•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Collins 37 Highlands 34 (4A State Championship)
Congrats Highlands on another state title...:biggrin:
cuppett777 Wrote:Highlands pull upset? they was favored by 4tdsConfusednicker:

Buddy, do you know sarcasm
LOL
My Set The Line has just been destroyed...thank you HHS
The only thing funnier than the outcome is watching Spirit100 keep updating the game 2 minutes after i would post the same thing. We knew the game was over a full 5 minutes before he did Confusednicker:

I wonder if the BGP has burnt to the ground yet Confusednicker:
talking about a CHOKE job WIDERIGHTS BIRDS just choked on there own FEATHERS,lol,proablly wont hear from him until next year or he will say they got cheated..
Granny Bear Wrote:My Set The Line has just been destroyed...thank you HHS

Confusednicker:

Everybodys is.
Ill have to check the pickem thread.
If somebody behind a couple of points picked Collins, they might win.
Frozenbird Wrote:Collins played a good game. Congrates to Collins!

In think it may have been colder in Texas today, than your home town Frozenbird!!!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:The only thing funnier than the outcome is watching Spirit100 keep updating the game 2 minutes after i would post the same thing. We knew the game was over a full 5 minutes before he did Confusednicker:

I wonder if the BGP has burnt to the ground yet Confusednicker:

You all type too fast. My feed would skip on occasion and set me back. Happy to entertain some :big grin:. That was a great football game!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Remember the Titans! No doubt I will never forget this game. Congrats to Collins for the win and to both teams for one heck of a game. Both teams played their hearts out. No excuses from this FTH fan. Collins was a better team today and will be heard of for years to come.
Congrats again to Collins on winning the KY 4A State Championship! A well deserved/earned win, IMO.
So to all the blowout predicators Collins and Wayne County have said nah baby nah! The nail biters beat the heck out of the lop siders.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Okay, I will check back in later; Auburn and Missouri is back on!!!
What a great game!!!!!! I am so happy for Jerry Lucas. I got to know him when I lived in Shelbyville, you can't ask for a better man. Happy for Lawson Page, I remember watching him always throwing football with his brothers in front of my house. Unfortunately I didn't get to know him personally, he always seemed liked a good kid and was always nice to my kids, his mom is a great lady she I am sure she is beaming right now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I can only imagine how bad a Highlands Senior would feel after this one.

Break the streak on your last year and lose the state title game. Kind of always be known as "that bunch" especially if Highlands goes on another 7 year win streak, which is very possible.

Hard to be in those shoes tonight.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Correct me if im wrong, but when the Collins QB lost his helmet, a timeout was called afterwords, and that should mean he was able to play the next play right?

Incorrect. By rule unless there is a flag as a result of the helmet coming off the player whose helmet came off must sit out one play. A timeout is not a play by rule.
cuppett777 Wrote:Highlands pull upset? they was favored by 4tdsConfusednicker:

I think that was sarcasm. At least I took it that way.
Each year Collins has been in existence they have gone one step further.
2010 Lost in Regional Championship
2011 Lost in Semi's
2012 State runner's up
2013 State Champs!!!!!1
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
To me, all that the whole "platooning" thing did was confuse some HHS players, and give Collins big breaks.
It definitely wasn't a hurry up offense when the QB would look to the sideline for play calls and use the entire play clock all the time. When they did get the ball off quick, it worked. HHS went away from Harris in the first half, and i will never understand that move. I think they wanted to score quick and put up big numbers, but Collins was too good for that and had good speed.

Im not sure that platooning the defense would work, becuase that defense looked average at best tonight.
Tried to give it away and did. Wideright rode Belfry for two years. This will only make it worse. People will be on him like a rented mule. Confusedhh::popcorn:
Let me reword my explanation on the ripped off helmet.

First, if a players helmet comes off, you guys are right, he has to set out.

BUT, if a players helmet is ripped off by a defender, like in this case, the player can play the next play.
I bet Hop24 is estatic tonight.
All that down talk of SK and SK beat Collins Confusednicker:
They ought to make this a move :biggrin:
Even the best lose to a crap team every now and then.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I bet Hop24 is estatic tonight.
All that down talk of SK and SK beat Collins Confusednicker:

:biglmao: Yea, just ask Stack, SK was average and Collins doesn't play anybody! Congrats to Coach Lucas and the Collins football family. Flood warnings have been issued for Southgate, Newport, Bellevue, and Dayton from all the tears coming down the hill! Nice run Birds.
:thatsfunn:thatsfunn:thatsfunn
WideRight05 Wrote:Even the best lose to a crap team every now and then.

Easy wide, a bird is gonna land on that lip.Confusednicker:
The truth is the truth. Highlands has better players, better coaches, better overall team, better facilities, better fans, better community. Collins just got lucky on one night.
WideRight05 Wrote:Even the best lose to a crap team every now and then.

This is possibly the DUMBEST post in BGR history!!!!
WideRight05 Wrote:The truth is the truth. Highlands has better players, better coaches, better overall team, better facilities, better fans, better community. Collins just got lucky on one night.

:Sad04:
Gosh , I sure do miss my friends....
Hey, Digger......Gomer says hey!!
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next