Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red Devils 2007: UPDATE
I would really like to see Russell and Ironton or Russell and Johnson Central in there some time.
Lets say ST. X or Male, am I in the ball park.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Batpuff Wrote:Lets say ST. X or Male, am I in the ball park.

GIVE UP BP!!!! We ain't gonna tell.:dontthink But if this one falls through we may end up with one of those 2. The AD called every team within 200 miles and everyone either had scheduling issues or just flat out refused to play us. Trust me this will be a killer challenge if this game comes together.
ALRIGHT i WILL TELL YA WHO IT IS

READY.............

KEEP SCROLLING DOWN TO SEE.......

wait a minute the phone is ringing, it must be midee1, or FBALL yelling at me... hold on please........
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
:ChairHit: :argue: :redboxer: :moon:
Midee1 Wrote::ChairHit: :argue: :redboxer: :moon:

see I told you he would be yelling at me..........
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Devilologist Wrote:see I told you he would be yelling at me..........
We could know something this morning. Stay tuned.
Morning FBALL.....
Devilologist Wrote:Morning FBALL.....
:howdy: How ya doin D.
I know the secret. Can I spill the beans?
Sponge Bob Wrote:I know the secret. Can I spill the beans?

:argue: :ChairHit: NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!Confusedhh:
I just heard who the 3rd team is...I guess the neither of the 2 biggies I was anticipating were able to work out dates...While not on the level of the two I expected, this current 4A team team will still provide a good test for the Devils...
Getting Updated now....
The official word is that Russell will play Simon Kenton in week 8. Don't know if we play at home or away but they are in week 8 for the Red Devils.
Your welcome,
Nothing against SK but I really wish the other game could have been worked out.
FBALL Wrote:Nothing against SK but I really wish the other game could have been worked out.

Be happy that we finally got a 10th game. You know the problems we were having with that.:thumpsup:
It was Highlands but something did not work out.

look at the clues:

I AM BLUE :
A LIITTLE BIRD TOLD ME:
Midee1 Wrote:Be happy that we finally got a 10th game. You know the problems we were having with that.:thumpsup:

Yeah, but a home game with Highlands or Danville would have been awfully nice.
I believe the SK game will be at Russell. If not that would be only 4 home games and the last 4 games of the season on the road. That is one reason that spot may have been as hard to fill. We needed a home game.
LOOKS LIKE THIS:
Greenup at Russell
Ashland at Russell
Russell at Boyd
Russell at West Carter -District game
Lewis at Russell - District game
Mason at Russell - District game
Russell at East Carter -District game
Simon Kenton at Russell
Russell at Lawrence County
RUSSELL AT RACELAND
Week 11- open

I am thinking that this is correct with SK coming to Russell in 07....
Devilologist Wrote:LOOKS LIKE THIS:
Greenup at Russell
Ashland at Russell
Russell at Boyd
Russell at West Carter -District game
Lewis at Russell - District game
Mason at Russell - District game
Russell at East Carter -District game
Simon Kenton at Russell
Russell at Lawrence County
RUSSELL AT RACELAND
Week 11- open

I am thinking that this is correct with SK coming to Russell in 07....

That's what you get for thinking. Here is the actual schedule.

8/24/07Greenup Home
8/31/07Boyd Co. Away
9/07/07** West Carter Home
9/14/07Ashland Home
9/21/07** East Carter Away
9/28/07Lawrence Co. Away
10/05/07** Lewis Co. Home
10/12/07Simon Kenton Home
10/19/07** Mason Co. Away
10/26/07Raceland Away
11/02/07Open

2008 the scheduling is the same except switching home and away.
Thanks MIDEE1. I can always count on making you look good.
We waiting all this time to hear SK? C'mon guys! I really didn't think you all had much of a chance to schedule Highlands. I was really expecting to see Danville or Beechwood, though. Or even Lexington Catholic.
Highlands was the school and yes they were talking and YES it was 99% done... I spoke to the AD myself and he told me himself that it was not finalized but it was pretty much a done deal but no one could speak of it until it was finalized.. He did also say that there were back up plans if that did not go through, well I guess they did not wantt o play us either.
"Didn"t have much chance of scheduling HIGHLANDS."
DUDE !!!!!!!! Highlands and Russell were the championship game inthe EAST when I played..... Long rivals in the eastern championship, this was in 3A then 81,82,- And Conners in 83.
I didn't mean that you all didn't have a chance, that they didn't want to play you all, or didn't think Russell was "worthy", but Highlands is very hard to schedule considering the fact that they currently only play in a district with 4 participating teams so most of their other games are locked up previously.

It's always hard to schedule a perennial powerhouse, because most people want to get a piece of their action and pull the upset. They have so many options to choose from that it's hard to find the right match, especially with the correct week. Ashland was trying to schedule Boyle County the year after they won their 2nd straight title in 2A and thought we had a deal done, and it fell through at the last minute like this one did.
Tomcat68 Wrote:We waiting all this time to hear SK? C'mon guys! I really didn't think you all had much of a chance to schedule Highlands. I was really expecting to see Danville or Beechwood, though. Or even Lexington Catholic.
Danville was talked to as well. It would have been nice but thats how it goes. They apparently decided it was too long of a trip. And who could blame them. Russell needed a home game for next year. So SK it is.

BTW, we were all told the same thing about Highlands. That is why none of us wanted to say just in case it fell through. It was tough to keep that one quiet. I think that is the one that everyone really wanted.
True dat
Devilologist Wrote:Highlands was the school and yes they were talking and YES it was 99% done... I spoke to the AD myself and he told me himself that it was not finalized but it was pretty much a done deal but no one could speak of it until it was finalized.. He did also say that there were back up plans if that did not go through, well I guess they did not wantt o play us either.
"Didn"t have much chance of scheduling HIGHLANDS."
DUDE !!!!!!!! Highlands and Russell were the championship game inthe EAST when I played..... Long rivals in the eastern championship, this was in 3A then 81,82,- And Conners in 83.

And Danville in '84