Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 77 LSU 76 Final OT
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Like I said if you are going to quote me and comment about my post, at least know what my comment you are referencing was about. Obviously you are clueless because you cant even remember comments you posted 6 hours ago...

K and i still haven't read them nor care, Have a good night.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Syracuse just blew out a mediocre Maryland team by 2 and Kansas pouring it on a bad OU team up by 1 as I type this....

Overrated Wrote:I guess road games are easy? Uk couldnt win in arkansas, Nice try though.:lame:

Overrated Wrote:K and i still haven't read them nor care, Have a good night.

You're right you didn't read my post nor comment in response to them.... I couldnt care less if you read my post. Just do yourself a favor and at least look like you know what you are talking about.
Ha,, you 2 need to get a room lol.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Do you really believe some of the things you say? UK was a mediocre team at best last year. Any team they beat last year in the top 50 should have been an accomplishment.... A wise man once said I dont want to hear about the history, but the present... Come on Dusty you trying to ride both sides of the fence.

You are killing me Blue - I "AM" making it about the present, I was just refuting your facts.

I'm guessing you want to throw out last year, which is fine by me

Team A- Duke 5-4
Team B- Arizona 9-1
Team C- Florida 5-2
Team D- UK 3-4
Team E- Syracuse 7-1
Team F- Kansas 12-6

My whole point is, stop making excuses for the CATS! This crap about "We are everybody's Super Bowl" is just a BS excuse that is no less important to the opponents of any of the above teams! You hear after every loss or close game - "that team played the best game of their life". My position is "So, we are still expected to beat teams who play the best games of their life's, RIGHT???? Or then, our next argument is "We are the best program ever", like that is supposed to justify our argument whenever some UK hater challenges us! But 90% of Kentucky fans can't see past their Blue tinted glasses to acknowledge this team, this year, has deficiencies. History "A'int" gonna help this team play against the 2-3, or 1-2-2 zone!

Now that we have established that, you tell me where I have been inconsistent in ANY post that I have ever made?

All good now? Can we kiss and make up? Can we cheer for the same team again? Can I get back into the "He-Man Woman Haters Club"?

[Image: http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/m...wp_C1A.jpg]
Stardust Wrote:You are killing me Blue - I "AM" making it about the present, I was just refuting your facts.

Team A- Duke 5-4
Team B- Arizona 9-1
Team C- Florida 5-2
Team D- UK 3-4
Team E- Syracuse 7-1
Team F- Kansas 12-6

My whole point is, stop making excuses for the CATS! This crap about "We are everybody's Super Bowl" is just a BS excuse that is no less important to the opponents of any of the above teams! You hear after every loss or close game - "that team played the best game of their life". My position is "So, we are still expected to beat teams who play the best games of their life's, RIGHT???? Or then, our next argument is "We are the best program ever", like that is supposed to justify our argument whenever some UK hater challenges us! But 90% of Kentucky fans can't see past their Blue tinted glasses to acknowledge this team, this year, has deficiencies. History "A'int" gonna help this team play against the 2-3, or 1-2-2 zone!

Now that we have established that, you tell me where I have been inconsistent in ANY post that I have ever made?

All good now? Can we kiss and make up? Can we cheer for the same team again? Can I get back into the "He-Man Woman Haters Club"?

I'm not one to defend the Cats when they under perform. I don't think we have had one dominating performace all season. I only responded to the statement that you made that other top teams don't struggle against the teams they should blowout and that simply wasn't true. Just this week Kansas, Syracuse, and Florida (against a terrible Vandy team) did just that once again. I even find it harder sometimes to watch this UK team compared to last year just because of how much talent they have, but still are underwhelming. In conclusion, in a season with as much parity as there is I would only consider a handful of teams to be better than mediocre. Yet, even they still struggle to show it.
^ Stop putting YOUR words into my post. Re-read what I wrote, and you will understand you had no legs to stand on. Don't take one word and turn it into an entire sentence, take the entire post and get the full compliment of what I said.
Stardust Wrote:Well, that is not unique to UK. I would venture to say that powers such as Syracuse, dUKe, Florida, Arizona, all get the same effort against opposition as the Cats. We always want to make UK unique by giving them that excuse that we have a target on our back. So, Win the damn games you are supposed to win! Shut down the "Average Player" and make him average. The other powerhouses in college basketball do, so why should UK be given a pass? Over the past two seasons, UK has had more closer than expected calls than any other pre-season #1 team in the nation, and having "Kentucky" on the front of the jersey is no excuse for letting the other team perform higher than an mediocre basketball team, so let's stop giving them passes and hold them accountable and expect a higher degree of effort!

You base your argument on the fact that UK has had more close calls with mediocre teams than any other top basketball program.

Stardust Wrote:[COLOR="Red"]^ This year???? I could care less about any other team, but it's ridiculous every year to make excuses for our team by saying "everyone gets up for us". Well, other teams have that exact same predicament. Great teams beat mediocre teams consistently and have fewer close games than UK does.[/COLOR]

Stardust Wrote:^ So what does history have to do with today? Yankees are the best baseball team in History - they are not today! Celtics are best team in basketball history - they are not today! Green Bay Packers greatest in history - has not helped them in the last 6 years! Why do we always jump to history? Is it to avoid the present?

Stardust Wrote:^ Versus RPI Top 50 over the last two seasons

Team A- Duke 14-6
Team B- Arizona 15-6
Team C- Florida 10-6
Team D- UK 6-8
Team E- Syracuse 13-9
Team F- Kansas 25-9

In other words, beat the teams you are supposed to beat. After looking at these facts, I have no idea how you made up the the rediculous numbers you came up with!:dontthink

Your first argument was that kentucky should beat the mediocre teams by larger margins without letting mediocre teams look anything but mediocre. Now you switch your argument to UK's record against TOP 50 in the last 2 years. You only want to focus on this season but threw in last season just to make it look better (doesn't make a difference to me). The real problem with this is changing your perspective from why aren't we beating up on the average to below average teams to why aren't we winning more games against the BEST competition we play.

Stardust Wrote:[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]You are killing me Blue - I "AM" making it about the present, I was just refuting your facts.

Team A- Duke 5-4
Team B- Arizona 9-1
Team C- Florida 5-2
Team D- UK 3-4
Team E- Syracuse 7-1
Team F- Kansas 12-6

[/COLOR]

First, I challenge you to show any post I have ever made any excuse for any UK sports team. I love UK just as much as anyone else but I do not make excuses. There is never an excuse for under performing or just not getting the job done. Secondly, I have provided your posts to show that you have been about as consistent as this UK team.

Stardust Wrote:^ Stop putting YOUR words into my post. Re-read what I wrote, and you will understand you had no legs to stand on. Don't take one word and turn it into an entire sentence, take the entire post and get the full compliment of what I said.

I re-read every post without taking anything out of context. I understand you have some valid arguments, but you change perspectives and are inconsistent. I even agree many points you make about this team. All I did was refute one statement you made and you want to make it out like I was incorrect. So even though I agree with some of your statements I will not back down from my point I made (which was valid). I quoted your posts and color coordinated them so you could follow along. Maybe you should re-read and get the full compliment of inconsistency...
Stardust is a hater.....
In my opinion, Florida has to be the favorite. I still believe there are about 5-10 teams that have a legit shot. UK can beat any team in the country, they have the talent this year to win it all. Do I think they will, NO. Their problem right now and has been all year is guard play. If the Harrison twins grow up in the next few weeks, lock it up. I just don't see it happening.

Sorry stardust, but UK is everyone's Super Bowl. There are a handful of teams that will always get the other teams top performance. Duke, Kansas, Syracuse, to name a few. Why does it seem that someone always sets their career scoring mark against UK, it's hillariuos.
Duke is everyones superbowl...as is UNC,Kansas,Syracuse,Kentucky and whoever is ranked #1..thats the facts..
goBIGblue82 Wrote:You base your argument on the fact that UK has had more close calls with mediocre teams than any other top basketball program.

[/COLOR]

Your first argument was that kentucky should beat the mediocre teams by larger margins without letting mediocre teams look anything but mediocre. Now you switch your argument to UK's record against TOP 50 in the last 2 years. You only want to focus on this season but threw in last season just to make it look better (doesn't make a difference to me). The real problem with this is changing your perspective from why aren't we beating up on the average to below average teams to why aren't we winning more games against the BEST competition we play.

First, I challenge you to show any post I have ever made any excuse for any UK sports team. I love UK just as much as anyone else but I do not make excuses. There is never an excuse for under performing or just not getting the job done. Secondly, I have provided your posts to show that you have been about as consistent as this UK team.

I re-read every post without taking anything out of context. I understand you have some valid arguments, but you change perspectives and are inconsistent. I even agree many points you make about this team. All I did was refute one statement you made and you want to make it out like I was incorrect. So even though I agree with some of your statements I will not back down from my point I made (which was valid). I quoted your posts and color coordinated them so you could follow along. Maybe you should re-read and get the full compliment of inconsistency...

LOL, I am soooooo happy that you looked at my posts and my posts alone so you could could make your story. So, you never once looked at what I was replying to to even comprehend what my posts were even about. Thank you!!!!!!!
NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:Stardust is a hater.....
In my opinion, Florida has to be the favorite. I still believe there are about 5-10 teams that have a legit shot. UK can beat any team in the country, they have the talent this year to win it all. Do I think they will, NO. Their problem right now and has been all year is guard play. If the Harrison twins grow up in the next few weeks, lock it up. I just don't see it happening.

Sorry stardust, but UK is everyone's Super Bowl. There are a handful of teams that will always get the other teams top performance. Duke, Kansas, Syracuse, to name a few. Why does it seem that someone always sets their career scoring mark against UK, it's hillariuos.

They A'int playing at Rupp, which means this team has no chance of going farther than the Sweet 16 with their make-up. They do not have the strength at Point Guard, and this teams dramatic lapses in defense gives them no chance! As for UK being everyone's Super Bowl, that is completely laughable when all UK fans bitch about is how the other teams get all of the media attention and their only defense is "we are hated". Laughable!

There is ONE way to shut up ALL haters - WIN!!!! You get all media pundits back on your side when you beat teams ranked higher than you. This team fails to have the leadership on the floor or the bench to get that done. If this team goes to Gainesville and pulls out a victory, then all is forgotten - NOT!!!!

I will be at Wildcat Lodge next Tuesday and at the game that night. At this stage, all I care about is winning that game!
You know they just won a national title 2 seasons ago, lol.....

I agree with the leadership and guard play. But you know as well as I do, with the talent and if they get hot, anything is possible. They beat Florida last season with a horrid team, no way Florida beats them three times, better get em at home before seeing them in the SEC championship....
Stardust Wrote:LOL, I am soooooo happy that you looked at my posts and my posts alone so you could could make your story. So, you never once looked at what I was replying to to even comprehend what my posts were even about. Thank you!!!!!!!

goBIGblue82 Wrote:I re-read every post without taking anything out of context. I understand you have some valid arguments, but you change perspectives and are inconsistent. I even agree with many points you make about this team. All I did was refute one statement you made and you want to make it out like I was incorrect. So even though I agree with some of your statements I will not back down from my point I made (which was valid). I quoted your posts and color coordinated them so you could follow along. Maybe you should re-read and get the full compliment of inconsistency...

Confusederiously:
Stardust Wrote:LOL, I am soooooo happy that you looked at my posts and my posts alone so you could could make your story. So, you never once looked at what I was replying to to even comprehend what my posts were even about. Thank you!!!!!!!

goBIGblue82 Wrote:I'm not one to defend the Cats when they under perform. I don't think we have had one dominating performace all season. I only responded to the statement that you made that other top teams don't struggle against the teams they should blowout and that simply wasn't true. Just this week Kansas, Syracuse, and Florida (against a terrible Vandy team) did just that once again. I even find it harder sometimes to watch this UK team compared to last year just because of how much talent they have, but still are underwhelming. In conclusion, in a season with as much parity as there is I would only consider a handful of teams to be better than mediocre. Yet, even they still struggle to show it.

:eyeroll: