Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Red Devils 2007: UPDATE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Schedule looks like this so far:
Russell Red Devils 2007 calendar:
First week--- open
Greenup at Russell
Ashland at Russell
Russell at Boyd
Russell at West Carter -District game
Lewis at Russell - District game
Mason at Russell - District game
Russell at East Carter -District game
Russell at Lawrence County--- official !!!!
SOMEONE at Russell------waiting to be finalized this Thursday !!!!! Get ready.
RUSSELL AT RACELAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DONE !!!!!!!!

The open game is guaranteed to be a barn burner for Russell, very good opponent coming in to visit.......... Cant say who...
Wow, two good games hopefully
What's in the works D??? We all wanna know. Maybe Mercer County? Wouldn't that be a coincidence.
Man I cant wait until the Russell @ Lawrence Co we have had some great games over the years but havent played in a great while.
I agree Bat.
Tomcat68 Wrote:What's in the works D??? We all wanna know. Maybe Mercer County? Wouldn't that be a coincidence.

D will be drawn and quartered if he leaks anything. We have just been having troubles picking up a third game. Confusedhh:
NOT TROUBLES... JUST AVAILABILITY.. Russell plays Greenup, Ashland and Boyd first...
Then they pick up other games after that..... The issue is who wants to play us and when can they actually play. Supposedly we had Hurricane, WV... but they called back and said "I dont think so"....... Teams have been called in 200 mile radius and with availability nothing happened... BUT the big news will come out this week hopefully about the ONE opening in the schedule...... IT WILL BE A SHOCK TO SOME BUT NOT FOR OLD TIME RUSSELL FANS..............MAN I LOVE THE 80,S........... MUSIC, VIDEOS,,,,, THE BIG HAIR GIRLS AND FOOTBALL. TEASER FOR YA......
Go Red Devils
Devilologist Wrote:NOT TROUBLES... JUST AVAILABILITY.. Russell plays Greenup, Ashland and Boyd first...
Then they pick up other games after that..... The issue is who wants to play us and when can they actually play. Supposedly we had Hurricane, WV... but they called back and said "I dont think so"....... Teams have been called in 200 mile radius and with availability nothing happened... BUT the big news will come out this week hopefully about the ONE opening in the schedule...... IT WILL BE A SHOCK TO SOME BUT NOT FOR OLD TIME RUSSELL FANS..............MAN I LOVE THE 80,S........... MUSIC, VIDEOS,,,,, THE BIG HAIR GIRLS AND FOOTBALL. TEASER FOR YA......

Its killing you isn't it?
Tomcat68 Wrote:What's in the works D??? We all wanna know. Maybe Mercer County? Wouldn't that be a coincidence.
Not Merger Co.

Sorry its a sworn secret for now.
FBALL Wrote:Not Merger Co.

Sorry its a sworn secret for now.
It makes me so blue to keep secrets from you, but for now I am sworn to secrecy,,,,,,,, I can not tell anyone right now until I get the release signal to be able to talk about it................. Sorry,, BUT............................. a little bird told me yesterday that Raceland will have to build on to the stadium to seat eveyone for next year..... This is great for them..... Raceland vs Russell next year week 1o.
Maybe Ironton,OH???, I would personally like to see that series started.
Central Ram Wrote:Maybe Ironton,OH???, I would personally like to see that series started.
Not next year but maybe in 09
Central Ram Wrote:Maybe Ironton,OH???, I would personally like to see that series started.

You should have hung around and listened. It's amazing what you can learn from talking to the right people.:Thumbs:
I really dont see what they hope to gain from Raceland. The Rams will not be very good next year. If they played each other this year, I think Russell would win by whatever they wanted. I don't really see that Russell has scheduled any tougher next year.
Statmaster Wrote:I really dont see what they hope to gain from Raceland. The Rams will not be very good next year. If they played each other this year, I think Russell would win by whatever they wanted. I don't really see that Russell has scheduled any tougher next year.

I think Raceland has been wanting this match up for years. We are so close that it will be a big draw from both communities. As for it being a good game, I can't answer that. I really have no idea what Russell will have next year. Although it does seem that we never rebuild we just reload.
Statmaster Wrote:I really dont see what they hope to gain from Raceland. The Rams will not be very good next year. If they played each other this year, I think Russell would win by whatever they wanted. I don't really see that Russell has scheduled any tougher next year.

Lawrence County and Raceland are still a huge improvement over some of Russell's current district opponents. Plus, Russell now has every area team in KY on their schedule with the exception of Fairview. That's a huge gate draw for a team to play close games.
Tomcat68 Wrote:Lawrence County and Raceland are still a huge improvement over some of Russell's current district opponents. Plus, Russell now has every area team in KY on their schedule with the exception of Fairview. That's a huge gate draw for a team to play close games.
Thats is true,, the gate will make it a good game........ And yes MIDEE1 we do just reload for the next year. As far as playing other teams, I know that the AD called every school in 200 miles trying to work out schedules, this is what fell into place..... Granted Lawrence Co. and Raceland will be better than 2 old district games, but when Fleming Co. asked to be put into another district, that took out our usuall strongest team.... Now Mason will be the team to beat in our district...........
Syill that third UNSCHEDULED GAME will be a doosey also.... Hope that one works out.
For those who were not sworn to secrecy, let's have some fun and make a prediction. I have not received any information other than this thread. So here is my prediction:

Johnson Central Golden Eagles

The good news for me is I won’t have to wait long to see if I'm right or wrong. The AD will be stopping by my house to pick up his daughter today.

Devil68 :devilflam

Iwould like to see them play the ironton team of last year that would have been a good game.:ChairHit:
Devil68 Wrote:For those who were not sworn to secrecy, let's have some fun and make a prediction. I have not received any information other than this thread. So here is my prediction:

Johnson Central Golden Eagles

The good news for me is I won’t have to wait long to see if I'm right or wrong. The AD will be stopping by my house to pick up his daughter today.

Devil68 :devilflam
Its not Johnson Central.
t-cat50 Wrote:Iwould like to see them play the ironton team of last year that would have been a good game.:ChairHit:
I would too, but I don't think that will happen unless Ironton comes knocking on our door. The reason I say that is because we were the last one to call ('92 or '93), and they left us with the feeling of "your not worthy". We also contacted them recently (the last 2 yrs), not to schedule a game but for something that is common courteousy in high school football. Once again "not interested" and this was something that required no effort or expense on their part.
Belfrey
Replacing Powell and Estill Cos with Lawrence Co and Raceland is an improvement. I'm still not in favor of playing at Raceland but it has been hard to get teams on the schedule. The super secret third game is a DOOSEY if it can be worked out. It alone will make the schedule much tougher.
Devil68 Wrote:Belfrey
Not Belfry.
so here is a list of who it is not according to this thread.

Johnson Central
Belfry
Ironton
Mercer County

So according to this the only teams i can think of is fairview and Wheelersburg but i guess any West Virginia is a possbility so who knows
RHS 08 Wrote:so here is a list of who it is not according to this thread.

Johnson Central
Belfry
Ironton
Mercer County

So according to this the only teams i can think of is fairview and Wheelersburg but i guess any West Virginia is a possbility so who knows

Not Fairview. Not Wheelersburg (although I would like to see that one). and Not the WV schools.

If we keep this up it should be figured out about gametime next year. Confusedhh:
I'm starting to t hink it's further away from home. Maybe a former 2A team. Possibly a Lexington Catholic or Boyle County.
Well tell us all PLEASE!
Do I have the state right?
Pages: 1 2 3