Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt 2014
How did Larry Hammond stop the feeder system? You go out an raise money to keep it going. Most little league coaches around the state do not get paid. If you lose fund to the feeder system then raise the money to keep it going.
If Grigsby comes back from the leg injury he could be a load at the qb spot, very strong kid that could benefit from the right offensive scheme.
I haven't been hearing a lot out of the Bobcat camp this summer. Do we have any kids transferring in or out of the program? Who is the front runner for QB? Who is going to step up at WR spot with Whitmore transferring?
Where's whitmore going??
bac2369 Wrote:Where's whitmore going??

Transferred to Perry Central
The only wide receivers I know of on the team that had significant playing time last season was Collins, Hildebrand, and Brewer other than that I don't know who else would fill the positions. If Collins is Quarterback I don't see much of a passing attack for the Bobcats.
Cat Daddy Wrote:The football program is currently in a tough situation, with the state stepping in and taking over the school system. Once this passes, I look for the program to be strong once again. It may take a few years to get back to a state title contender, but we will get there. Hopefully, all of the rumors of Coach Moore possibly leaving for Perry Central are not true, because the program needs someone like Coach Moore to guide this program in the future. Coach Moore is someone who understands the tradition, and pride associated with Bobcat football.
The Bobcats will be a relevant team again when they drop to 2a. After this season I do not see any team from the mountains being a threat in.3a
Twitter: @tc_analytics

When are they dropping to 2a? They are 3 in next alignment.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:When are they dropping to 2a? They are 3 in next alignment.

I know
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Dropping down would be really great for the program. The feeder system is slowly dying in the grade school programs, there was only two teams this year.
If I am not mistaken the new alignment runs through 2015-2018. Breathitt's enrollment numbers are down, and I expect them to be in 2A in the next realignment. What kind of year should we be expecting from the bobcats this year?
Cat Daddy Wrote:If I am not mistaken the new alignment runs through 2015-2018. Breathitt's enrollment numbers are down, and I expect them to be in 2A in the next realignment. What kind of year should we be expecting from the bobcats this year?

Breathitt will be decent this year. May be a rough start at first but they will be solid. Anybody close to the program know anything about the Quarterback an Wide Receiver positions?
The Bobcats will be ok. Will they compete for a state title, probably not. But they will play hard and hit hard. A team will have to play well to beat them.
Are the bobcats competing in any 7 on 7 tournaments this summer?
Cat Daddy Wrote:Are the bobcats competing in any 7 on 7 tournaments this summer?

I thought they were going to one at UK this past weekend, but haven't seen any reports on any games. Scrimmages vs East Jessamine 8/15 @ Knox Central 8/22
Cat Daddy Wrote:Are the bobcats competing in any 7 on 7 tournaments this summer?

They will be playing in Corbin Thursday I Think...:Cheerlead
Does anyone have any updates on how the bobcats are looking this summer?
Cat Daddy Wrote:If I am not mistaken the new alignment runs through 2015-2018. Breathitt's enrollment numbers are down, and I expect them to be in 2A in the next realignment. What kind of year should we be expecting from the bobcats this year?

Lawrence county is in the same boat as Breathitt. In 97 when we played you we were both in 2a. Then our population started to grow and we went to 3a then 4a. Right now we are in 3a and with all the coal jobs going away it's not looking good. Now when the AEP Kentucky Power plant closes things will get even worse. We will be in 2a on the next alignment. We had some of our best success in 2a and I think 2a would look good with Breathitt and Lawrence in it again.
Ethan Little, Kyle Tilford, Bryson Parks, and Kyle Brewer will be the receivers when the season begins with James Fletcher Collins at QB. Hopefully there is a lot of young talent that can get some experience this season.
hs athletics fan Wrote:Dropping down would be really great for the program. The feeder system is slowly dying in the grade school programs, there was only two teams this year.

What's happening to the feeder system?
Don Carlo Wrote:What's happening to the feeder system?

No kids seem to be coming out for the teams. The numbers have been decreasing every year.
Moore is a good coach and he will have Breathitt rolling but it will be hard to beat Belfry
That is fixable with the right pieces in place as far as coaches and system
The feeder system is not good at all in my opinion. There just isn't many kids wanting to play football anymore it seems. Hopefully Coach Moore and the rest of his staff can get kids intrigued in playing football in grade school.
Are they getting any support from the administration? That could explain the number problems.
I heard the bobcats didn't do so well at the 7 on 7 in Lexington this summer. The Collins kid will be the QB and he will probably have the ball a lot but don't expect a whole lot. He is no R. Trent and those who downed White all season last year may be wishing he was back. When Collins got the ball coming out of the backfield last season, he ran around like he didn't know the plays. He'd run 30 yards only to gain 2. I don't think this offense has the talent to make up for the defense and out score teams like they did last year. Coach Moore gets the best out of his team. Hopefully the bobcats will have some success.
inyourface Wrote:I heard the bobcats didn't do so well at the 7 on 7 in Lexington this summer. The Collins kid will be the QB and he will probably have the ball a lot but don't expect a whole lot. He is no R. Trent and those who downed White all season last year may be wishing he was back. When Collins got the ball coming out of the backfield last season, he ran around like he didn't know the plays. He'd run 30 yards only to gain 2. I don't think this offense has the talent to make up for the defense and out score teams like they did last year. Coach Moore gets the best out of his team. Hopefully the bobcats will have some success.
Not going to worry too much about the Bobcats unless they struggle late in the season. There is time to improve for them because they are almost a lock to win the weakest district in Ky. Go Bobcats!
inyourface Wrote:I heard the bobcats didn't do so well at the 7 on 7 in Lexington this summer. The Collins kid will be the QB and he will probably have the ball a lot but don't expect a whole lot. He is no R. Trent and those who downed White all season last year may be wishing he was back. When Collins got the ball coming out of the backfield last season, he ran around like he didn't know the plays. He'd run 30 yards only to gain 2. I don't think this offense has the talent to make up for the defense and out score teams like they did last year. Coach Moore gets the best out of his team. Hopefully the bobcats will have some success.

Actually, Collins will be a better fit in Coach Moore's system. White had a very good arm, but he wasn't very mobile, and he gave up a lot of negative plays by not being able to avoid the pressure by opposing teams. Collins has an above average arm, and he is capable of beating you with his arm and legs. Turner is a very capable running back, but the receivers are young, and I look for them to struggle early on in the season. As far as defensively, the defense improved drastically last year, and I look for them to carry that momentum into this season. I predict another district championship, but the bobcats are not on the level to compete with Belfry for a regional championship. Good luck to the bobcats this upcoming season.