Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt 2014
How are the Bobcats gonna look this upcoming season?
Coach Moore is really hurting at the QB position. Doesn't look like any talent returning at that position.
Breathitt really needs realignment to be kind to them in 2015. With Belfry on the verge of being borderline dominant the next 4 years and Boyle and LexCath looming potentially in the Eastern Semi-State the bobcats really need some help from the KHSAA.

The sweet spot will be if Boyle and LexCath go to the West and Breathitt can manage to be put in the 3rd Region where they can avoid Belfry potentially until the Semi's. Otherwise it will be very tough for Breathitt to sustain playoff success for an extended run.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Breathitt really needs realignment to be kind to them in 2015. With Belfry on the verge of being borderline dominant the next 4 years and Boyle and LexCath looming potentially in the Eastern Semi-State the bobcats really need some help from the KHSAA.

The sweet spot will be if Boyle and LexCath go to the West and Breathitt can manage to be put in the 3rd Region where they can avoid Belfry potentially until the Semi's. Otherwise it will be very tough for Breathitt to sustain playoff success for an extended run.
Using the last four year's attendance numbers really will hurt Breathitt. If it were based on the last two like it's been in the past, Breathitt would most likely be a 2A school in the new alignment. I think the total enrollment at the high school is just under 560 student boys and girls.
Breathitt Loses top Offensive players in Noble WR, White QB, and both rushers Gilbert and Collins.
I don't think they will be any worse off than they were last season. The kid who broke his leg early in the season will be the qb, he isn't a Richard Trent, but he's not bad. They got Whitmore and Collins and a few more returning good players...
Whitmore and Collins will be the Top 2 Playmakers. Turner kid at RB.
bearcat88 Wrote:I don't think they will be any worse off than they were last season. The kid who broke his leg early in the season will be the qb, he isn't a Richard Trent, but he's not bad. They got Whitmore and Collins and a few more returning good players...

Who is the kid that broke his leg early in the season?
The kid who broke his leg is Grigsby. I will be more surprised if he is the QB than if he isn't.
Kyle Moore is a top shelf coach, and will get the most of the players he has....it would be a serious mistake for anyone to under estimate the Bobcats, they may lose some talent, but the kids they do have will be prepared and fundamentally sound, their spread offense is vicious and their kids fight hard to the final whistle. I am sure they will get a QB developed quickly to run the offense, if anyone can develope Qb's it is Coach Moore.

I can guarantee you one thing Jackson County is not going to take them lightly! They are the District Champs and should be favorites again until proven otherwise, which has not been done in a long time!!
The Cross Movement Wrote:Kyle Moore is a top shelf coach, and will get the most of the players he has....it would be a serious mistake for anyone to under estimate the Bobcats, they may lose some talent, but the kids they do have will be prepared and fundamentally sound, their spread offense is vicious and their kids fight hard to the final whistle. I am sure they will get a QB developed quickly to run the offense, if anyone can develope Qb's it is Coach Moore.

I can guarantee you one thing Jackson County is not going to take them lightly! They are the District Champs and should be favorites again until proven otherwise, which has not been done in a long time!!
Jackson County would
Not come within 4 td's of bc on an off year.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Jackson County would
Not come within 4 td's of bc on an off year.
Thank you for your keen and Indepth insight...did I make some kind of prediction? Did I say BC was not good, did I even hint at the fact they would have an off year?

No actually I said they would be good, and no team better overlook them and that Coach Moore is a great coach and until proven otherwise is the king of the district.....and your comment to that...Jackson would not come within 4-5 Tds of BC even in an off year....c'mon man...I didn't say we would...

But at any rate thank you for your uplifting and encouraging comment, it is nice to know there a people like you who take every opportunity to be encouraging to others...LOL

Best wishes to Brethitt! I think they have some good talent and will be successful again...Coach Moore and his staff are good people and coaches...
The Cross Movement Wrote:Thank you for your keen and Indepth insight...did I make some kind of prediction? Did I say BC was not good, did I even hint at the fact they would have an off year?

No actually I said they would be good, and no team better overlook them and that Coach Moore is a great coach and until proven otherwise is the king of the district.....and your comment to that...Jackson would not come within 4-5 Tds of BC even in an off year....c'mon man...I didn't say we would...

But at any rate thank you for your uplifting and encouraging comment, it is nice to know there a people like you who take every opportunity to be encouraging to others...LOL

Best wishes to Brethitt! I think they have some good talent and will be successful again...Coach Moore and his staff are good people and coaches...

Jackson County is starting to build a solid program, and that is something to be proud of in itself. Good Luck to the Generals this upcoming season.
Cat Daddy Wrote:Jackson County is starting to build a solid program, and that is something to be proud of in itself. Good Luck to the Generals this upcoming season.

Thank you Cat Daddy, you are classy as usual, like most of Bobcat nation!

We have a long, long way to go to get anywhere close to BC level, but we will keep working and will not give up....I really hope you guys do well, I really respect Coach Moore and the Bobcat fans....Be Blessed!
With no feeder system(Thank you Mr. Hammonds) I'd say we are on a downhill spiral.Kyle is a good coach but we need to start em' earlier than just highschool.The Collins boy that is coming back could be the best player of the 4 if he can get some of the Collins size.
How many seniors will this team have?
Breathitt needed a bump back to the top :Cheerlead
How has spring practice been going? I have been hearing the Collins kid is going to play QB this year.
Cat Daddy Wrote:How has spring practice been going? I have been hearing the Collins kid is going to play QB this year.

From what I've been hearing it's between Collins and Grigsby for the QB spot.
I think Grigsby will be playing defense! Collins is the best athlete on the team and will have the ball in his hands every play!
I have heard rumors of the Whitmore kid transferring to Perry Central, is there any truth to this? If this is true, it would be a big blow to the bobcats.
Cat Daddy Wrote:I have heard rumors of the Whitmore kid transferring to Perry Central, is there any truth to this? If this is true, it would be a big blow to the bobcats.
From what I've heard this is his last week at Breathitt High. He hasn't been to weight lifting all this week. And I've also heard he went and looked around the high school and the facilities Monday.
hs athletics fan Wrote:From what I've heard this is his last week at Breathitt High. He hasn't been to weight lifting all this week. And I've also heard he went and looked around the high school and the facilities Monday.

This is a huge blow for Coach Moore and the bobcats if he does leave. He would have been their top playmaker at the WR spot, and he was a solid DB. The only reason I could imagine him leaving would be for basketball, because their are a lot of question marks with the PCC football program at this time, with the departure of Haddix.
Cat Daddy Wrote:This is a huge blow for Coach Moore and the bobcats if he does leave. He would have been their top playmaker at the WR spot, and he was a solid DB. The only reason I could imagine him leaving would be for basketball, because their are a lot of question marks with the PCC football program at this time, with the departure of Haddix.

Very huge blow, if he does leave. Leaves Breathitt without any wide receivers that have had significant playing time if the Collins boy plays quarterback.
Where are all the athletes at? Breathitt used to be loaded with kids who could play.
E's Army Wrote:Where are all the athletes at? Breathitt used to be loaded with kids who could play.

Direct effect of a feeder system that came to a crashing halt.
You get the feel that it is falling apart in Jackson.
Great tradition can overcome a lot!
The football program is currently in a tough situation, with the state stepping in and taking over the school system. Once this passes, I look for the program to be strong once again. It may take a few years to get back to a state title contender, but we will get there. Hopefully, all of the rumors of Coach Moore possibly leaving for Perry Central are not true, because the program needs someone like Coach Moore to guide this program in the future. Coach Moore is someone who understands the tradition, and pride associated with Bobcat football.
If he were to leave who would take over? Could be a very tough situation with State in control.

How much longer is BC under state direction?