Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6th Grade Games
I was just curious as to who may have 6th grade middle school teams?
all of Johnson county schools have 5th and 6th grade teams
Last season JCTMS had a lot of 6th graders, most jcps schools won't know until school starts if we will for. A 6th grade only team..
south and north laurel both have a 6th grade team. hazard and harlan co do
All the teams in harlan county have 5&6th grade teams new harlan, evarts, and cumberland.
Johnson County has some pretty good 5th and 6th grade teams. Flat Gap and Highland Elementary have been at the top of that list for the past few years. I would like to see them play other 6th grade teams in the state.
We had the QB from flat gap on the FBU 6th grade team and he was real good...
I know highland will play anyone that wants to play this year, they have really good team this year .
Johnson county Highland Elementary 5th and 6th by far best team in Johnson county. I believe they've won the county championship the last 2 or 3 yrs and should be the team to beat this upcoming season.
I'd like to see the county schools play more outside teams
Highland Elementary's 5th and 6th grade teams has been really good over the past 2 or 3 years and I agree they should be good this coming year as well.
highland is looking for some outside games this year. I know they are going to play Prestonsburg and Allen. I was hoping they might get chance to play Pikeville or belfry.
Oldham County Youth Football League started a division this season just for 6th graders. They seemed to get lost in the shuffle of 7th and 8th grade teams at their schools so this gives them a place to play, get coached up and get on the field. The kids will be aligned by the middle schools they attend. We have seen some of the middle schools support this by encouraging the incoming 6th graders to play at the youth league then come back to the middle school program as 7th graders. We are hoping it catches on.
I would like to see Highland Elementary play Pikeville and Belfry as well. It would good for them. I also heard Cental Elementary is going to be really good this year also, so that is another Johnson County team that is looking good.
there isn't any team in Johnson county that will give highland a game at all this year.
Why is it that I never heard of any kids from these teams, other than flat gap, when we were looking for 6th grade FBU players...
Because we go straight into basketball as soon as football is over. I think there is some of the kids from highland that want to do it this year.
You have been missing out on some great players if you have not got any from this Highland team. I don't think they have lost in 2 years and won the Johnson County Championship the last 3 years in a row. Very good kids and football players from what I have seen and heard. Check them out
Cool, well if you know any kids who would be interested make sure you get film on them...couple minute highlight....and we can go from there

Thanks
Highlands is more of a team ball team they rely on all 11 of the field. They had a young back field last season. I believe their FB is the only player they loss from their back field. Most of the other county schools had 1 or 2 stand out players. Flat gap had the Rice kid along with Wilder and May. Porter had the Allen kid (his older brother played in the 8th FBU team) they also had I believe Fairchild kid and a really good player on defense sorry don't remember the name WR had the Preece QB he will have a bright future at that position in middle school WR also had the WR Preece threw too. Meade school just doesn't have the kids anymore and Central elementary was a young team I think had a lot of 4th and 5th playing
Yes, I agree Highland Elementary seem to play as one unit and have good football players in most positions. I don't think they lose a lot either. Flat Gap also had ALOT of talent in the Rice kid, followed with Wilder and the May kid. If the QB from WR Castle Elementary will stay with football he will be something special in middle school and high school. I hope he sticks with it.
I agree, from what I have seen Highland Elementary seems to play as a team and have good ball players in most positions. I don't think they lose a lot either. A lot of their kids were 5th graders. Flat Gap had a lot of talent in the Rice kid followed by May and Wilder. The QB from WR Castle Elementary you are talking about could really be special one day. A lot of talent in those Johnson County Schools.
Anyone else think we need to put a little more focus on our 6th grade or middle school C teams? I believe we need more 6th grade games in Southeastern KY.
Highland football team is looking for game before August 15th.
From what I remember in the past the Highland team normally plays a couple out of teams out of county. I hear Central Elementary and WR teams are going to be really good this year as well in Johnson County. Had Lawrence County ever played any one of Johnson in 6th or 7th ?
Bluegrass is just a few kids away from having a true 6th grade team.. Our 7th grade team has 8 6th graders starting
I really think Meade is going to surprise some people. They have one of the fastest back in the county in browning. Also returning slone plus 90% of everyone else I think there gonna be tough. Just my opinion. Also they are looking for a couple games before the 15th too. Thanks
I think Meade is going to suprise some people. They have a lot of 6th graders and in my opinion one of the fastest backs in the county in browning. I think it'll be a more even field this year.
I spoke with someone today from Meade and their thinking they may be the team to beat this year in Johnson County A lot of talk about the Browning kid. This is a good thing to see Meade back in the mix. So are Central and Meade the teams to beat down there in Johnson county ?
Highland
Highland central and Meade. Should be a dog fight. The thing with the browning kid is that this is only his 2nd year playing football. He's got a lot of talent. Hope he sticks with it