing Meade and Central playing WR.
Meade should have been the two seed but they didn't win when they should have good luck to all teams play hard
I was talking to some guys after church this morning. They seem to think Highlands Elementary has some injuries. Does anyone know if this is true ?
If so, it should be really interesting.
I haven't heard anything. But I wonder who it is?
Heard it was the Preston, Scott, and the Willis kid .
How did they get hurt?
Preston nor Willis either one are hurt. Their good to go. Scott I don't know.
How do you know ? Have you talked to the coach ?
So no one is injured?
Like I said before I just heard that this morning. The guys that were talking about it did not know who the players were. They just knew they had a couple players that were injured but didn't know who.

If this is true and the players were starters then Highlands may lose for the first time in a couple of years.
I've spoken to someone real close to the Preston kidand I know the Willis kids mom. They are a go they will be playing. Now as far as any injuries I don't know. They could have a few other kids hurt but that i don't know.
How do you know the Willis's kid mom?
Just talked to a parent, his boy plays on the team. He said Highlands will have 2 starters out. The playoffs just got interesting !!!!!!

I do hate that for them, I don't like to see anyone get hurt doing something they love.
Do you know which players it is? And how they got hurt?
I heard highland had a transfer from pikeville. RB/LB 5'10" 170# fast very fast
That's how all the players got injuried
No he is 6"1 210 and going to start
I didn't mean for my comment to get taken like this. I was just saying that I know Highlands has a couple kids hurt. I now know who they are but it wouldn't be right to name the kids on here. However I do believe the Saturday morning game between Meade and Highlands will be a tight one. Whoever wins, wins by a TD. That could be the championship game in my opinion.
The Jackson kid is out for Highlands with a leg injury. There starting center not sure of name has stitches in his head but will probably play.
Well I was not going to say any names but yes that is the same two that I heard as well. This will make the game interesting. Very low score.

I will still take Highlands in a close one, 14-8

I take Central over WR Castle 28-14

Who plays first and what time ?????