•  Previous
  • 8(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell 2014
TJ is a good coach and goes about things the right way. He will keep an eue on not only the feeder system, but the feeder system's feeder system. He is involved in his football program from the ground up. I saw him at Raceland JFL flag games and practices. Imo, tht shows a cosch that has great care in how thigs run from the ground up. Wish TJ and the Devils all the luck in the world. He will get Russell where they want to be.
Any reports on how practice is going for our devils?
Ive heard good things. I spoke with Maynard awhile back, he said that things were going smoothly, in regaurds to the transition. I expect big things from Russell this year. They may have some growing pains, but they will be in the thick of things, not just in the district, but in the region as well. When was the Red Devils last district championship?
According to their website http://www.reddevilsports.com it was 2007. 7 on 7 tourney starts today. We will see how far we are progressing.
Good luck to Maynard and co!
Any news on what they're running over there in Russell land? Is it pure spread like Raceland or a little under center? Did Maynard bring the 4-3 with him or are they still running the old 5-2?
I like it....Russell Land.... The Russell land Rams
Spread and 4-3
Ive said alot. If the day ever comes and South Greenup HS is created(Raceland/Russell) theres would be some very VERY good football teams.
Who does Russell scrimmage this year? dates and times?
How did the teams fair at the 7on7 you all hosted yesterday?
Ill comment on my own question, made it out the the morning games and Russell looked decent in my unbiased opinion. The QB looked mediocre, kinda reminded me of Elkins stature and arm wise and we all know those weren't his strengths. Number 8, I believe, looked to be their best offensive weapon in my opinion. I didn't see much of them on defense as I was skipping back and forth between games.
Russell had their Maroon and Gold teams pretty much split up. TJ tried to put established veterans on each team other than the white team who were mostly freshman. Only watched the Friday 7 on 7. I thought the devils looked good. Not awesome but thought they looked good for them. Not to down play any kids effort or ability but I thought Robinson (8) Korzep (32) and Conley stood out above the rest. Korzep was a beast on Friday.
I will say that a lot of the Russell players thought Fairviews QB stood out among the teams they watched.
What do you know about the Fleming Co. program ? I heard their freshman team won the JV tourney fri night and their varsity won on sat.
Bentley Wrote:What do you know about the Fleming Co. program ? I heard their freshman team won the JV tourney fri night and their varsity won on sat.

Fleming County will have a big senior class (20) this year. This class has had success at most levels. Really, 7 on 7 plays to their strengths. If they can get better line play and more consistent defense, they could be good this year. They played without a couple of starters this weekend and still did pretty well.
The freshman group has potential to be good as well. I know they used some freshman with the varsity group on Saturday.
Kids are back from their last camp. From what I'm hearing the kids loved it. These kids were already close and even became more so. It's going to be an exciting year. Weapons everywhere you look.
Don't think they beat mason county or Ashland I see 7 3 and 2nd round exit against bourbon
I see good chance of beating Ashland. Maybe not so much Mason but we will have to see.
Ashland is loaded Russell can't run with them too much speed
Baker is possibly a threat. I don't see too many other skill players that Russell couldn't match up with with our new defensive style.
What a difference a year makes DevilWatcher.Same kids different coach and you guys are back at the top even before you win your first game.Give it two or three years and you will be ready to give Maynard back,you'll see!!!
This Junior and Senior class have been under the microscope here in Devil Land every since these kids put on a helmet. These next 3 years have always been the groups fans have been excited about. Of course they had lost Messer, Dixon, and Sherman vacated to Ironton but those spots have been replaced nicely. What TJ has brought into this group is a bond that these kids as a whole have been missing. It may just be the fuel to send us a couple games deep into the playoffs.
Tj is the nick Saban of Kentucky according to devil watcher
Nascar seems to be a bitter, jealous man. Reminds me a lot of RussellMcPride, maybe it's just me.
Lol
No sir just speak the truth but it was a joke take a joke ram fans
Posted on the Russell Boosters page. Makes one ready for the season to start.
Also coach Maynard will be on WLGC this evening at 7pm
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)