Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 77 LSU 76 Final OT
Kentucky slips by a game LSU team. IMO winning a game in OT is great for this team. I liked how UK played today they were not making shots but at least they were driving the ball instead of jacking up threes!
LSU was playing with everything the had to live for as a win would have put them in the NCAA. Now they'll have to almost win out the SEC tourney to make the NCAA. UK has became a bubble burster lately.
Mix1 Wrote:LSU was playing with everything the had to live for as a win would have put them in the NCAA. Now they'll have to almost win out the SEC tourney to make the NCAA. UK has became a bubble burster lately.

From preseason #1 to bubble buster. Confusednicker:
You have no clue what I was referring to as UK being a bubble buster. Your lack of knowledge won't even get an answer to what I meant. Hint,,, had nothin about UK being a bubble bust themselves.
So, they busted LSU's bubble. If you are applauding that, you have serious issues pal.
way to fight against a team with nothing to lose and Hickey palying his best game and against a team with big better than ours..now PLEASE beat down the PIGS or I will have to wear a PIGS shirt for a yr...
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:So, they busted LSU's bubble. If you are applauding that, you have serious issues pal.

As they did with Ole Miss and soon to be Arkansas. So,,, cheers!!! And im not your pal,, pal.
This team should be beating a team like LSU by 30
It's every team UK plays that has a field day and some average player has a career day. Anyone else,, these teams play average. UK is every teams superbowl.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:This team should be beating a team like LSU by 30

This recruiting class was somewhat over rated. None of these freshmen are at the level of a Davis and none are the defender that MKG was. Parker and Wiggins, they are not at Davis's level either. Fact of the matter is UK or anybody for that matter could have the top recruiting class for the next 10 years and not hit a group as good as the 2012 group was. Davis and MKG did go 1 and 2 in the draft! If you are a true UK fan root for them to do the best that they can and forget about the 30 point blowout crap. IMO this team could be a lock down zone team that is really hard to score against but coach Cal doesn't like zone and has never bothered to learn how to teach it and that is not this group of freshmen's fault. Cal has been great at UK and returned the program to the glory road but he does have his faults as a coach. The twins are skilled players but IMO neither is a true Point Guard. Not having a true PG has effected the production of every player in this Freshmen Class. Playing without a true PG is not this group of freshmen's fault either. Cal has struggled this season and last because of poor PG play. You would think a coach that runs a offense called the DRIBBLE DRIVE needs to be DARN sure he has a good quick PG on his team! It's a no brainer!
Mix1 Wrote:It's every team UK plays that has a field day and some average player has a career day. Anyone else,, these teams play average. UK is every teams superbowl.

Well, that is not unique to UK. I would venture to say that powers such as Syracuse, dUKe, Florida, Arizona, all get the same effort against opposition as the Cats. We always want to make UK unique by giving them that excuse that we have a target on our back. So, Win the damn games you are supposed to win! Shut down the "Average Player" and make him average. The other powerhouses in college basketball do, so why should UK be given a pass? Over the past two seasons, UK has had more closer than expected calls than any other pre-season #1 team in the nation, and having "Kentucky" on the front of the jersey is no excuse for letting the other team perform higher than an mediocre basketball team, so let's stop giving them passes and hold them accountable and expect a higher degree of effort!
honestjchsfan Wrote:This recruiting class was somewhat over rated. None of these freshmen are at the level of a Davis and none are the defender that MKG was. Parker and Wiggins, they are not at Davis's level either. Fact of the matter is UK or anybody for that matter could have the top recruiting class for the next 10 years and not hit a group as good as the 2012 group was. Davis and MKG did go 1 and 2 in the draft! If you are a true UK fan root for them to do the best that they can and forget about the 30 point blowout crap. IMO this team could be a lock down zone team that is really hard to score against but coach Cal doesn't like zone and has never bothered to learn how to teach it and that is not this group of freshmen's fault. Cal has been great at UK and returned the program to the glory road but he does have his faults as a coach. The twins are skilled players but IMO neither is a true Point Guard. Not having a true PG has effected the production of every player in this Freshmen Class. Playing without a true PG is not this group of freshmen's fault either. Cal has struggled this season and last because of poor PG play. You would think a coach that runs a offense called the DRIBBLE DRIVE needs to be DARN sure he has a good quick PG on his team! It's a no brainer!

I agree with your thoughts. The Harrison twins were the best players in the country, but they were not the best fit for the way this team is built.

When Huggins was at UC, I would get so pissed that he recruited players that could not play his system, and then he complained about them. Instead of adjusting his coaching to the team that he had, he forced a change on the players. It is obvious that neither Harrison twin is a dribble-drive player, so, do you continue to force them to play that style or adjust your offense to suit your players (if Cal is capable to).
Shewww
Lucky to win that one
Stardust Wrote:Well, that is not unique to UK. I would venture to say that powers such as Syracuse, dUKe, Florida, Arizona, all get the same effort against opposition as the Cats. We always want to make UK unique by giving them that excuse that we have a target on our back. So, Win the damn games you are supposed to win! Shut down the "Average Player" and make him average. The other powerhouses in college basketball do, so why should UK be given a pass? Over the past two seasons, UK has had more closer than expected calls than any other pre-season #1 team in the nation, and having "Kentucky" on the front of the jersey is no excuse for letting the other team perform higher than an mediocre basketball team, so let's stop giving them passes and hold them accountable and expect a higher degree of effort!

This superbowl thing goes back to the pitino days,, gradually has gotten worse over the years. UK is one of the most hated,, and I'll say the most hated,, in the country. We're not the number 1 program for nothing.

I'm no fan of the OAD so I'll leave it at that.
mix1 Wrote:this superbowl thing goes back to the pitino days,, gradually has gotten worse over the years. Uk is one of the most hated,, and i'll say the most hated,, in the country. We're not the number 1 program for nothing.

I'm no fan of the oad so i'll leave it at that.
oad?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jarons Wrote:oad?

One and done..
Stardust Wrote:Well, that is not unique to UK. I would venture to say that powers such as Syracuse, dUKe, Florida, Arizona, all get the same effort against opposition as the Cats. We always want to make UK unique by giving them that excuse that we have a target on our back. So, Win the damn games you are supposed to win! Shut down the "Average Player" and make him average. The other powerhouses in college basketball do, so why should UK be given a pass? Over the past two seasons, UK has had more closer than expected calls than any other pre-season #1 team in the nation, and having "Kentucky" on the front of the jersey is no excuse for letting the other team perform higher than an mediocre basketball team, so let's stop giving them passes and hold them accountable and expect a higher degree of effort!

I don't think I'd put Florida, Arizona and Syracuse in that group. Kentucky, Duke Kansas and Maybe Carolina draw that kind of ire and create that much of a spark.
^ This year???? I could care less about any other team, but it's ridiculous every year to make excuses for our team by saying "everyone gets up for us". Well, other teams have that exact same predicament. Great teams beat mediocre teams consistently and have fewer close games than UK does.
Mix1 Wrote:This superbowl thing goes back to the pitino days,, gradually has gotten worse over the years. UK is one of the most hated,, and I'll say the most hated,, in the country. We're not the number 1 program for nothing.

Hated by who??? Mix, you are too smart to be the typical UK fan who says "everyone is out to get us". We are the #1 program in history because we got started before everyone else! But I guarantee you that UK is not the #1 program in the years that you have been alive. So, I don't put any credence into history garbage. Who is the best NOW! That's all I care about. I don't care who did what when my grandpa was riding a horse! It's TODAY when you win championships. The 1947 Cats will not step on the floor this March!
1948, 1949, 1951, 1958, 1978, 1996, 1998, 2012... Good enough for #1 of all time. From your great pap to your grandkids.

And outside of UK fans,, we are absolutely hated by everyone. I love it.
For this team to make the 16 would be a huge accomplishment, if they make the tourney!

Beware all dogs in the weeks ahead, you may be kicked!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Spirit100 Wrote:For this team to make the 16 would be a huge accomplishment, if they make the tourney!

Beware all dogs in the weeks ahead, you may be kicked!

If who makes the tourney?
Stardust Wrote:^ This year???? I could care less about any other team, but it's ridiculous every year to make excuses for our team by saying "everyone gets up for us". Well, other teams have that exact same predicament. Great teams beat mediocre teams consistently and have fewer close games than UK does.
Even if you qualify it with "this year" Florida draws no where near the crowds nor the venom around the SEC like Kentucky does. Nor do they nationally. That's not to say they aren't the better team this year because they are.

They just aren't one of the select few every year.
I thought Kentucky won this game? You sure wouldn't know it from the reactions. You all hate the one and done, you hate Coach Cal, you don't like the players, and other than being a fan 90%+ of you didn't go to UK or have any connection or commitment to the school.

Probably wouldn't hurt to find a new team until it changes because some of you are going to complain no matter what. Florida only beat Ole Miss by 4 yet they're doing fine but we're not?

21-6. I feel fine about it. No team is dominating, not even inferior competition. Aside from Wichita but that is some extreme inferior competition.
A good portion of UK fans are spoiled babies
Mr. Onion Head Wrote:I thought Kentucky won this game? You sure wouldn't know it from the reactions. You all hate the one and done, you hate Coach Cal, you don't like the players, and other than being a fan 90%+ of you didn't go to UK or have any connection or commitment to the school.

Probably wouldn't hurt to find a new team until it changes because some of you are going to complain no matter what. Florida only beat Ole Miss by 4 yet they're doing fine but we're not?

21-6. I feel fine about it. No team is dominating, not even inferior competition. Aside from Wichita but that is some extreme inferior competition.

UK was one Julius Randle tip away from you not posting this nonsense about beating a crappy team like lsu...
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:UK was one Julius Randle tip away from you not posting this nonsense about beating a crappy team like lsu...

Yea, but it did happen. So I guess my nonsense holds up for now. If I didn't know any better I'd say some fans like you want to see Kentucky lose just so you can get on here and puff out your chest.

A win is a win. Especially this season where all teams struggle. Even against crappy 16 win teams like LSU.
Mediocrity is mediocrity. You can put perfume on crap, but it's still crap! A win is a win, sometimes you need slump-busters - but sometimes you have to take your blue blinders off and see things for what they are.

I didn't play for the Cincinnati Reds! I didn't Play for the Cincinnati Bengals! I didn't play for team USA! Thus I sure as hell can choose them as the team of my choice and invest all the cheers and boos that I want. And if I cheer, it does not make me a homer! If I boo, it does not make me a hater! Thus if I don't want to accept what is put in front of me, then I don't have to "look for another team to root for"!
Mix1 Wrote:This superbowl thing goes back to the pitino days,, gradually has gotten worse over the years. UK is one of the most hated,, and I'll say the most hated,, in the country. We're not the number 1 program for nothing.

Everyone does hate UK and we are the best program in history.
^ So what does history have to do with today? Yankees are the best baseball team in History - they are not today! Celtics are best team in basketball history - they are not today! Green Bay Packers greatest in history - has not helped them in the last 6 years! Why do we always jump to history? Is it to avoid the present?