Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 2014 schedule
This would be a good year for John to quit running scared of JC. Prestonsburg has a nice team returning and should be a contender in 2A. This game would prepare him for tough teams in the regional and semi's on their way to the championship game.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Here's what the KHSAA website shows this morning:

Aug 29, 14 Fairland (Proctorville), OH home 7:30 PM
Sep 6, 14 Mastery Charter School North, PA home 7:30 PM
Sep 12, 14 Perry County Central away 7:30 PM
Sep 19, 14 Harlan County away 7:30 PM
Sep 26, 14 Boyd County away 7:30 PM
Oct 2, 14 Warrensville Heights (Warrensville HT), home 7:30 PM
Oct 10, 14 Greenup County home 7:30 PM
Oct 17, 14 Rowan County away 7:30 PM
Oct 24, 14 Ashland Blazer home 7:30 PM
Oct 31, 14 Belfry home 7:30 PM

I have no clue about the out of state teams, but 6 home games seems nice.

Fairland was 7-4 last year. Traditionally a "decent" team.By comparison Fairland lost to Gallia Academy 38-63.

Belfry defeated Gallia Academy 41-19.

Fairland is comparable to a Middlesboro or a Hazard most years in terms of level of competition.

Mastery Charter finished 10-2 according to maxpreps and is outside of Philadelphia. They were ranked as the #252 team in Pennsylvania by Maxpreps. Really dont know much about them at all but that ranking would suggest JC should handle them. Once again my guess is a team similar to a Pikeville or Raceland on an up year.

Warrensville Heights appears to be a larger Ohio school in the Cleveland area. They went 0-10 last year but did play some strong competition. The only team they were competitive with was a team who finished 2-8. I imagine this will be a team comparable to like a Middle of the Pack KY 6A team. Think of a team like GRC. JC should roll in this one as well.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Fairland was 7-4 last year. Traditionally a "decent" team.By comparison Fairland lost to Gallia Academy 38-63.

Fairland is comparable to a Middlesboro or a Hazard most years in terms of level of competition.

Mastery Charter finished 10-2 according to maxpreps and is outside of Philadelphia. They were ranked as the #252 team in Pennsylvania by Maxpreps. Really dont know much about them at all but that ranking would suggest JC should handle them. Once again my guess is a team similar to a Pikeville or Raceland on an up year.

Warrensville Heights appears to be a larger Ohio school in the Cleveland area. They went 0-10 last year but did play some strong competition. The only team they were competitive with was a team who finished 2-8. I imagine this will be a team comparable to like a Middle of the Pack KY 6A team. Think of a team like GRC. JC should roll in this one as well.

Good break down by Eternally Keeps Underware....
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
West Virginia, Ohio, North Carolina, Mississippi, two Canadian teams.... now a Pennsylvania team.

I think JC is trying to play a team from every school in the U. S. of A. and every country in North America.

And I'm sure one JC's "watch dog" members on here will send me a P.M. saying I'm out of line. Now that I'm on VIP Member status, my P.M. box can hold 50 messages Big Grin
Pulp Fiction Wrote:West Virginia, Ohio, North Carolina, Mississippi, two Canadian teams.... now a Pennsylvania team.

I think JC is trying to play a team from every school in the U. S. of A. and every country in North America.

And I'm sure one JC's "watch dog" members on here will send me a P.M. saying I'm out of line. Now that I'm on VIP Member status, my P.M. box can hold 50 messages Big Grin

I wish you would do either one of two things: 1) Quit crying because you don't get special treatment. You are a constant smart ass and childish with your jokes that you continually poke at JC. 2) Find another team and go cheer for them.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Fairland was 7-4 last year. Traditionally a "decent" team.By comparison Fairland lost to Gallia Academy 38-63.

So you are already making predictions based on no first hand knowledge but opinions? A wise man once said, hold your wishes in one hand and a pile of shit in the other. At the end of the day see what get's you further. Those are about all of JC's options. Sorry they couldn't grab a Southwestern, Sheldon Clark, Pikeville or a Somerset. I'm sure they'd love to play teams closer to home but unfortunately they are having a hard time doing so. Gamenight was right, they could've put the dang Denver Broncos on the schedule and some people would be complaining because it wasn't the Seahawks.
Lynch47 Wrote:So you are already making predictions based on no first hand knowledge but opinions? A wise man once said, hold your wishes in one hand and a pile of shit in the other. At the end of the day see what get's you further. Those are about all of JC's options. Sorry they couldn't grab a Southwestern, Sheldon Clark, Pikeville or a Somerset. I'm sure they'd love to play teams closer to home but unfortunately they are having a hard time doing so. Gamenight was right, they could've put the dang Denver Broncos on the schedule and some people would be complaining because it wasn't the Seahawks.

Stop PMS'ing and taking everything too serious.

I was simply trying to research and give an idea of what JC can expect because I am sure noone has any clue about those teams. No commentary intended, just trying to provide info and trying to compare to teams everyone may know.

Life is too short to go around pissed off about everything man.

I actually kind of think it is cool JC plays these out of state teams.
Lynch47 Wrote:I wish you would do either one of two things: 1) Quit crying because you don't get special treatment. You are a constant smart ass and childish with your jokes that you continually poke at JC. 2) Find another team and go cheer for them.

My reply to your 1)
I don't know what you mean by special treatment.... I have nobody in my family that plays, I have nobody in my family on the coaching staff.... so you've got me wondering about this one. Furthermore, I've never even asked about being on the coaching staff or trying to help out with the team besides doing the music for the games.

I'm at every JC home game. And 85-90% of OUR away games. So how you are saying I'm "continually poke at JC' is beyond me. As a matter of fact, I've had several people ask me on FB or call me if I'm not at one of OUR games an hour early wondering if something is wrong.

And as far as the smart a*s and childish part goes. It's no secret who I am on here....... Several of the JC posters as well as other people on this site know who I am.... and I'm sure you do as well. But, I don't hide behind a screen name.

My reply to your 2)
There's not another HS team in this nation I would cheer besides the team I sat through 3 seasons of 2-8, 2-8 and 1-9.... then seeing kids that I've watched grow up going 13-1. My mother, father, sister, seven cousins, two aunts, one uncle, two grandparents and countless other family members have graduated from the Johnson County school system.... The black and gold runs deep in my family. So I can't help you out with this either. Sorry.
We all should think coach for the schedule , with teams dropping you this close two the season better be happy we got 10 games and no one better count out a team from Ohio every body noes diff kind football ,
Thanks coach and all the staff for what you do for the team and kids ,
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I'd like to see a NKY/Lex./Louis. team come to Johnsonville to play on Apple Day weekend.

Is that the weekend Boyle came up and played them in 2010?
Hatz Wrote:Is that the weekend Boyle came up and played them in 2010?

Nope. Apple Day is the first full weekend in October.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:West Virginia, Ohio, North Carolina, Mississippi, two Canadian teams.... now a Pennsylvania team.

Well as someone that's not a Johnson Central fan I could see why they get annoyed with you. You have to be the most annoying member on this site with all stupid nonsense that you post. Sometimes I think you're mentally challenged. Let me guess you sat on the front seat of the small bus you're entire childhood.

When it come to Johnson Central's schedule, if you are an Eagle fan, show up and support them. If you are not their fan then it does not matter what you think about their schedule. You play those that will play you because you can't play those that for whatever reason won't.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Well as someone that's not a Johnson Central fan I could see why they get annoyed with you. You have to be the most annoying member on this site with all stupid nonsense that you post. Sometimes I think you're mentally challenged. Let me guess you sat on the front seat of the small bus you're entire childhood.

My response to the bolded
:lame: :dudecomeon:
I am looking forward to the trips to see Perry Central's field and we may just make the long trip to Harlan County..... just so I can meet Granny Bear
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I am looking forward to the trips to see Perry Central's field and we may just make the long trip to Harlan County..... just so I can meet Granny Bear

We played there last year and I really like Perry Central's field. If it's cool, bring a jacket because it can get windy.
THOMCAT Wrote:

When it come to Johnson Central's schedule, if you are an Eagle fan, show up and support them. If you are not their fan then it does not matter what you think about their schedule. You play those that will play you because you can't play those that for whatever reason won't.

Like I said on the first page. 9-1 or 10-0 going into playoffs.
dns Wrote:Like I said on the first page. 9-1 or 10-0 going into playoffs.

I couldn't agree more! I would like to see JC and Highlands maybe play each other now that they're not going to be playing potentially in the playoffs. You talk about a big gate. People would come from all over to watch that one.
Finally, complete. Wow,6 home games, looking forward to the 31st
Keepnitreal Wrote:I couldn't agree more! I would like to see JC and Highlands maybe play each other now that they're not going to be playing potentially in the playoffs. You talk about a big gate. People would come from all over to watch that one.

That will never happen.:flush:
Keepnitreal Wrote:I couldn't agree more! I would like to see JC and Highlands maybe play each other now that they're not going to be playing potentially in the playoffs. You talk about a big gate. People would come from all over to watch that one.

Big gate?? Not sure too many would want to watch a one sided game. Johnson Co . doesn't have the horses or depth to keep pace with a team like Highlands.
3 out of state teams.
1 Thursday game.
1 Saturday game.
6 Home games.

This is the first season in the Matney era where we have 3 straight road games.
UKalipari Wrote:Big gate?? Not sure too many would want to watch a one sided game. Johnson Co . doesn't have the horses or depth to keep pace with a team like Highlands.

Johnson Central is not located 5 min from Cincinnati either.
UKalipari Wrote:Big gate?? Not sure too many would want to watch a one sided game. Johnson Co . doesn't have the horses or depth to keep pace with a team like Highlands.

brown_ind1977 Wrote:Johnson Central is not located 5 min from Cincinnati either.

First off... Our school is called Johnson Central, not Johnson Co. :Thumbs:

Secondly.... as brown_ind1977 said, we aren't five minutes from Cincinnati. We are lucky to field a team with 50 players. With the coal industry being picked apart piece by piece. Families are leaving the entire eastern Ky. area for work. But with all of that said..... Our players and coaches haven't let those things slow us down. With the incoming freshman class winning the state championship in 7th grade and the large school state championship as 8th graders. Our team won the district and went 10-0 in the regular season last year.

With the new alignment coming next season... I look for JC to make some trips to Bowling Green.... with the facilites department having to expand the trophy cases.
Thank goodness that Cov Cath, Lex Cath, Boyle Co and FT Highlands are gone on the next realignment. There just might be some trophies being handed out in the future for JC.....
FBfan4life Wrote:Thank goodness that Cov Cath, Lex Cath, Boyle Co and FT Highlands are gone on the next realignment. There just might be some trophies being handed out in the future for JC.....

Only one of those teams was dominating JC and that is Highlands.

JC has defeated CovCath a couple times and truthfully speaking JC has been as good if not better than Boyle and LexCath over the past 5 or 6 years.

But moving Highlands out of the way is definitely a boost for any team's hopes of winning a 4A Title for sure.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Only one of those teams was dominating JC and that is Highlands.

JC has defeated CovCath a couple times and truthfully speaking JC has been as good if not better than Boyle and LexCath over the past 5 or 6 years.

But moving Highlands out of the way is definitely a boost for any team's hopes of winning a 4A Title for sure.

I am sure your talking about in history of JC football. I am just talking about the last 4 season in the 4A, where JC is no where to be found in the regional nor the state semi-finals. Reason is that Cov Cath and/or FT Highlands dispersed of them in the early rounds. Again come next season ( 2015-2018 ) JC along with John Hardin and Collins will dominate a weak 4A class.
FBfan4life Wrote:I am sure your talking about in history of JC football. I am just talking about the last 4 season in the 4A, where JC is no where to be found in the regional nor the state semi-finals. Reason is that Cov Cath and/or FT Highlands dispersed of them in the early rounds. Again come next season ( 2015-2018 ) JC along with John Hardin and Collins will dominate a weak 4A class.

Yeah but you lump LexCath and Boyle in there as well. LexCath and Boyle would have the same fate as JC if they were in the same region as Highlands and CovCath.

There is no denying moving Highlands and CovCath out makes everyone's life easier in 4A...but Boyle and LexCath have just been the beneficiary of geography. Their fate has been the same as everyone else (save Collins last year)... a playoff smackdown.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Yeah but you lump LexCath and Boyle in there as well. LexCath and Boyle would have the same fate as JC if they were in the same region as Highlands and CovCath.

There is no denying moving Highlands and CovCath out makes everyone's life easier in 4A...but Boyle and LexCath have just been the beneficiary of geography. Their fate has been the same as everyone else (save Collins last year)... a playoff smackdown.

Lex Cath is slightly talent wise below Cov Cath, if not the same level. Boyle Co. IMO is alot better than Cov Cath.... And what has Cov Cath done to JC? I understand that the game is played on the field, but if a smaller, quicker and more athletic team like Cov Cath, which Lex Cath and Boyle Co is similar to. Whats the end result? Again thx for the info and history lesson. I am not hijacking this thread just stating my opinion.