Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will be the next coach at Raceland?
Salmons and Aaron Stepp from Shelby Valley are the only interested parties as far as i know. Stepp's brother works for the school i believe. Id say at this rate there wont be a hire until around the end of march or first of april. But the jobs only been posted for 10 days...who knows what could happen between now and then. Heard Cov Cath and Lex Cath coaches may be looking.
Hire someone who loves Raceland and is OK With living in Ashland guys.

You need someone who likes the area and sees their life being here.
^^^this is why so many bought into Jerry Lucas coming on board. Area guy, family man, great coach, very personable. This may be scary to some, but i dont think we will know nething until late March or early April. It doesnt concern me all that much. Simply bc of all the tallent we have and experience at the skill positions. Josh Young will do fine under center and is actuall a bigger run threat than elkins AND has a stronger arm. He was just a slow developer, but he knows the system as as any coach and has the physical attributes to garner some college looks if he keeps his ints down. He is also a phenominal corner, one of the best all around corners I have seen in small school ball. Good RBs and the line will be fine. Once a coach is in place, the Rams will have nothing to worry about.
Just throwing my .02

How about the Head Coach at Lewis County?

Not too far of a geography change for him and his family and IMHO he has done a nice job there consistently getting 5-6 wins a year now it seems at a place that used to be lucky to win 2-3 games. More than anything he made Lewis County competitive even in the games they were losing.

It seems he has done this despite a very tiny roster (that he has grown to a decent size roster) and limited community support. At Raceland you can get players out easily and the community support is top notch.
Imo, the administration wants to take the next step foward in growing the program. Doing that will require hiring a coach from a larger school, with deep playoff experience and state title experience, win or lose. Imo, if that hire can not be made, they will hire from within.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Imo, the administration wants to take the next step foward in growing the program. Doing that will require hiring a coach from a larger school, with deep playoff experience and state title experience, win or lose. Imo, if that hire can not be made, they will hire from within.

Hell would freeze over I know and it won't happen and being friends with him and his family I know he's not interested but Nate Mcpeek is best coach unemployed right now be curious to see who steps up to plate realizes Musick is a snake and gives this guy a shot.
russellpride Wrote:Hell would freeze over I know and it won't happen and being friends with him and his family I know he's not interested but Nate Mcpeek is best coach unemployed right now be curious to see who steps up to plate realizes Musick is a snake and gives this guy a shot.

You're right, hell would freeze over and you're wrong, because there is no way that Nate was totally innocent in what was going on around him at Fairview.
Whats done is done. Lets stay on topic.
Another Raceland/Fairview spitting match
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ramcat77 Wrote:You're right, hell would freeze over and you're wrong, because there is no way that Nate was totally innocent in what was going on around him at Fairview.

Didn't say that simply saying very good coach that someone needs to give opportunity just making conversation and you had to get all pissy
I wouldn't think McPeek has a shot at Raceland. I think Raceland will hire from within. Salmons and Lewis are both great choices. Mark Lewis has over 40 years of coaching experience, helping lead Ironton to two state championship wins. I don't see how the Raceland administration can overlook Lewis' resume, IMO he deserves a shot.
Heard today some more outside interest has come to the forefront. Some Lexington area guys interested, as well as a few out of state guys. 6 applicants thus far.
I don't think Lewis is interested in being a head coach, matter of fact, I think the only person interested in this job on the current staff is Salmons. It's rumored that Grizzle and Francis almost left with Maynard and that makes me question their interest in remaining at Raceland. A new name I have heard is Paul Raines, troubles follows him, so that's probay not a good idea either.
2 things you we're wrong about ramcat, first thing was Nate didnt know it was about a student's credits being enrolled wrong, and some prominent people at Fairview's kids weren't getting to play and now they are, bottom line!! 2nd Russell said NO to TJ they didn't want any assistants from Raceland!!You will see what the coaching world thinks of Nate when you see where he lands in a couple of weeks. Why would he ever want to be at Raceland, they have never been to the carpet quit acting like it some dream job. First they should work on their field, I've seen cow pastures better than that. I'ts a mid level high school job at best!!
Football crazy - seems like another Russell McPride account.
Also I know for a fact Russell was very interested in Grizzle as OC. I believe he has chosen to stay at Raceland though.
football crazy Wrote:2 things you we're wrong about ramcat, first thing was Nate didnt know it was about a student's credits being enrolled wrong, and some prominent people at Fairview's kids weren't getting to play and now they are, bottom line!! 2nd Russell said NO to TJ they didn't want any assistants from Raceland!!You will see what the coaching world thinks of Nate when you see where he lands in a couple of weeks. Why would he ever want to be at Raceland, they have never been to the carpet quit acting like it some dream job. First they should work on their field, I've seen cow pastures better than that. I'ts a mid level high school job at best!!

Raceland has a great program, with great tradition. Last season they ascended to the highest level they've ever experienced and they will only up from here. Raceland's field is not the best in the state, but it also isn't the worst. Improvements have been made over the last couple of years, ane more changes are in the works, but those things take money and Raceland doesn't have an alumnus like John W Clark to pay for all the improvements that need to happen. If you have more trash to talk to me, then feel free to IM me, otherwise I'm going to respect Scotty's wishes and refrain from responding to your other comments.
It is a very respected program and has a very strong fan base. It also has players in the program that has played on the big stage at the 8th grade level. The upcoming season's team will have a senior class and a sophomore class that both played in the 8th grade championship game when they were in middle school as well as a very talented junior class that went deep into the playoffs as 8th graders. The sophomore class lost a total of 1 game in a 3 years span (6th, 7th, and 8th grade), that game being the 8th grade State Championship Game. The upcoming freshmen are also very good. So, with those things going for the program as well as coming off a very successful season which culminated with the first Regional Championship in school history with a team that produced 6 signed college commitments, why would a good coach not be interested in coming here? Heck of alot better than going to a program that is on probation and has been investigated by KHSAA for recruiting violations and has had to have a local judge intervene to help make players eligible!! GO RAMS!!
well your 0-3 !! No not from Russell lol but you are totally incorrect Russell said NO to any Ram Asst. coming there, they wanted to keep their assts. You bash Nate McPeek and Garry then cry fowl like a little boy! Take your ball and go home to mommy! It amazes me how you guys get on hee and bash people but when you get called on something you cry like your on the front row at RUPP!
There is not a high school field in the tri state as terrible as Racelands. the front lawn at your high school is better taken care of.
2nd there is not to many coaches who would want that job thats why you have to settle for who your going to get.
Just remember when it's 4th and inches Fake Punt and Pass!!
football crazy Wrote:2 things you we're wrong about ramcat, first thing was Nate didnt know it was about a student's credits being enrolled wrong, and some prominent people at Fairview's kids weren't getting to play and now they are, bottom line!! 2nd Russell said NO to TJ they didn't want any assistants from Raceland!!You will see what the coaching world thinks of Nate when you see where he lands in a couple of weeks. Why would he ever want to be at Raceland, they have never been to the carpet quit acting like it some dream job. First they should work on their field, I've seen cow pastures better than that. I'ts a mid level high school job at best!!

The future is bright at Raceland. Two of the classes on the upcoming season's squad have played in the State Championship Game which many would consider to be a Big stage. One of those theams went undefeated in their 6th and 7th grade seasons, then undefeated in the 8th grade until the Championship game. Most of those victories were against much larger schools. That same group were undefeated in Freshmen games and the JV squad that many of those players were on lost only 1 game this past season.

The fan base at Raceland is very supportive and the program is coming off their first REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP in school history which raised the bar and will give the upcoming teams more determination to reach and surpass what the 2013 team accomplished. That team produced 6 signed college commitments, the most in school history, and more than any other school in this area for this year.

Had Russell not been TJ's home school, I'm very confident that Raceland would not be hiring a new coach and McGlone would still be Russell's coach. The Monday after Raceland lost in the State Semi-final game to Williamsburg I was told by a Russell Assistant Football Coach that they would be pursuing Maynard to be their coach. This was several weeks before McGlone was relieved of his coaching duties.

If you are a Russell fan, be glad that you have TJ for a coach, he is an excellent coach. Don't try to downgrade Raceland's program, after all, how many of the last 5 Rail Cities Bowls did Russell win?

If you are a Fairview fan, look and see which school is on probation and which school has been investigated by the KHSAA for an ineligible Wva player, that took a local judge to rule him eligible (overruling the KHSAA), figure that one out. Guess their coach was clueless on that too. If he is that clueless, why would any school want a coach that doesn't know if that kind of activity is occurring in his program.

Raceland's field does need some work, but that has nothing to do with the heart and soul of the program (Our Players). Their grit, determination, and abilities will help lure many qualified applicants and the Administration will hire the best applicant that will lead this very successful proram in the right direction.
^^^^ @ football crazy... LMAO ������
Raceland football has one of the best traditions in this area and in Class A football. No cheating allegation, no playoff ban, no firing of coaches for unethical procedures, and no forfeiting wins! Just a bunch of winning season, district titles, and sending players to further their athletic and educational careers at the college level. Ask anyone in this entire state and they say Raceland is a highly respected, blue collar program that works hard and competes, always respects the game and it's integrity. As for Fairview and the McCheats, well their reputation speaks for itself but the word unemployed does come to mind.
And thanks for the info about our field.. As if we don't play on it every week. I can assure you, Raceland will work equally as hard to patch up our field as the Fairview school district, Music, McPeaks, and everyone else involved works to patch up their tarnished reputations.
More are coming out of the woodwork. Things are starting to look better and better.
Williamsburg owes raceland a road trip....Great fans. 64SUR. :bike: :bike: :bike:
NoPicks Wrote:And thanks for the info about our field.. As if we don't play on it every week. I can assure you, Raceland will work equally as hard to patch up our field as the Fairview school district, Music, McPeaks, and everyone else involved works to patch up their tarnished reputations.

Lol #moveon
I haven't talked about Fairview other than state the truth about Nate McPeek! You keep throwing that up and you keep stating false information. I just think your delusional about Racelands program and you act like Nick Saban is going to apply! It,s not the attractive program you think it is! The last 5 years you may be the 6th or 7 th best program in Eastern Kentucky behind Hazard, Fairview, Johnson Central,Pikeville, Ashland then Possibly Raceland so quit acting like your world beaters recently !
Move on, trolls.
football crazy Wrote:I haven't talked about Fairview other than state the truth about Nate McPeek! You keep throwing that up and you keep stating false information. I just think your delusional about Racelands program and you act like Nick Saban is going to apply! It,s not the attractive program you think it is! The last 5 years you may be the 6th or 7 th best program in Eastern Kentucky behind Hazard, Fairview, Johnson Central,Pikeville, Ashland then Possibly Raceland so quit acting like your world beaters recently !

Nope.. "world beaters" was never communicated in my post. But integrity and respect sure were. By no means do I think the Raceland program is Highlands, Mayfield, Trinity, or even JC in terms of wins but Raceland is highly respected and a top Class A program via ethics and hard work. Without a doubt they will have some quality applicants. However, their best hire is within, Salmons or Lewis. To Football Crazy and RussellPride, thanks for your enthusiasm and ignorance. Case closed.
Before you bash Raceland, you should submerge yourselves in proper grammar courses; it is somewhat embarrassing guys (football crazy, russellpride).
Do the Russell kids that have been leaving to play for Tj leave to play for a new coach? I'm sure the Greenup kids keep comming. I think Russels kids stay home now. Raceland new coach won't have as much talent to work with as Tj did in my opinion.