•  Previous
  • 11(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County names Jason Chappell Head Coach
SEKYFAN Wrote:Will Gibbs still coach now that he was named as Principal at one of the elementary schools?

Gibbs hasn't been doing anything with the team.
Im not sure if Chappell even wanted him or not. From what I hear, Bozeman was really the only coach that continued to work with the kids once Gibbs was gone.
Either way, you cant be principal or any kind and coach at Whitley, just like Corbin.

Ive got a feeling im not going to know any of the new coaches at all. Never met any of them before in my life.

Could be wrong though. Whitley is full of surprises right now, and most of them aren't good surprises.
The boy from London will be calling the offense. Colonels get ready for a ton of 1 yard passes. LOL
TrueDawg Wrote:The boy from London will be calling the offense. Colonels get ready for a ton of 1 yard passes. LOL

:ChairHit:
TrueDawg Wrote:The boy from London will be calling the offense. Colonels get ready for a ton of 1 yard passes. LOL

Jason Chappell will call all the offense. Power from spread.
Dave Mitchell
Seth Mitchell, Dave's nephew
Coach Bozman
Mark Huddleston
Coach McKiddy
Coach from South- McDaniels?
Coach Bryant ? Middle school or may move to H.S
Pretty solid staff
redstorm Wrote:Dave Mitchell
Seth Mitchell, Dave's nephew
Coach Bozman
Mark Huddleston
Coach McKiddy
Coach from South- McDaniels?
Coach Bryant ? Middle school or may move to H.S

They actually have 10 HS coaches which include 2 Freshman coaches. Its Allen Mitchell not Seth and Bryant is staying with the 8th grade. They have 5 def coaches and 5 Off including Chappell
Who is on staff that wasn't listed above?
Paul Crewe Wrote:Jason Chappell will call all the offense. Power from spread.

What kind of defense? I guess Dave Mitchell is defensive coordinator?
redstorm Wrote:Pretty solid staff

I think so with the exception of mcdaniels.
Knowing Dave I would assume 3-5-3 but he is very flexible to the available talent.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I think so with the exception of mcdaniels.

McDaniels will work very hard and he will work under Chappell. He will be a solid assistant and help Chappell.

Defense will be a 50 front with multiple looks according to the offense set.
Paul Crewe Wrote:McDaniels will work very hard and he will work under Chappell. He will be a solid assistant and help Chappell.

Defense will be a 50 front with multiple looks according to the offense set.

That's Mitchell, has always played this and been very successful with it. Bozeman will be big help on Def.
Im surprised to see Hudd coaching again, although they need a teacher/coach and they couldn't hire another coach and make him a teacher as well.
I think Hudd was fired by Gentry when he took over after Campbell, and then when Gentry fled after 3 months, I never knew he was interested in coaching under Black.
He should be a good help with the QB's and Receivers.
looks like a solid staff is being put together.now I hope a lot more kids are interested in coming out for the team now.go talk to them and their parents and get them out there lol
I think Whitley will be fun to watch this year. Hope to see them play this year :Cheerlead
33 power Wrote:They actually have 10 HS coaches which include 2 Freshman coaches. Its Allen Mitchell not Seth and Bryant is staying with the 8th grade. They have 5 def coaches and 5 Off including Chappell

No one has even mentioned Darrell Woods, He is an outstanding coach and is the father of the QB Luke ALLEN. I think he may be the OFF Coach, and probably the ASSistant Head coach.
any new faces on the roster?
  •  Previous
  • 11(current)