Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 2014 schedule
Harlan County and Perry Central had no problem with two-year contracts. Belfry and JC renew every two years. I don't see why any other schools would have a problem with it.
doubledown Wrote:Can see where the size school JC is & their location makes it difficult to find local teams
in area to schedule. Maybe they need to call across river to West Virginia as Huntington
to Charleston has plenty of schools same size or larger that maybe interested.
West Virginia does a 4 year or 6 year contacts and every team is on the last year of there contracts , just call one see what they tell you try George Washington Ashland plays them every year . They will tell you they have a six yr contract .
You can call me full crap stupid whatever I no Jim has emailed or called almost ever team with in a 3 hour drive and they all tell you the same thing thanks but no thanks call back next year yes you can play elder or all the power house in cinn but they won't give you a return home game . Every body should be asking pike central Lawrence county Prestonsburg pikeville why don't you play us we played for 20 years come on now ,
doubledown Wrote:Can see where the size school JC is & their location makes it difficult to find local teams
in area to schedule. Maybe they need to call across river to West Virginia as Huntington
to Charleston has plenty of schools same size or larger that maybe interested.
West Virginia does a 4 year or 6 year contacts and every team is on the last year of there contracts , just call one see what they tell you try George Washington Ashland plays them every year . They will tell you they have a six yr contract .
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Dates.... Locations??

I would love to see a true completed schedule also.
Lynch47 Wrote:The rest of the story is Pulaski wanted a 1-year deal for JC to play them in their bowl game. JC agreed if they would do the return, which they would not. Can't blame them, besides only having 3 home games and with scheduling as hard as it is anyways, working out 2 year deals is the best way to prevent yourself from scrambling to find a game at the last moment like last year. The last I heard was that JC said the offer is still good and if Pulaski changes their mind and will grant a return game to call them back and they will gladly play. The phone has been silent.
pulaski asked for a one year deal because of contracts starting over in 2015. Pulaski then would have played home and away Jc wanted nothing to do with it.
meat loaf Wrote:pulaski asked for a one year deal because of contracts starting over in 2015. Pulaski then would have played home and away Jc wanted nothing to do with it.

Confusednicker:Confusednicker:
Really? If they are willing to do it next year why not go ahead and set it up this year? What difference does it make when the 2 year agreement is made. It is easy for a team to get a 1 year deal then say they will sign a 2 year later but then when time comes for the ink to meet the paper they refuse. Get it in writing now, hell make it a 3 year deal and your issue is solved. If all they are willing to sign now is a 1 year deal, then I don't blame them.
eagles2011 Wrote:West Virginia does a 4 year or 6 year contacts and every team is on the last year of there contracts , just call one see what they tell you try George Washington Ashland plays them every year . They will tell you they have a six yr contract .

Another thing that hinders WV teams playing KY teams is that WV playoffs are done by a points system and only the top 16 teams in each of the 3 classes make it. Many teams like to schedule a Mann or a Poca to get the wins and keep their numbers high instead of playing a quality opponent.
Lynch47 Wrote:Another thing that hinders WV teams playing KY teams is that WV playoffs are done by a points system and only the top 16 teams in each of the 3 classes make it. Many teams like to schedule a Mann or a Poca to get the wins and keep their numbers high instead of playing a quality opponent.
With this being said about WV football then sounds like the Eagles better make some offers locals can't refuse or get a new bus & be ready to travel
Ashland, Boyd County, Rowan County and Greenup County are district games.. so thats 4

Belfry is listed on the khsaa.org scoreboard.... so that makes 5.

Somebody posted Perry County Central and Harlan County... so thats 7.

So that leaves three "open" spots. I'm sure they already have games... but people who are in the loop don't wanna post it on here because of certain 'Watchdog' members who put other JC members on blast for just trying to find out our schedule.........

I love getting PM's from members on here who think their mystical screen name hides their identity. And yes, I admit when I was on "the other site" I made some comments that probably weren't the smartest thing to say, but you live and learn. But some people can't get over that. They think that they can still hang something over my head from 10+ years ago.

I love the JC athletic program. And it's no secret who I am........ But just because somebody may not like what is said by me or other members doesn't mean it's wrong or out of the way. If that was the case, I would be sending PM's all the time to members who say stuff that I don't like.

SO with that said. When JC's schedule is completed would somebody please post it Smile
I work with a guy from Proctorville Ohio and he said JC is on Fairlands schedule. Not sure of the date.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Ashland, Boyd County, Rowan County and Greenup County are district games.. so thats 4

Belfry is listed on the khsaa.org scoreboard.... so that makes 5.

Somebody posted Perry County Central and Harlan County... so thats 7.

So that leaves three "open" spots. I'm sure they already have games... but people who are in the loop don't wanna post it on here because of certain 'Watchdog' members who put other JC members on blast for just trying to find out our schedule.........

I love getting PM's from members on here who think their mystical screen name hides their identity. And yes, I admit when I was on "the other site" I made some comments that probably weren't the smartest thing to say, but you live and learn. But some people can't get over that. They think that they can still hang something over my head from 10+ years ago.

I love the JC athletic program. And it's no secret who I am........ But just because somebody may not like what is said by me or other members doesn't mean it's wrong or out of the way. If that was the case, I would be sending PM's all the time to members who say stuff that I don't like.

SO with that said. When JC's schedule is completed would somebody please post it Smile

A) Wrong
B) Yes
Lynch47 Wrote:Another thing that hinders WV teams playing KY teams is that WV playoffs are done by a points system and only the top 16 teams in each of the 3 classes make it. Many teams like to schedule a Mann or a Poca to get the wins and keep their numbers high instead of playing a quality opponent.

Whoa! Not so fast as Corso would say haha. Scheduling a "Man"(Class "A") or "Poca"(Class "AA") team doesn't benefit you
at all with our point system. Not picking on either program, but with their recent losing records, it hurts you. The tougher schedule you play (including playing out of state teams) benefits you in the long-run....especially if you win the game. It really makes each game more "important" and when the season gets to week 7 or 8 things get very interesting for those teams that are "on the fence" of making the top 16 or even the undefeated ones.

Now with that said, some teams do schedule "cupcake" schedules and go
8-2 or 9-1 and end up with a 8, 9 or, 10 seed and get absolutely obliterated
in the first round by a team that may have a similar or even worse record, but played more quality opponents.
MCMiner247 Wrote:Whoa! Not so fast as Corso would say haha. Scheduling a "Man"(Class "A") or "Poca"(Class "AA") team doesn't benefit you
at all with our point system. Not picking on either program, but with their recent losing records, it hurts you. The tougher schedule you play (including playing out of state teams) benefits you in the long-run....especially if you win the game. It really makes each game more "important" and when the season gets to week 7 or 8 things get very interesting for those teams that are "on the fence" of making the top 16 or even the undefeated ones.

in the first round by a team that may have a similar or even worse record, but played more quality opponents.

Sometimes during a season a lost is a good before playoff...Just saying :popcorn:
64SUR Wrote:Sometimes during a season a lost is a good before playoff...Just saying :popcorn:

Totally agree man, Id rather have a loss or even a few going in and knowing you're vulnerable rather than being on a very high horse and get knocked off lol.
MCMiner247 Wrote:Whoa! Not so fast as Corso would say haha. Scheduling a "Man"(Class "A") or "Poca"(Class "AA") team doesn't benefit you

Do losses also not drop your position in state rankings regardless of whether it was against a quality opponent or not? Ask Logan why they dropped JC and chose to play Man and Lincoln County. That was the primary reason, so they could keep the blemishes off their record, even though their schedule may not have had them up to par, it still upped their chances to be in the dance.
MCMiner247 Wrote:Totally agree man, Id rather have a loss or even a few going in and knowing you're vulnerable rather than being on a very high horse and get knocked off lol.

As would I. Every team in Kentucky makes it, which is garbage by the way, but in today's world everyone is a winner and gets a trophy. West Virginia on the other hand has the system that allows the top 16 in each class to dual it out, eliminating a lot of the nonsense games. Like the format as well, 16 travels to 1, 15 rides to 2 and so on as well.
Somebody is holding out.......
No matter what the schedule is, it will get blasted by some on here as being too weak.

JC could schedule the entire AFC North and some would complain because the Browns were on the list.

I don't blame them, I wouldn't post it until the last minute either.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Somebody is holding out.......

When it is complete you all will know. Last I had heard they are still looking for a game or two. Call during school hours and ask the AD or Matney who they have contacted or are in discussions with. Last season they reached out to several teams in Tennessee, Pittsburgh and the Dayton, OH metro. Maybe one of those teams had an opening and they worked something out.
http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh.../?id=44201

According to the link above ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Aug. 29th - TBA
Sept. 6th - TBA
Sept. 12th - Perry County Central: Away
Sept. 19th - Harlan County: Away
Sept. 26th - Boyd County: Away
Oct. 2nd - TBA
Oct. 10th - Greenup County: Home
Oct. 17th - Rowan County: Away
Oct. 24th - Ashland: Home
Oct. 31st - Belfry: Home
Depending on the other games we get... this looks like a solid schedule.
With perry county coach leaving for Corbin do you think we will be playing Corbin now ?
Finally getting the schedule complete is a relief.I will never understand why local teams don't want to play.It makes everyone better if you play better teams.
I'd like to see a NKY/Lex./Louis. team come to Johnsonville to play on Apple Day weekend.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
RIPKIN Wrote:Finally getting the schedule complete is a relief.I will never understand why local teams don't want to play.It makes everyone better if you play better teams.

Heard a rumor that JC will be playing against a team that made it to the public city championship and was recently shown in an ESPN special about HS football in Philly. Excited about the possibility of this one taking place as well as the rest of the schedule. I haven't heard of the final schedule but from what I've gathered this could easily be one of the most difficult schedules they have had in the Coach Matney era.
eagles2011 Wrote:With perry county coach leaving for Corbin do you think we will be playing Corbin now ?

With a signed contract I don't see that taking place unless one team buys out. It could be a possibility in the near future but I don't think it will happen this year.
From what I've heard a big announcement will be made tomorrow on WSIP radio as to who Johnson Central will be playing in the Touchstone Energy Bowl next season.
Here's what the KHSAA website shows this morning:

Aug 29, 14 Fairland (Proctorville), OH home 7:30 PM
Sep 6, 14 Mastery Charter School North, PA home 7:30 PM
Sep 12, 14 Perry County Central away 7:30 PM
Sep 19, 14 Harlan County away 7:30 PM
Sep 26, 14 Boyd County away 7:30 PM
Oct 2, 14 Warrensville Heights (Warrensville HT), home 7:30 PM
Oct 10, 14 Greenup County home 7:30 PM
Oct 17, 14 Rowan County away 7:30 PM
Oct 24, 14 Ashland Blazer home 7:30 PM
Oct 31, 14 Belfry home 7:30 PM

I have no clue about the out of state teams, but 6 home games seems nice.
RIPKIN Wrote:Finally getting the schedule complete is a relief.I will never understand why local teams don't want to play.It makes everyone better if you play better teams.

Really? It has been discussed on here over and over how a lot of the local teams do not like JC's coach and his coaching methods. I think they should play them, why would you want to not play the best team in the area and prepare your team for post season play? It is like the NKY teams not playing Highlands, makes no sense for top 5A, 6A teams in NKY not to play them, if they can't beat Highlands, then they are not going to be prepared to beat T, X, ect come playoff time.