•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Collins 37 Highlands 34 (4A State Championship)
Sometimes I don't know some of these kids are thinking. The safety for Highlands, #11, gives up what would have been an 80 yard touch down pass if the receiver hadn't stepped on the out of bounds line. The very next play the same kid makes a good play breaking up a pass. Instead of getting ready for the next play the kid has to taunt the receiver and gets a 15 yard unsportsman-like conduct penalty. A minute and a half latter the same kid gives up the game winning touchdown. If the kid had just had just played the next play instead of mouthing off chances are Highlands would have had another state championship.... The arrogance and stupidity of teenagers amazes me.
Congrats to Collins on their State Championship!
[quote=rojas]Sometimes I don't know some of these kids are thinking. The safety for Highlands, #11, gives up what would have been an 80 yard touch down pass if the receiver hadn't stepped on the out of bounds line. The very next play the same kid makes a good play breaking up a pass. Instead of getting ready for the next play the kid has to taunt the receiver and gets a 15 yard unsportsman-like conduct penalty. A minute and a half latter the same kid gives up the game winning touchdown. If the kid had just had just played the next play instead of mouthing off chances are Highlands would have had another state championship.... The arrogance and stupidity of teenagers amazes me.[/QUOTE
The kid was not flagged for taunting, it was for shot to the head. Should have been more of those called.
I'm really confused why this game was even played !!

I thought the 4A State Championship was 2 weeks ago.
Congrats to Collins. Highlands out coached. And Mueller making some bad decisions. On side kick? And a couple others. And defense??? Can your defensive coach make adjustments??? A lot went on during that game. But the ending. Helmet comes off. Kid had to go to bench. 2nd string QB (Cold, nervous and ready to s=== his pants) Me? I call time out. Let him think about it. But more importantly. Set up a blitz I haven't shown and bring the house.
Tommy2tone Wrote:[quote=rojas]Sometimes I don't know some of these kids are thinking. The safety for Highlands, #11, gives up what would have been an 80 yard touch down pass if the receiver hadn't stepped on the out of bounds line. The very next play the same kid makes a good play breaking up a pass. Instead of getting ready for the next play the kid has to taunt the receiver and gets a 15 yard unsportsman-like conduct penalty. A minute and a half latter the same kid gives up the game winning touchdown. If the kid had just had just played the next play instead of mouthing off chances are Highlands would have had another state championship.... The arrogance and stupidity of teenagers amazes me.[/QUOTE
The kid was not flagged for taunting, it was for shot to the head. Should have been more of those called.

Thanks for the correction. I did notice the kid mouthing off after the play and assumed it was for taunting.
Very weak schedule made many over exaggerate how good HHS really was. I fell for HHS fans saying this was the best team in the state. A mediocre Collins team took it to them. no way a team of the caliber of the HHS teams of the last 6 years. I was looking forward to a good game against the defending state champs in the regional finals next year and instead HHS gets dismantled by Collins.
Mediocre Collins?
Tommy2tone Wrote:Mediocre Collins?

Actually I know very little about Collins. Just using some of the same quotes the Highland "elites" like to throw around about everyone else.
WideRight05 Wrote:The truth is the truth. Highlands has better players, better coaches, better overall team, better facilities, better fans, better community. Collins just got lucky on one night.

Apparently not today, and that's the truth!!!!
How about the Balls on Becker?
Ive never seen anything like it.
Highlands has nowhere near the athletes Collins has nor coaching staff nor team. They are the 3rd best team in state. Collins, cov catholic then highlands. Hop, where are you??!!
All the HHS fans must be having internet problems....

Congrats to Collins on your first state championship.
Congratulations Collins and to Coach Lucas, his staff and most of all his kids!

SK will not have to listen to any smack from HHS over scheduling. After all, why does SK need to schedule the 2nd best team in 4a, when they already beat the best team in 4a!
Armchair QB Wrote:Very weak schedule made many over exaggerate how good HHS really was. I fell for HHS fans saying this was the best team in the state. A mediocre Collins team took it to them. no way a team of the caliber of the HHS teams of the last 6 years. I was looking forward to a good game against the defending state champs in the regional finals next year and instead HHS gets dismantled by Collins.

I think we all listened and fell for the hype....Confusednicker:
Onespiritedfan Wrote:Apparently not today, and that's the truth!!!!
Wide you forgot recruiting.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:All the HHS fans must be having internet problems....
Congrats to Collins on your first state championship.

If you think it's quiet on here, check out the sound of silence on the "all Highlands, all the time network":Clap:.
^

Boom.

That was the sound of a pen drop Confusednicker:
I like this one better Gut.

[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="7"]
BOOM !!! GOES THE CANNON.[/SIZE]
[/COLOR]

:biglmao:
Heard it could have been a lot more lopsided, but Collins put their backup QB in.:eyeroll:
Armchair QB Wrote:Heard it could have been a lot more lopsided, but Collins put their backup QB in.:eyeroll:

:Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap:
Damn I love this. Glad Collins could do the state proud. What does SK have over HHS? A win over the 4a state champs.
Boom! Congrats to Collins. They may get a little respect now.
Where's our friend WideRight05.......

It breaks my heart is little bluebirdies got beat.
Bob Seger Wrote:I like this one better Gut.

[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="7"]
BOOM !!! GOES THE CANNON.[/SIZE]
[/COLOR]

:hilarious:
Great game. I loved watching it. Neither team ever quit.
The "All Highlands All the time" network is blowing up..... and I love it.
Party at Collins tonight to celebrate. the death of 6 in a row!
Anyone know the last time HHS lost a playoff game or a game to an instate school?
Pulp Fiction Wrote:The "All Highlands All the time" network is blowing up..... and I love it.

The cat's even got old "guruBob's" tongue!!

Confusednicker:
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next