Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New England 38 - Cincinnati 13
I agree that the Bengals looked bad today in the second half. But to say that New England is a bad team is just ridiculous! They are 3-1 and only giving up 16 points a game. They have a very good Offensive line that protected Brady all day long in the game with the Bengals. Most of Palmers fumbles have been from hits from behind this year and that happens. Yes he does have a few more this year. The Bengals are beat up on defense right now and this week off will be the best thing for them. New England will make another run at greatness this year.
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
BelfryJustice Wrote:I agree that the Bengals looked bad today in the second half. But to say that New England is a bad team is just ridiculous! They are 3-1 and only giving up 16 points a game. They have a very good Offensive line that protected Brady all day long in the game with the Bengals. Most of Palmers fumbles have been from hits from behind this year and that happens. Yes he does have a few more this year. The Bengals are beat up on defense right now and this week off will be the best thing for them. New England will make another run at greatness this year.

Thank you, that's basically all the points I was trying to make, you just did it better. New England has arguably the best offensive line in the league. Also, Dexter Jackson being injured couldn't have helped (I think there was a few other injuries on the defense, but I can't think at the moment).
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Bengals looked real bad in this game. It was a playoff atmosphere and they could not handle the pressure.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Bengal fans like the Bengals are having growing pains.Going from one of the worst teams to a super bowl caliber team comes with many bumps in the road and this was a big ol pothole.Bengals defense must improve or they are in big touble.I still think Palmer is going to be a great quarterback.Im a Steeler fan so we needed the Bengals to lose as I would have hoped the Ravens would have.Marvin Lewis will have the Bengals ready to play week after next.I quess when your team already has 5 rings the pressure seems to be off us but the Bengals are up to their necks in the pressure of winning it all or else.
Can they ever handle the pressure when they need too?? MMM..NOPE!
Playboy dont let your dislike of a team cloud your judgement.They didnt choke against Pittsburgh.New England has been under rated by almost everyone.Can and will they bounce back.I dont know.That is why they play the games every Sunday because we just dont what will happen until they play.A whole lot think they know but the proof is one here they dont.hehe
Old school Dawg Wrote:Playboy dont let your dislike of a team cloud your judgement.They didnt choke against Pittsburgh.New England has been under rated by almost everyone.Can and will they bounce back.I dont know.That is why they play the games every Sunday because we just dont what will happen until they play.A whole lot think they know but the proof is one here they dont.hehe

On ESPN, they just ranked the Bengals third in the NFL
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
BFritz Wrote:On ESPN, they just ranked the Bengals third in the NFL

Smile What genius did that?

I could honestly say in my opinion they are a top 10 team, but no way are they 3rd.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:Smile What genius did that?

I could honestly say in my opinion they are a top 10 team, but no way are they 3rd.
And you dont even work for espn,,hehe
BFritz Wrote:On ESPN, they just ranked the Bengals third in the NFL
Oh really, well since you are going on that..HOW MANY TEAMS GO TO THE SUPER BOWL..AND WHO WAS IN FRONT OF THEM???
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Oh really, well since you are going on that..HOW MANY TEAMS GO TO THE SUPER BOWL..AND WHO WAS IN FRONT OF THEM???

Not sure I remember right, but I think it was Seattle 2 (maybe), and I know they had the bears as number one.

DO THEY JUST SEND TEAMS TO THE SUPER BOWL BASED ON WHAT PEOPLE RANK THEM??? DO THEY NOT EVEN PLAY GAMES ANYMORE??? OR DO EXPERTS JUST RANK TEAMS TO GIVE PEOPLE AN IDEA ABOUT WHO TO LOOK OUT FOR??? KNOW WHAT, YOU WANNA PLAY LIKE THAT, ACTUALLY TWO TEAMS GO TO THE SUPER BOWL, BUT SINCE SEATTLE AND THE BEARS ARE BOTH IN THE NFC AND THE BENGALS ARE IN THE AFC, THEY'D GO TO THE SUPER BOWL EVEN IF THEY WERE JUST GOING OFF THAT RANKING.

That backfired on you
alfus21 Wrote:Smile What genius did that?

Last year, would you have ranked the Steelers third???
BFritz Wrote:Not sure I remember right, but I think it was Seattle 2 (maybe), and I know they had the bears as number one.

DO THEY JUST SEND TEAMS TO THE SUPER BOWL BASED ON WHAT PEOPLE RANK THEM??? DO THEY NOT EVEN PLAY GAMES ANYMORE??? OR DO EXPERTS JUST RANK TEAMS TO GIVE PEOPLE AN IDEA ABOUT WHO TO LOOK OUT FOR??? KNOW WHAT, YOU WANNA PLAY LIKE THAT, ACTUALLY TWO TEAMS GO TO THE SUPER BOWL, BUT SINCE SEATTLE AND THE BEARS ARE BOTH IN THE NFC AND THE BENGALS ARE IN THE AFC, THEY'D GO TO THE SUPER BOWL EVEN IF THEY WERE JUST GOING OFF THAT RANKING.

That backfired on you

Dude, you're outta control. The Bengals can't beat the Patriots so they wouldn't have a chance at going to the Super Bowl. The for sure can't beat Jacksonville, and I seriously doubt they are going to be able to touch the Colts in the AFC.

By the way Fritz, you want to see something that backfired on you after you just went wild on your being rant.

ESPN does not have the Bengals ranked at 3rd. At least not today. Here's some food for thought for you.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking

Still too high in my opinion, but they sure ain't no 3rd like you said.

Keep the laughs coming. You're killing me here. Smile
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:Dude, you're outta control. The Bengals can't beat the Patriots so they wouldn't have a chance at going to the Super Bowl. The for sure can't beat Jacksonville, and I seriously doubt they are going to be able to touch the Colts in the AFC.

By the way Fritz, you want to see something that backfired on you after you just went wild on your being rant.

ESPN does not have the Bengals ranked at 3rd. At least not today. Here's some food for thought for you.

It was one guy, I shouldn't have said ESPN because that implies everyone at ESPN, but, yeah, one dude did, and who's to say that they polled everyone at ESPN for the poll you just postedSmile you're killing me hereSmile And, it's still early in the season, they might have gotten beaten by the Patriots, but it wasn't as bad as you're implying. The game was tight into the fourth, you forget that. I bet you thought the Steelers couldn't touch the Colts last year eitherSmile They still have a lot of things to work out, but that's why they play the season. You were still wrong about them so far, even if they don't make the Super Bowl, I bet you'll still end up being wrong.
alfus21 Wrote:Dude, you're outta control. The Bengals can't beat the Patriots so they wouldn't have a chance at going to the Super Bowl. The for sure can't beat Jacksonville, and I seriously doubt they are going to be able to touch the Colts in the AFC.

By the way, last week they were 2, and with Chris Henry they might have scored more, plus take away the 2 fourth quarter fumbles, and it's a whole new ballgame. Fumbles happen, it doesn't take away from the skill level, but they can't rank them that high if they get beat by that much.

Once again, it's all backfiring on youSmile
I see the poor old New England team is rated 5th! Not bad for a team that is 3-1 and as bad as most of you haters have said!
BFritz Wrote:By the way, last week they were 2, and with Chris Henry they might have scored more, plus take away the 2 fourth quarter fumbles, and it's a whole new ballgame. Fumbles happen, it doesn't take away from the skill level, but they can't rank them that high if they get beat by that much.

Once again, it's all backfiring on youSmile

Blah Blah Blah excuse after excuse. If "IF's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas. Nothing is backfiring on anybody, and you keep doing is making yourself sound dumber if that's possible.

BFritz Wrote:It was one guy, I shouldn't have said ESPN because that implies everyone at ESPN, but, yeah, one dude did, and who's to say that they polled everyone at ESPN for the poll you just posted

Fritz, I know crackheads that make more sense than you. Have you ever been right in anything. I don't think I hate the Bengals as bad as Alf, but it is too easy to prove you wrong on EVERYTHING. Take a looky at what I put in bold for you, and then look at what it says right next to the power ranking.

The rankings were determined by a poll of ESPN.com's NFL staff -- writers John Clayton, Len Pasquarelli, Michael Smith, Scouts Inc. insiders Jeremy Green and Keith Kidd, and ESPN.com NFL editors Peter Lawrence-Riddell and Joe Wojciechowski.

So yeah it is a poll of pretty much every football mind at espn.
They could have used Henry.Im glad the Bengals dont have Leftwich.Now Palmer was on his way to becoming a great one then bam,there is the knee injury.Can he still be one of the best?I think he can.Im a Steelers fan and he is sure tough on us.I have seen a quite a few Qb,s in my time but Leftwich has a arm like I have never seen.In person he throws harder than anyone I ever saw.If he could run he would be the best,,but he cant.He said on espn he wasnt that slow just the slowest black QB in the leauge.When ask who he can out run he quickly said Chad Pennington.
MRC06 Wrote:Blah Blah Blah excuse after excuse. If "IF's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas. Nothing is backfiring on anybody, and you keep doing is making yourself sound dumber if that's possible.

Fritz, I know crackheads that make more sense than you. Have you ever been right in anything. I don't think I hate the Bengals as bad as Alf, but it is too easy to prove you wrong on EVERYTHING. Take a looky at what I put in bold for you, and then look at what it says right next to the power ranking.

The rankings were determined by a poll of ESPN.com's NFL staff -- writers John Clayton, Len Pasquarelli, Michael Smith, Scouts Inc. insiders Jeremy Green and Keith Kidd, and ESPN.com NFL editors Peter Lawrence-Riddell and Joe Wojciechowski.

So yeah it is a poll of pretty much every football mind at espn.

Most people aren't going to give them respect, which is obvious. Ranked 7th, even if you want to accept that, is still a lot higher than all of you had predicted before the season.

That poll may have come from all of ESPN's NFL staff, but this guy obviously couldn't be too football stupid if they put him on TV. That poll you just posted, look at it, none of the teams ahead of Cinci lost this week, with the exception of Seattle, who lost to the Bears, the number one team. Point being that if another solid team wins, even if you're better than they are, if you lose, they'll be ranked ahead of you.

By the way, prove me wrong on everything huh? That's a joke, I'm not right about everything, but I am right sometimes, even if it goes against the majority. All of you need to feel comfort in ganging up on someone when they're not always right, even though it's ironic because you've all been wrong til now and refused to admit it (besides Alfus, but even that wasn't admitting it totally).
I learned over my 46 years you better have respect for anyone you play.Gee whiz, the average football fan dont seem to even know the basics of the greatest game in the world.
Old school Dawg Wrote:I learned over my 46 years you better have respect for anyone you play.Gee whiz, the average football fan dont seem to even know the basics of the greatest game in the world.

:thumpsup:
I guess I could make some remarks about this game. Cincinnati looked horrible. I think it's one of the worst games I have seen them play in the Marvin Lewis era. Their biggest problem is that they have an offensive line that simply does not give Palmer enough time to get the ball to his receivers. When the QB don't have time to make plays, then how can you expect them to be a high powered offense. The thing I noticed is that since Braham (center) went down, Carson has not had time to throw.
Their defense is a whole story in itself. Personally, I feel that it is time to bench Tory James. He just acts way too timid, and is slower than molasses. His age is catching up with him, and I feel he needs to be benched and let the younger, faster players like Joseph get a chance to shine.
Their D-line has shown signs of greatness this year by getting to the QB on a consistant basis. The Patriots O-line just wore the Bengals defensive front out. They put no pressure on Brady at all and we all know that any QB in the NFL that has no pressure on them will eat you alive (exception to any Raiders QB).
The Bengals are now into their usual 3rd string players seems like. Some of these guys I had never heard of until this year. With the suspension of Thurman, and the injuries to Pollack, their linebacking core is young and in-experienced with the exception of Simmons.
For some of you guys to say that the Patriots are down this year obviously know nothing about football. They are 3-1 and seem to be dominating their division this year. As long as you have the experience they have, they will be contenders year in and year out.

Don't count out the Bengals just yet all you haters, experts and many people didn't think Cincinnati would even be 3-1 at the bye but they have proved people wrong. Look for Cincinnati to go on at least a 3 game win streak after this bye.
:rockon:
BCF4L Wrote:I guess I could make some remarks about this game. Cincinnati looked horrible. I think it's one of the worst games I have seen them play in the Marvin Lewis era. Their biggest problem is that they have an offensive line that simply does not give Palmer enough time to get the ball to his receivers. When the QB don't have time to make plays, then how can you expect them to be a high powered offense. The thing I noticed is that since Braham (center) went down, Carson has not had time to throw.
Their defense is a whole story in itself. Personally, I feel that it is time to bench Tory James. He just acts way too timid, and is slower than molasses. His age is catching up with him, and I feel he needs to be benched and let the younger, faster players like Joseph get a chance to shine.
Their D-line has shown signs of greatness this year by getting to the QB on a consistant basis. The Patriots O-line just wore the Bengals defensive front out. They put no pressure on Brady at all and we all know that any QB in the NFL that has no pressure on them will eat you alive (exception to any Raiders QB).
The Bengals are now into their usual 3rd string players seems like. Some of these guys I had never heard of until this year. With the suspension of Thurman, and the injuries to Pollack, their linebacking core is young and in-experienced with the exception of Simmons.
For some of you guys to say that the Patriots are down this year obviously know nothing about football. They are 3-1 and seem to be dominating their division this year. As long as you have the experience they have, they will be contenders year in and year out.

Don't count out the Bengals just yet all you haters, experts and many people didn't think Cincinnati would even be 3-1 at the bye but they have proved people wrong. Look for Cincinnati to go on at least a 3 game win streak after this bye.
:Clap: very well said.Im a diehard Steeler fan but I dont understand hating other teams, when these teams have players from colleges we root for.Im a football fan period.TongueirateSho
BCF4L Wrote:I guess I could make some remarks about this game. Cincinnati looked horrible. I think it's one of the worst games I have seen them play in the Marvin Lewis era. Their biggest problem is that they have an offensive line that simply does not give Palmer enough time to get the ball to his receivers. When the QB don't have time to make plays, then how can you expect them to be a high powered offense. The thing I noticed is that since Braham (center) went down, Carson has not had time to throw.

aww.. that was sweet
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
I hope that most of the haters will not resort to suicide with the Bengals off this week! What will they have to talk about? Oh, I forgot this game!

That was bad-ass!!!! Waiting for alfus, Playboy, Mrc, and a few others to respond........
BFritz Wrote:That was bad-ass!!!! Waiting for alfus, Playboy, Mrc, and a few others to respond........

Smile What do you want me to say?

All that long post said was how bad the Bengals were on Sunday, and then he unjustifiably said they'd go on a 3 game winning streak. Yeah that makes a lot of sense.

Other than breaking down how awful the Bengals were, what was so great about that post?
MRC06 Wrote:Smile What do you want me to say?

All that long post said was how bad the Bengals were on Sunday, and then he unjustifiably said they'd go on a 3 game winning streak. Yeah that makes a lot of sense.

Other than breaking down how awful the Bengals were, what was so great about that post?

That none of you would have predicted that they'd even be anywhere near 3 and 1, that the offensive line is still trying to mesh and have injuries, but they'll be ok soon, that it's not completely Carson's fault that he hasn't produced big numbers yet, and that they'll be fine, all of you said they'd be horrible and nowhere near 3-1 at the bye.

Also his points about the Patriots........ you left that out.........
Fritz with all the problems they still wont have to do like Pittsburgh did last year and have to win their last 4 games.Or will they falter before that?I just dont know.