•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott Central 49 Hazard 47 (14th Region Championship)
http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/sports/headline...vice=phone

Final possession of the game. You can also see Hudson shoving Justice at end.
You can also see Hudson getting fouled when he gets the rebound.
Glad 14th region fans are going home.
Congrats to KCC what a comeback. Hitter when you get on here and wine about the officials you must understand that Justice is A SCORER. He knows how to draw fouls. I asked an official that I know and he said any good official would not call a charge if 1) the defender is to far under the goal and 2) the offensive player must hit the defender square in the chest. Cameron did not hit the defender square in the chest so it was a block and I thought is was the right call.
Congrats to Knott County

Also, Proud of our Bulldogs, people always talked down about this team but they showed they're as good as anyone.

Good Luck at State Knott County
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
hitter Wrote:The reason me and other people complain about the refs is they make terrible calls. I'm not saying they have to make every call correct because I know everybody misses calls but when the guy stands there for 5 seconds and justice lowers his shoulder it's an obvious charge. Justice is a great player but he gets every call. He was involved in 4 block/charge calls and all 4 were called blocks. Two were blocks but 2 were obvious charges. I've watched him play 9 times this year and out of about 25 block/charge calls they called a charge once

Really. Justice was mug every time he went to the basket.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Glad 14th region fans are going home.

Runit...
Your region can't beat riverside.
Kcc with another big come back
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Glad 14th region fans are going home.

Whitley county went home early..Go Clay,Knott,Johnson and Fleming County. Confusedinglepar
Soo Zaga, can we chant "Dynasty" yet??? Haha.
Ballers Wrote:Runit...
Your region can't beat riverside.

Let be nice to clay county..Gut having a hard time in Whitley county I think he want to transfer to the 14th if the truth was know :biglmao:
Hazard was going for the foul against Justice, while Justice was diving for the ball. No big deal.
I was pulling for Kcc but they sure gave HHS enough chances to win it in the last 2 mins. I thought Kcc had the Harrison Twins shooting Fts out there lol
HeGotGame Wrote:Soo Zaga, can we chant "Dynasty" yet??? Haha.

Zaga_fan want but 64SUR will Knott Central is a Dynasty in my book. Confusederiously:
Congrats to Knott Central. I will be cheering them on at Rupp and hope they represent the 14th well. If they win a few games, maybe Cameron will get some bigger offers. He is a great player.
All year I heard,, Knott has no bench,, 5 players can't win region. Foul trouble will doom them...... Knott isn't all that good.... They are overrated. Camron isn't the player everyone is making him out to be..... Etc,, etc,, etc....

I believe knott can make it to the quarter final,, to face PRP whom they lost by 3 points earlier this year. So that's a decent chance at a W to put them in the finals against either Scott or Trinity. This year is their best chance to bring a title back to eastern ky.. Yea yea I know I'm a homer.
HeGotGame Wrote:Soo Zaga, can we chant "Dynasty" yet??? Haha.

You officially have my permission to chant Dynasty. :igiveup:
Don't understand why winners complain about the refs? Good Luck KCC !!
I think what you thought was winners complaining about the refs was just someone responding to hitter complaining about the refs.
I'm not really a Knott Central fan but I am a fan of mountain basketball and especially the 14th region. This tournament is full of opportunity for the region to end the championship drought. I know it's a long shot but it is possible.
Congrats to Knott Co Central on winning back 2 back Region Championships. Can't wait to watch them at Rupp!
Had plans on attending the game but I put my sons ball goal up so he can play when I get him again and as well as myself and my family if I can get the sorry things to play.. But I watched from when Thompson got hurt to the end. Hazard should of never blown there lead.. To me the bulldogs tried to play keep away and limit knott possession but they took bad shots instead of good shots.. Officiating seemed to be fair but some fouls were touchy why others where just not called, but the blocking call on the hall kid from hazard should of been a charge because he was really in panic mode from the defenders being all over him and it put him out of control and he lowered the shoulder into the defender which is suppose to be an automatic charge because it really shows no intent that he is looking for a shot or trying to get the ball to someone else... But I do believe I saw the opposite call on the other end of the court...But when you are a scorer like Justice then you will get calls because officials anticipate call that are sometimes not there or not even touch or just barely touched.. But back to the point Congrads Knott you deserved to win because you have the fight and heart to play the entire game and I believe at State Justice needs to try to take over every quarter instead of just the 4th or 2nd half.. Hazard gave there best effort but just wasn't the same team after the Thompson kid went down. They have nothing to hang there head about they played hard but it just wasn't a enough and no one give them a chance to make it to the finals..
If interested, I took a few pictures of this game.
[Image: http://www.smoothphoto.com/Sports-Photos...8807-M.jpg]
http://www.smoothphoto.com/Sports-Photos...inal-2014/
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:When the game is on the line give it to Justice he's sure to draw a foul. That's what being a star player and an offense threat does. Hall should have NEVER tried to draw the charge plain and simple. It was a 50/50 call that normally goes the offensive teams way. Hazard should have never been in that situation but they blew it.

Very good officiated game and what a way to end the tournament.

So who would have went for the 3 instead of the tie?

When you make no attempt to score or pass and you lower your shoulder it is an automatic charge. And to reply to your other post, a foul is a foul if it's in the last ten seconds of the game or the first ten seconds.
I'm not trying to take anything away from justice because he is a really good player but when you get every call it makes it a lot easier to score knowing that you will get the call.
Instead of gloating about their win, I think that was some of the most impressive things ive seen with the way Justice and his team mates hugged and consoled the Hazard Players who were really heart broke after losing. GOOD SPORTSMAN GUYS
jacobcody2 Wrote:Really. Justice was mug every time he went to the basket.

He just went to the basket 5 times and they called a foul all 5 times so what are you complaining about. He pushes off almost every time he gets the ball and when knott is bringing the ball in bounds I've noticed that he will grab the arms of who ever is defending him and pull the opposite way.

Justice is the most protected player I have ever seen play. If the refs called a foul every time he done one of these things he would foul out in the first quarter every night
Hitter,, are you going to ever stop complaining about Justice? Never seen anyone with the vendetta you have for Cam,, lol.
Well,,, Randy Thompson must really be butthurt over Knott beating Hazard. He just fired Drum and Harold Mullins. Randy is and has always been scum. May not be anyone covering Knotts games at Rupp now.
sad...

But WSGS will, (101.1) They cover every sweet 16 game.
Done with WKCB.
They should get their own setup to do broadcast via Internet stream. I never listen to the actual radio anyways.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next